The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

Looks like we're going to get our own private security entrance into Downtown Disney!

https://mickeyvisit.com/disneyland-...2gLNgHxCJXBVu9CFqsD-XDPluSXPqN4qQGajM5wI0J8ul
This is just security entrance into Downtown Disney though yes? The article was confusing with this:
"Both the Pixar Place Hotel and Disney's Grand Californian Hotel already have private entrances to Disney California Adventure. Now, the Disneyland Hotel will have this same perk. At other checkpoints, they don't ask for your hotel key. I wonder if they will ask for your hotel key to access this entrance and how this new entrance will coexist with the access road that runs between Downtown Disney and the Disneyland Hotel."

I don't think anything is changing in terms of private entrances at least for a long time. In theory eventually there might be back entrances into Disneyland and/or DCA from DL Hotel.

Yes a bit confusing, hopefully more clarity soon. My interpretation was DLH will get its own security entrance into downtown Disney, rather than sharing it with visitors who park and walk. There’s also mention of eventually getting a new restaurant in the steakhouse 55 spot.

Last edited:
Yes a bit confusing, hopefully more clarity soon. My interpretation was DLH will get its own security entrance into downtown Disney, rather than sharing it with visitors who park and walk. There’s also mention of eventually getting a new restaurant in the steakhouse 55 spot.
I wish they would allow Hotel guests through security like 15 mins before off site guests. By the time I hoof it to the Esplanade from Disneyland Hotel, those cheap hotel peeps from Harbor are already in. No bueno. Tee hee.

I wish they would allow Hotel guests through security like 15 mins before off site guests. By the time I hoof it to the Esplanade from Disneyland Hotel, those cheap hotel peeps from Harbor are already in. No bueno. Tee hee.
It's fairly disheartening for them though, when the hotel guests get to go to rides early for early entry, and they are standing in a line in the park.

They need to do something, the lines at security and to get into the park can seriously negate the 30 min early entry advantage. More so at DL than DCA though.

Disneyland Forward passed it's final vote earlier tonight and will go into effect in 30 days!
Awesome! Going to be a long road before we see the parks build up around Disneyland Hotel....but it will be fun!

Did you happen to dial into the meeting? I read where someone or some residents were going to object to the taking over of Magic Way. Assuming Disney got everything approved including the roads.

Awesome! Going to be a long road before we see the parks build up around Disneyland Hotel....but it will be fun!

Did you happen to dial into the meeting? I read where someone or some residents were going to object to the taking over of Magic Way. Assuming Disney got everything approved including the roads.
Everything got approved. There will always be some residents who are against anything. Throughout the several year process they altered the plan a few times to appease the majority of people

Just bought VDH today and glad to find this post. It seems the # of 1 BRs is quite small. Are they hard to book so far?
Also small amount of 2 and 3 bedrooms. We've not had a problem getting what we wanted at 11 months so far.
But yes.. I feel like they should have more 1-3 bedrooms. Time will tell if they were correct or if the larger rooms become crazy popular/hard to book. I will say the TOT make some people pause before booking them though haha. :-).
WELCOME HOME! Woo Hoo! Have you stayed there or toured yet? We love it!

Just bought VDH today and glad to find this post. It seems the # of 1 BRs is quite small. Are they hard to book so far?
Welcome Home!! You’ll love it! Don’t let the haters get you down!

We haven’t had any problems booking 1 or 2 BR at 11 months.

Also small amount of 2 and 3 bedrooms. We've not had a problem getting what we wanted at 11 months so far.
But yes.. I feel like they should have more 1-3 bedrooms. Time will tell if they were correct or if the larger rooms become crazy popular/hard to book. I will say the TOT make some people pause before booking them though haha. :-).
WELCOME HOME! Woo Hoo! Have you stayed there or toured yet? We love it!
Thanks! Haven't been there yet but looking forward to it.

Where can I see how many 1-3 BRs VGC has in comparison?

Thanks! Haven't been there yet but looking forward to it.

Where can I see how many 1-3 BRs VGC has in comparison?
VGC has:
23 2 bedroom dedicated
23 1 bedroom
2 grand villas
But that’s for a totally potential of 71 units for the resort so for example 32% are dedicated 2 bedrooms.

VDH by comparison has:
20 2 bedroom dedicated
19 1 bedroom
2 grand villas
…. But for a resort that is 344 max units so only less than 6% are dedicated 2 bedrooms

VGC has:
23 2 bedroom dedicated
23 1 bedroom
2 grand villas
But that’s for a totally potential of 71 units for the resort so for example 32% are dedicated 2 bedrooms.

VDH by comparison has:
20 2 bedroom dedicated
19 1 bedroom
2 grand villas
…. But for a resort that is 344 max units so only less than 6% are dedicated 2 bedrooms
Thanks for this info! I’m going to assume that with the 11 month booking priority I should be OK with getting larger rooms but time will tell.

It seems most members want to book studios quicker than larger rooms. Also, like you said, hopefully people will shy away from the T.O.T. a little bit, creating more availability for larger rooms when people want them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter