• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Running Thread - 2016

QOTD: What weather conditions would you consider to be a perfect day for a run?

ATTQOTD: Early morning low of 40, slight wind from the north, partly cloudy, and RH% below 75%. Temps not exceeding 55 by the end of the run.

I am over summer, I want cold fronts, north winds, see temps starting out below 65 (Really 50) and a gumbo.

I am happy between 46 and 66 degrees with low humidity and low wind.

ATTQOTD: Early morning low of 40, slight wind from the north, partly cloudy, and RH% below 75%. Temps not exceeding 55 by the end of the run.

This sounds about perfect to me.

I am also over the 4am runs with the temp around 80 w/ 90% humidty. I have sweated more this summer then I can remember, and my wife agrees on this with the size of puddles my dripping clothes leave on the back porch.... Houston has set a record this summer for warmest avg nighttime temperature, and number of days it never dropped below 80 for a low.

I am so ready for college football and chili.

After this summer, 70's feels amazing!

But, ideally, somewhere near 60s, some clouds, light breeze, would be perfect!!

Any place to get a historical record of runDisney race temps? I'm now curious to know what the weather has been like for past PHMs,,,

ATTQOTD: I think 53 is the perfect temperature, but really I like anything between 40 and 60, low humidity, very light breeze, and absolutely no sun.

After this summer, 70's feels amazing!

But, ideally, somewhere near 60s, some clouds, light breeze, would be perfect!!

Any place to get a historical record of runDisney race temps? I'm now curious to know what the weather has been like for past PHMs,,,

All over the map - February is an unpredictable time in Florida for weather. The year of the Frozen theme, it almost (did?) snow in certain parts of the state. This year? It was hot - unbelievably hot. Almost in the 90s.

Anyone here a big Disney planner? I am putting the finishing touches on my plans prior to scheduling FP for our November trip, and was wondering if someone here would be interested in looking it over and making suggestions if I am overshooting with how much I can get done. On this trip it would be me, DW (who could be with child at that time), and DD3. Send me a PM if you are interested and I could e-mail you my excel doc. with the plans on it when I am done. TIA

Anyone here a big Disney planner? I am putting the finishing touches on my plans prior to scheduling FP for our November trip, and was wondering if someone here would be interested in looking it over and making suggestions if I am overshooting with how much I can get done. On this trip it would be me, DW (who could be with child at that time), and DD3. Send me a PM if you are interested and I could e-mail you my excel doc. with the plans on it when I am done. TIA

Duh.

In the lower 50s would be perfect. However, waiting around for long periods of time in cooler weather for the race to start in those temperatures is not perfect.

I think perfect weather for me would be somewhere in the mid 60s with the sun out and a breeze in the air. Wish I could order some of that weather just about now.

Actually I probably should append my answer to the QOTD.

My preferred temp really varies based on the type of run I am trying to do. 45-55 is probably my sweet spot for my fastest runs. If I'm just going out for a run with friends, somewhere in the 60s is probably a little bit better.

ATTQOTD: 65-70*, sunny-but-not-too-sunny-FL-December-strength-sun, fluffy passing clouds, air moving but no wind, 80-85% humidity. Yep, I'm Floridian through and through, lol! Cold, dry air destroys my lungs, so even though the rest of me might prefer cooler and drier, it's hard to run when I can't breathe.

ATTQOTD: As a general rule I add 20 degrees to the ambient temperature to determine the temp I'm experiencing during runs, so since I like to run in shorts and shorts weather (non-running) is 70 to 90 (over 90 and its indoors-in-the-AC weather), my perfect conditions are 50 to 70 degrees. Preferably with clouds and low humidity. And slightly downhill with a brisk tailwind - both ways. And maybe a cold beer and a nice foot massage (after showering) waiting for me at home...

In general, I have done the same as others: either set up runs with friends or registered for a race in the not too distant future. One other thing I sometimes do is create a reward. For example, I can only get Starbucks (or whatever your pleasure is) on days that I run.
I love this idea and need to start doing this. I am a Starbucks addict, and need to cut back (I don't go everyday, but still probably more than I should). I think telling myself I can only get it when I run would be beneficial in more ways than one. I actually did a treadmill run first thing this morning and got Starbucks after. :laughing:

Every year it gets so much tougher for in-state students, so I get it. My wife didn't get in out of high school (or at least didn't try because she didn't think she'd get in), did one year at Edgewood, and then transferred in no problem. She ended up being very successful at UW and ended up with a higher GPA than me by like 0.05. She STILL brings it up to this day (Kudos to her)... That was 8 years ago for me (Class of 2008). So, if you do decide after a year or so that you still want to go to Wisconsin the transfer program is much easier to get into then right out of high school. Enjoy college because it truly was some of the best years of my life and helped mold me into the person I am today. And you absolutely have to go to the basketball games. So much fun!

And what the what?!?! So many Marquette grads! @Barca33Runner @*DisneyDreamer Hope to see you guys out there in those Marquette Singlets some day! It's a really high quality singlet. I own the Wisconsin one.
:thumbsup2 to the bolded.

And what are these singlets you're referring to? What company makes them or where do you get them?

I am over summer, I want cold fronts, north winds, see temps starting out below 65 (Really 50) and a gumbo.
ATTQOTD: My ideal weather conditions for a run definitely include cloudiness over sun, and low humidity. In terms of temperature, I prefer the colder side, but can't really pinpoint a specific temperature, since it depends on the other conditions. For example, if it's in the 70s but totally cloudy, then that's fine, but 70s and full-on sun starts to be warmer than I prefer. But overall I agree with temps around 40-50 being pretty good, and I'm okay with it even lower than that (as long as no snow is involved). I actually did a 7K back in March when it was in the 30s, and while the waiting around before was cold, once I got started it was great. I finished that race with my best overall pace I've had recently.

Weather around here isn't as unrelenting as down south, but I'm definitely ready for cold fronts and winds too. We got our first taste of it this past weekend and it was great. Fall is my favorite season and I look forward to it every year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter