The drones are coming, SSR gets a fence

They added fencing by Grand Floridian for safety from alligators, although it's my understanding they are VERY VERY serious about patrolling for alligators near the resorts now... if they had concerns about both of those, I could see a fence going up. Fences in Florida are not insanely expensive to install, but once in, are a significant upkeep expense.

They added fencing by Grand Floridian for safety from alligators, although it's my understanding they are VERY VERY serious about patrolling for alligators near the resorts now... if they had concerns about both of those, I could see a fence going up. Fences in Florida are not insanely expensive to install, but once in, are a significant upkeep expense.

Yeah, but they've had years to add that to SSR (and the others like PO for that matter). This is for the drones. I guess they think people are careless enough to walk off the edge.

Yeah, but they've had years to add that to SSR (and the others like PO for that matter). This is for the drones. I guess they think people are careless enough to walk off the edge.
It might even be hard to see the edge at night, especially when you’re looking up at the drones. And I can think that kids might want to run toward the show rather than staying farther away from the edge. I’m sure Disney doesn’t want to take any chances at all of a repeat of that tragedy.

It might even be hard to see the edge at night, especially when you’re looking up at the drones. And I can think that kids might want to run toward the show rather than staying farther away from the edge. I’m sure Disney doesn’t want to take any chances at all of a repeat of that tragedy.

Yeah, I'm sure too. It's not a beach though like PVB or VGF. So, I wouldn't expect people to go past the sidewalk and plants. That's a gorgeous sidewalk area.

But nevertheless, Disney is expecting it. I don't have a problem with the fence. I just thought it was interesting.

Drones are just more value add for SSR owners.

It’s a good move. A party could be distracted looking up and not even notice someone right in front of them is in trouble in the water. With young children running around why take the chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter