The Running Thread - 2016

QOTD: The time has finally arrived, it's game week for college football fans across the country! Which team will you be cheering for this year?

The Ohio State University (yes, I know people hate the phrasing) and anyone playing Michigan. Michigan and Real Madrid are the worst, in my best Ron Burgundy voice, "It's science."

QOTD: What weather conditions would you consider to be a perfect day for a run?
55-60F Cloudy with a Light Breeze. I'll take anything between 45-70 as long as the humidity isn't high.

QOTD: A not so common thought that no one really wants to think about as a runner, but when or what type of event would it take for you to decide its time to hang up the ole running shoes?
I agree with the general consensus of injury.

QOTD: The time has finally arrived, it's game week for college football fans across the country! Which team will you be cheering for this year?
I went to a school without college football so I don't really care or root for any teams.

ATTQOTD: Fun Question of the Day. I love college football! We are huge Brigham Young fans. First game is against Arizona Wildcats this Saturday. We are having some families over to bbq and watch the game with us. :)

ATTQOTD: This year and every year, the LSU TIGERS!

Looking for a exciting match up this weekend against Wisconsin. The game is for 2:30 PM CST @ Lambeau Field with the bonus of Gameday airing from site for more hype. I wish I could make the trip, but it was not in the cards this year. Any Wisconsin fans making the trip?

While I am not a big football fan, I do root for my Alma mater Maryland. Go Terps!

Maryland alum cheering for the Terps here too! Tough games since we switched to the Big Ten conference. It is hard to catch games in New England, back when they were still ACC I could at least count on the BC games.

My second choice would be the UCF Knights, as I spent my first year of college there. And yes, it was entirely because I wanted to be closer to Disney ;)

Looking for a exciting match up this weekend against Wisconsin. The game is for 2:30 PM CST @ Lambeau Field with the bonus of Gameday airing from site for more hype. I wish I could make the trip, but it was not in the cards this year. Any Wisconsin fans making the trip?
On Wisconsin!

So excited for the start of college football I just love it. I actually will be at Lambeau just not watching the game I'll be working it. It's a sell out and should be around 80,000. I can't wait for Saturday!

ATTQOTD: Go Hokies!!! Can't wait to see Coach Fuente's impact on VT football after decades of Beamerball. (The difference between UVA and VT? At UVA you walk where Thomas Jefferson walked - at VT you walk where Frank Beamer walked).

Last edited:

On Wisconsin! My wife and I said years ago when the Lambeau game was announced that it was a can't miss event for us. Unfortunately, things didn't work out that way for us, but we'll definitely be watching at home. Hoping for a great game and hoping that Leonard Fournette can play since I've seen he's got a slight ankle sprain. But of course hoping that the Badgers can eek out this win. Then, LSU can go undefeated the rest of the season and win the national title (Wisconsin's schedule will probably prove too difficult for us without some major bounces our way). Go Badgers!

ATTQOTD: Sooooo excited! Already getting some trash talk from friends.

Stanford Cardinal! We have season tickets so we're going to try to make the game against Kansas State on Friday. And why does the USC game have to be the night before my half and on the night of Beyonce's concert?! Was there for "the biggest upset" and the triple overtime games. Also, I rep for the UCLA Bruins! Which always makes it fun when they play Stanford. Much trash talking even though Stanford seems to have their number. :P

Last edited:
On Wisconsin! My wife and I said years ago when the Lambeau game was announced that it was a can't miss event for us. Unfortunately, things didn't work out that way for us, but we'll definitely be watching at home. Hoping for a great game and hoping that Leonard Fournette can play since I've seen he's got a slight ankle sprain. But of course hoping that the Badgers can eek out this win. Then, LSU can go undefeated the rest of the season and win the national title (Wisconsin's schedule will probably prove too difficult for us without some major bounces our way). Go Badgers!
Not so fast, my friend.

Roll Tide!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter