The October 2015 Live Trip Reports!

Tiggerdad..... you are a man with a cold heart. Teasing all of us still at home and work with your open invitation for fun, food and friends.

Me too Steve.

I thought to myself, "I got a bag of chips around here some where..."

But then I said to myself, "Oh wait....." :headache:

Bama Ed

Jets70, the squirrels have a full gallon container of corn sitting on the edge of the concrete pad. They have full food invite from arrival time until I leave. (Do you think me suicidal? Even I'm not crazy enough to leave them out of the picture)

Arielsfanmom,
Glad you made it in safe and sound. I'll be around to visit with you guys or if you happen by and the golfcart is here stop and say hello. You got dinner plans for the 11th? If not, come on over and join us. Would love to meet you guys.

In regards to the canal behind 700, 800, and 900 loop. Here are some pics of that area. You previously saw the picture looking down the canal with bench at the end of the clearing.
IMG_0001.JPG
The 900 loop is to the right in that picture.
Here is the bench a bit closer up. That's 800 loop you see in the background.
IMG_0009.JPG

This is looking left from that bench photo showing the canal. The cars you see are the parking area for the primitive campsites. This morning that area was slam full of tents, but they were surprisingly quiet.
IMG_0014.JPG

This picture is just a little to the right of the above picture and zoomed out a little showing the woods to the right of the canal
IMG_0010.JPG

This picture is with me with my back to those cars you saw earlier. The primitive camping area is directly behind me
IMG_0015.JPG

I had to go through a field inspection as apparently this one wasn't familiar with me...
IMG_0006.JPG

I got past that one, but then this one showed up and he was a bit more fierce.
IMG_0012.JPG

I didn't bring any corn with me so I was forced to leave my wallet and was run back to the camper. I'll try tomorrow to make a peace offering and maybe get my credit cards back before he maxes them out on peanuts and trail mix.

Gonna get up and make rope drop at MK in the morning. Since we are doing the get together tomorrow evening we'll start the day early and get the park stuff out of the way.

Last edited:
serenity, I look just like your son stretched out in the car whenever I eat at a Golden Corral. Tell him it's part of the experience.

Bama Ed

Heading to DTD for some adult drinks. Happy Birthday serenitygr!
Yellowstonetim, we are a few sites down from you in the tent, will stop in and say high when we see you out.

Safe travels serenia.

OK, we rolled into Ocala around 0230 this morning. We stopped at the Marion rest area there. I highly recommend it if you are just looking for a place to walk the dog or stretch the legs. It has 3 parking areas. The first is for big rigs and was slam full. The second lot is for cars and trucks, and the back lot is for us campers and trucks with trailers. Had plenty of room and well lit up place with security on duty. We hopped back in the camper and napped for about 4 hours. Got up around 0645 and got back on the "Crazy Train" of I-75 south.

Randy, got all the way here with about a half a truck tank of fuel left. I did put some more in it in Wildwood just to make sure I had enough for running around. We rolled into the Fort at 0830.
View attachment 127774

Ed, you notice the blurring is better this go around. I only had about 4 Mountain Dews on the way down instead of the usual case of 12.

In the September live report we saw a new guard shack being built at the entrance. Well, here is the new look. Minus the old guard shack.
View attachment 127775

That's the new one on the left and the old one was straight in front. We had to go inside to check-in this morning.
View attachment 127782
I had requested 1100 loop and was told that my site was not ready yet. I asked what was available and was told 918 and 920 were ready to go. So I took 920, inside loop and backing to my left so easier to get into. Had no trouble getting in. Place is pretty full this morning.

I did run over the 1600 loop first thing and met up with YellowstoneTim before he pulled out. Very nice man. Hey Tim, congratulations on the "future son-in-law". Sounds like you had a great time here this week. Be safe on your travels back to Pennsylvania.

Just down from Tim was Snowmedic. I dropped off a little gift with them (Vince, I came back by and left that 30amp plug I told you about beside your stove). He also gave me a bottle of Canada's finest maple syrup. It will go to good use this week at breakfast.

We got the golfcart picked up and done. Kenny was easy to deal with as usual. Then the decorating began...
View attachment 127776
View attachment 127783
View attachment 127777
The rest of the site and some views around it.
View attachment 127778
View attachment 127779

We had some early guests this morning
View attachment 127780

You guys remember how I have the fear of opening the electrical panels due to multiple wasp stings over the years? Well, they weren't on the panel, they were on the palm directly over the panel...
View attachment 127781

Well, fixing to go looping around and see if I can find any of you guys. We go reservations at Trail's End at 1830 this evening.

Home in PA from my first 9 nights. It was great to meet you Snowmedic and Tiggerdad! And yes, we had a great time and our daughter is now engaged. I fully intended to give live reports, but was hopping everyday on our son's full schedule. Also didn't get to explore the Fort much but will next trip.

Before Snowmedic and Tiggerdad arrived I also got to meet Uruguayo21 and family. It was great meeting all of you.

I will give some more info tomorrow and thanks to all that provided info to make our trip so wonderful.

Last edited:

After a very long drive, we made it to the Fort late last night. Went to bed around 1:30. And why am I up at 7:11 AM? I find it increasingly difficult to sleep past 7 most days. So here I am, sitting on the deck of our cabin (#2870), listening to the sounds of Fort Wilderness waking up: the busses, the occasional boat toot and back up beepers from golf carts. I am so happy to be here, though. The cabin isn't anything I requested...apparently they are full and there was nothing else available. But we will only be here for 4 nights :( and it's very nice. It is an ADA-compliant cabin (which we do not require) and has not been updated as yet...Looking forward to picking up our golf cart and looping later on today. We do have FP+ for AK later, but we will probably only do 2 out of the 3...DD is not big on Kali River Rapids.

image.jpg
Sirenia88, been by your place twice and nobody home. We'll cross paths at some point.

Looks like Sunday evening is a go for a dinner meet and greet at site 920. Seems Serenitgr and Snowmedic are free the same evening so we're gonna throw together some taco soup and have a big invite eating. Sirenia88, Benjyt, and any others who are here right now and I haven't met you guys are invited as well. We plan on being back from the MK around 5 so we'll plan on eating around 6-7pm so come on over. If anybody has any extra Fritos I could use another bag, otherwise I got plenty of tea, coke, mountain dew, diet DP, water, or Capri Suns so come on over. Let me know online or stop by this evening. We're staying around the site this evening except for some sporatic looping.

Sounds like a great meet up sorry we are missing it, won't be there til Halloween. But tiggerdad I heard there was someone looking for an early trick or treat at your site!

So, I am a bit unhappy right now. I was told that there would be NO problem picking up my golf cart early. Yeah, that was not true. Walked up there this morning and got some spiel about the weekend being sold out, etc. Then walked back, took a bus to the Trading Post. No problem there, but the wait for a return bus was LONG. Of course, part of that is my fault. I should have gotten on the bus that was there when I got to the bus stop. This is from the woman who tells everyone else which bus they should be riding. Total Brain Fart. To top it all off, no one in my cabin is awake! Wow. How can they sleep so late??? Guess I'll go make breakfast. That will wake their dead butts up.

Today is our Fort day. will be hanging around all day swimming, looping and doing some other activities with the family. Been looking through this live report and noticed I was lacking in the picture department, so here are some from the first week.
Love all the blowups in this site over in 1700.

oct. 11 004copy.jpg

They are in the process of changing out the trash cans. I thought they had them all done, but while looping I noticed some areas that still have the older cans.
oct. 11 028copy.jpg

Here are some turkeys that went walking by our site this morning. The youngest gets so excited when she sees wild animals.

oct. 11 026copy.jpg

The rapid refill cups from Meadows pool

oct. 11 029copy.jpg

They cost 18.10, I believe that is what I paid with tax. They are a length of stay purchase, and Disney believes that no one must stay longer than 14 days 'cause that is how long you can use them for. I asked about having them reactivated on future trips and paying for it, and they said no, have to buy another.

Mickey pancakes on the griddle with sausage for breakfast. Bought the mold at DTD a few nights ago.

oct. 11 027copy.jpg

And what would pancakes be without real Vermont maple syrup. :worship:

oct. 11 030copy.jpg

And lets not forget about the gator in the canal.

oct. 11 022copy.jpg

Just kidding. That is a gator that we saw when we went over to Cocoa Beach the other day.
That is all for now more to come later.

Just kidding. That is a gator that we saw when we went over to Cocoa Beach the other day.
Glad you clarified the gator pic. You would have had some very nervous future Fort campers otherwise.

And I'm interested in how they limit the drink cups now. I know that is one of the "hot topics" on here. Fascinating if they have put chips in them and the fountains. They couldn't be losing that much soda... Or maybe they were.

j

And I'm interested in how they limit the drink cups now.

When I bought my cup and the CM activated it, she didn't ask for my magic band or anything. I asked her how long she knew I was going to be here, and she then asked and I told her and she said I was good. I will post a pic of the fountain at the meadows. The soda will not dispense without cup on the tray, I did notice people filling paper cups bought at the snack bar with the same fountain. Chip in the paper cups now, not sure. :confused3

The refill cups will allow you to get a refill every 2 minutes. :drinking1 and the screen will show you when your next refill is in case you cant wait. Pics coming soon.

Glad you clarified the gator pic. You would have had some very nervous future Fort campers otherwise.

And I'm interested in how they limit the drink cups now. I know that is one of the "hot topics" on here. Fascinating if they have put chips in them and the fountains. They couldn't be losing that much soda... Or maybe they were.

j

My understanding is that the cups DO have a chip in the bottom, and when you buy one they activate it for however long you'll be here. The fountain "reads" that chip, and sometimes even shows the date the cup can no longer be filled.

Thanks Snowmedic and Serenitygr.

I don't want to turn this into a refill cup thread. It amazes me that old ups or cups from other resorts was a big enough problem to warrant the expense of the system. And "every 2 minutes" seems laughable. That's a serious soda addiction. :crazy2:

Thanks for all the pics and the meet and greet reports. That's some of the best things about the Fort and DIS. I've met several Dis'ers at the Fort. Always fun.

You all are really making it hard to decide about vacation next year. I had almost decided on a double trip next summer. A week in the Sarasota area and a week at WDW, but I just had to replace my 100 year old water line and I'm getting a roof in a few weeks. So the 115 year old house wins out over one of those weeks.

j

When I bought my cup and the CM activated it, she didn't ask for my magic band or anything. I asked her how long she knew I was going to be here, and she then asked and I told her and she said I was good. I will post a pic of the fountain at the meadows. The soda will not dispense without cup on the tray, I did notice people filling paper cups bought at the snack bar with the same fountain. Chip in the paper cups now, not sure. :confused3

The refill cups will allow you to get a refill every 2 minutes. :drinking1 and the screen will show you when your next refill is in case you cant wait. Pics coming soon.

There are chips in the paper snack bar cups. If you look at the bottom you will see it. If I remember correctly, you can only refill the cups so many times in like a hours time and then it no longer works. That same display will tell you how many refills you have left on that cup.

snowmedic, those are some great pictures.

Bama Ed

I told you guys that the trail leading from Creekside Meadow came out right across from my site. I showed you a picture of it Friday and it was full. Well, this morning they must have been pulling out as there was a lot of racket over in that area as we were leaving out. This evening they are all gone. This allowed me a chance to take some pictures and show it off to those of you who have never seen it. It has about 4-5 areas that have four benches surrounding fire pits, about 6 picnic tables and at least 3-4 large double sided grills.
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0017.JPG

Some of the rental tents were still up...

IMG_0006 (2).JPG

There is a volleyball court, basketball, and other open areas for kids to play...

IMG_0015 (2).JPG

and there is one comfort station for this area as well. That is the 2000 loop you see the campers on in the background.

IMG_0023.JPG

Sadly, the previous occupants were not very much on cleaning up...

IMG_0009 (2).JPG

IMG_0018.JPG
IMG_0026.JPG
IMG_0031.JPG

Well, gotta get the place cleaned up since we are expecting company this evening...Here's what you guys are missing...

IMG_0059 (2).JPG

More to come...

You just have to forgive my "Education posting" but I like to show people stuff that they may not have seen before because they may have been staying on sites on the other side of the property.

Tiggerdad & Family, So glad you have made the Fort with no problems!! I love your site & the outside kitchen. Arriving in 84 long days!! (01/03/16. Don't worry Tiggerdad, I will have plenty of peanuts for your squirrels> Keep the report coming when you have the time - really enjoy them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter