The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

Answer given from the SVR. "The Cascades Gas Grills are currently being installed and will not be available for use on Friday. However, you may utilize the Courts (nearest gas grills to Cascades) and Fountains I & II Gas Grills."
Was kind of hoping Gina would chime in on this since she's at Vistana now, but I've seen the itinerary on her PTR - pretty busy. The Courts grills are pretty handy to Cascades, and indeed we met quite a few Cascades guests that were using the Courts stations when we were there in March. I knew that Cascades grills were on the maintenance plan, just no idea when.

There's a really nice vibe around the stations, lots of people relaxing with a beverage while whipping up their culinary creations. Each station has 3 large grills and a seating area. Had to wait 5-10 mins. a couple of time for a grill to open up; but had a great time chatting with the other guests. The grills were pretty meticulously cleaned each morning.

Was kind of hoping Gina would chime in on this since she's at Vistana now, but I've seen the itinerary on her PTR - pretty busy. The Courts grills are pretty handy to Cascades, and indeed we met quite a few Cascades guests that were using the Courts stations when we were there in March. I knew that Cascades grills were on the maintenance plan, just no idea when.

My apologies to you all! We are literally on the plane flying home as I type (thank you, Jetblue Fly-Fi!). I didn't think to check this thread while we were there....and unfortunately, we didn't even go to the south side except to the Welcome Center on our arrival day.

We return again in two months and two days :banana: ... so if anyone has a trip planned for after Christmas week and wants to know anything specific, feel free to post it here and I will check it out on our next journey southward.

Oh my goodness! I'm finally at the point in time that I can complete a Diamond Lane request! Here's the thing...we don't even care if they fulfill our request! We've been waiting sooooo long!! Now...what to request...our only thought is a top floor in one of the buildings! :flower1:

Some pics of our villa from our most recent stay.....Fountains building 12:

Living and dining rooms:

Kitchen:

Desk:

Master bedroom:

Master ensuite (dressing area, shower, jacuzzi):

2nd bedroom:

Guest bath:

Balcony:

Should I hear something back after making a Diamond Lane request? Just curious...oh, and two more days of work. :rolleyes2

Should I hear something back after making a Diamond Lane request? Just curious...oh, and two more days of work. :rolleyes2

We have, the last two trips (email confirmations). The first couple we didn't hear a peep, but all of our requests were noted on our reservation when we arrived.

Those last few days of work are the PITS! ::yes::

We have, the last two trips (email confirmations). The first couple we didn't hear a peep, but all of our requests were noted on our reservation when we arrived.

Those last few days of work are the PITS! ::yes::

Didn't receive any emails...but got through those last days of work today! Off on a plane tomorrow!!

We arrived in FL and check into SVR today! I remember reading some tips on here about driving to/from WDW parks...but can't seem to find that now. Also, forgot my sunglasses. Where's the closest/nicest Wal-Mart to SVR? We stayed at Pop Century last night...What a neat place!

We arrived in FL and check into SVR today! I remember reading some tips on here about driving to/from WDW parks...but can't seem to find that now. Also, forgot my sunglasses. Where's the closest/nicest Wal-Mart to SVR? We stayed at Pop Century last night...What a neat place!
Sk8jdgca will get you to the nearest Walmart. There is a "nicer" Walmart on Turkey Lake Rd, but a bit more complicated to get to. Turn right from resort, next left at World Centre Dr, next left at I-Drive, follow for a couple of miles past the Publix and Walgreens (that's the best Publix BTW), and then next left on Darryl Carter Pkwy. Cross over I-4 and then right onto Palm Pkwy (becomes Turkey Lake) at the T intersection. Walmart is about 3 miles down on the left. Just guessing the distances...

The main tip for hitting the Disney parks is to always turn right out of the resort. Actually, it doesn't matter where you are going, always turn right out of the resort as traffic jams up often just to the North of the resort at I-4, and there is an entrance to I-4 on World Centre that is never jammed. As I was rambling, Disney is right out of the resort, right at World Centre for Epcot, DHS, and MK. Go two more lights to Osceola Pkwy for AK, also a right. In both cases, you are on Disney property as you cross I-4, and just follow the Disney signage from there.

I do recommend a GPS or Google Maps for the return drive. It is actually harder to find your way back to the resort when you are tired at the end of a long day than it is to find your way there.

Have a great stay!

Hello! New here, great thread! We are staying SVR in a week, and was wondering if all the balconies in all the buildings are screened in? If you have a first floor patio is there a door to get outside, from the patio?

Sorry if posted somewhere on here.

Thanks!

Hi there T-I-double-guh-errr,

First :welcome:to DIS. So happy to see your first post here on the SVR thread.

Yes, all of the balconies are screened in all sections, including those on the first floor. Not all villas have a back door, that varies by section. In general the 3 storey buildings all have a back staircase off of the patios, including a door out from the ground floor units. If I recall correctly there are no back exits on the taller buildings (Cascades and Lakes) or in 2-storey like Courts or Spas 2-storey, (but Spas 3-storey does have them); but memory may be a bit shaky on that. If I was guessing, it is a fire code requirement for the exits on the 3+ buildings, but those with elevators have multiple public staircases. Shorter (2S) buildings probably don't require the back exit.

Thank you for the reply and welcome! We booked directly through Sheraton so I'm not sure how much choice we will have in buildings. Do you know which buildings have the largest balconies?

Thank you for the reply and welcome! We booked directly through Sheraton so I'm not sure how much choice we will have in buildings. Do you know which buildings have the largest balconies?

For first timers I don't know that the section matters so much. They are all nice, but all a little different. You really need to visit the first time to decide which might be best for you. There are few recommendations throughout this thread, but they are generally all suited to particular tastes and wants.

All of the balconies are fairly large, accommodating a table and 2 to 4 chairs. In some sections it depends on the location of the particular unit within the building for the exact balcony size, so hard to suggest one section over another.

Love everyone's photo entries .

We are staying at SVR end of April . We just traded through RCI .
It will be our first time, it will also be our first time staying off property in YEARS. We always rent a car because I don't have patience for WDW transportation so that won't be any different . We are usually in the parks from open to close . So I don't think we really will spend much time in or at our room .
We do have one rest day .
I do have a few questions if anyone could answer :

We get in late (9:00) I like to stop and get a case of water and some fruit and such . Which store is my best option this late at night ? Walgreens has terrible fruit .

How far is there a Waffle House ?
My husband loves the Waffle House.

And my daughter and I love sweet tomatoes - how far is that ?

We will mostly eat in my the parks - and we will never cook in our room .
What other dining suggestions may you have ? Not really interested in the ones in the resort it's self .

We have a 2 bedroom checking in on a Friday . I don't mind noise from the pool, or the highway. When we do return at night we will be to tired for the pool . Not sure if I should even bother trying to request a specific room ? It maybe more important
For some one else.
I think close parking would be important for us and no stairs ?
Any suggestions ?

Really looking forward to this trip !
It will be my dd8 12th trip .
Excited to try off property .

Thank you !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter