"That’s not how the Force works!" - January 2017 Rebel Challenge + More! 3/14 Complete

Mothers!!! Lol!

I know right!
:scared1:

One time we took my mom out to dinner and as we were parting ways at the end of the evening she was like "so you guys didn't have anything important to announce?" And when I got to the bottom of it she thought I was going to tell her I was pregnant. We are NOT trying... a mother's wishful thinking... :laughing::laughing::laughing:

My mother knows that my husband and I are not going to have children as it would involve IVF to make it happen. She's special. Glad to know other mothers are the same way!

Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one that has happened to! I once wore a LuLaRoe shirt dress over leggings that was probably one size too big. And my mom asked what I was hiding and got very excited. I never wore that shirt again. :(

That's actually one of the reasons I don't wear the LuLaRoe shirts as I find them to be too big - I stick to wearing the Madisons and Maxis though and go for a more form fitting top - I have 1 Randy and 1 Classic T but they don't get worn with LuLaRoe bottoms. I don't have the body for a Julia.

I would wear the shirt if you like it still - just avoid your mother in it!

I Never Said I Was Sane

As we had accomplished all the rides we felt like wanted to get done, we felt like calling it a day. We headed out of Disneyland and walked back towards the hotel where we discussed what we wanted for lunch. My husband asked for Tortilla Jo’s since he missed our dinner reservation on Tuesday when he fell asleep. On our way to Tortilla Jo’s, I passed @franandaj on their way into the park with a VIP guide for their day of fun with their friends! I gave her a quick hug before heading towards lunch. At least I finally ran into her at her home park rather than running into her at my home park!

We had no problems walking to Tortilla Jo’s for lunch without a reservation. We were quickly sat in a corner booth and didn’t have to wait long for our server to stop by and take our order. My husband was really happy with his shredded chicken burrito. I went with the exact same thing as I had on Tuesday - my chicken quesadilla and it was just as good now as it was then! Don’t fix what isn’t broke, especially the day before a race! Not a day either of us are going to eat something that is new to us.

AgVTLFl.jpg

Shredded Chicken - Refried Beans, Monterey Jack Cheese topped with Salsa Verde and served with Mexican Red Rice, Pico de Gallo and Sour Cream

SHC6h4B.jpg

Quesadilla Traditional - Fresh Corn Masa Filled with Monterey Jack Cheese Filled with Grilled Chicken topped with Shredded Lettuce and Cotija Cheese

We decided we were going to see a movie so while we were eating lunch, we saw that the movie we wanted to see started a little after 1PM so we had time to go back to the room and relax. Hopefully my running "stick" I left in the bed didn't give her weird thoughts about us.

6cCLfH6.jpg

Room

A little before 1PM, we headed back to DTD to buy our tickets and get our candy as you can’t go to a movie and not have a snack! We had decided against popcorn as we were still pretty full from lunch and we knew we had dinner at 5:00PM!

YLb8gt8.jpg

Candy

So, what movie did we see? Patriot’s Day. Some people thought that it was strange for us to see a movie about the Boston Marathon Bombing when the next two mornings we would be running our own races. We didn’t think it was though! We liked how it was a story about the strength of Boston (my husband grew up about an hour south of Boston and I went to school an hour west) I get why Betsy will never see it though as she lived through it. We were two of four people in the theatre that afternoon! We thought it was a great way to save our legs and still do something at least!

ZFUD2JD.jpg

Movie

After the movie, we headed to the Expo for a couple reasons. My husband wanted to see if anyone had returned their Pre-Sale Jacket as he wanted one and to pick up KT Tape for me since I was getting a new pain in my glute. My husband was told that any extra jackets would be on sale on Sunday at the RunDisney Merchandise Tent. At the KT Tape Booth, they wouldn’t tape me as well, I would have mooned everyone. They just sent me to the website and told me to have someone else do it for me. Luckily my husband was with me and was volunitold for the job.

pmOu4NG.jpg

K2 is my spirit robot

75at7iR.jpg

8iZSi2U.jpg

Black Sparkly KT Tape in Hand we headed back to the room until it was time for dinner!​

Yay for my cameo!

Wow! On the mom and pregnancy thing! I'm glad my mom gave up on grandkids from my side of the family!

We just ate at TJs last night! I was tempted to try one of those burritos, but stayed safe with a taco and enchilada. Sounds like a mellow day, which is good since you have a race coming up!

Tortilla Jo's looks great. I don't know if we can fit it in on our upcoming (first!) Disneyland trip. Right now it's my backup for Cove Bar in case the line is too insane. We do love guacamole though and your entrees look tasty!

The movies was a great idea. It's a nice way to stay off your feet and still be entertained!

I am in suspense over the rundisney merch hunting. Will hubby get his jacket? Will the sparkly black KT tape find a home? (Just kidding on the second one). Can't wait to read more!

Yay for my cameo!

Wow! On the mom and pregnancy thing! I'm glad my mom gave up on grandkids from my side of the family!

We just ate at TJs last night! I was tempted to try one of those burritos, but stayed safe with a taco and enchilada. Sounds like a mellow day, which is good since you have a race coming up!

My mother knows grandkids aren't in the picture but she has been um, special since December. We go to Disney next weekend together so it will be interesting given her current state. That dining report will end up interesting I'm sure!

I may end up at TJs or Naples again on Feb 21st or 23rd. I have to go to Orange County for work the 21st to 24th for training that Wednesday & Thursday. I'll need to get my Disney Fix in somehow even if its just Downtown Disney but I still have to keep the money in check since it will paid for by work so sadly no Steakhouse 55. (I'm waiting until this training in completed because if I have to travel to SoCal as much as I think I might this calendar year - I'm totally changing my pass to the Premier)

We like our mellow days. We kept Friday and Sunday pretty mellow. Saturday we did stuff but it also kept us off our feet for most of it!

Tortilla Jo's looks great. I don't know if we can fit it in on our upcoming (first!) Disneyland trip. Right now it's my backup for Cove Bar in case the line is too insane. We do love guacamole though and your entrees look tasty!

The movies was a great idea. It's a nice way to stay off your feet and still be entertained!

I am in suspense over the rundisney merch hunting. Will hubby get his jacket? Will the sparkly black KT tape find a home? (Just kidding on the second one). Can't wait to read more!

I haven't ever made it into Cove Bar despite all my trips to California now! One of these days I'll get there! Tortilla Jo's is nice as it never seems to be too crazy.

With Splitsville opening by next year's trip, that will also be our option for having fun!

I will spoil the sparkly black KT tape. It totally made it onto my left bum check and it helped keep that pain in check!

Our Friday Tradition

A little after 4:30PM, we left the room to brave the cooler weather and head towards dinner. We weren’t overly hungry but we knew that this was the time we needed to eat dinner before the races. This is also the day we like to carb load before the half marathon. They had moved the check-in for the restaurant to the outside and it seemed they had finally learned from previous years and they had added a ton of temporary outdoor tables to handle the influx of runners that love carbs. We were given an option to sit outside when we checked in, which I promptly declined as I wanted to be sheltered from the cool weather. We were told to head to the 2nd floor and were sat next to the windows at a two top.

I ordered a liter of water to make sure I was properly hydrated and my husband had diet coke.

4YspVeT.jpg

Bread & Liter of Water

My husband had gotten the exact same dish every year here. This year was no different. He loves this dish as it hits all his favorite flavors - cheese, chicken, pasta and broccoli. He says I can make a better dish than this but it is safe. He ‘fixes’ it with salt and pepper which is easy enough. They did double the seating capacity of their restaurant temporarily it seemed!

Zau1vFI.jpg

Garganelli - Quill Shaped Pasta, Broccoli, Chicken, Cream, Chili Flakes, Parmesan

I went with pizza with prosciutto. I kinda had to laugh when the waiter let me know the prosciutto would be cold on top. I wanted to be like, ‘duh’ why ruin good prosciutto, but I behaved! I loved this pizza. Perfect size to fill me up!

fxZXWlw.jpg

10” Classic Neapolitan w/ Prosciutto

We headed back to the room and I laid out my outfit for the next day. My husband did the same. We watched something mind numbing on the tv until we were asleep before 7:30PM!

gjiZZhm.jpg

10K Outfit Laid Out

For some reason I thought you had Napa Rose this night. Naples majes more sense. I would offer to come out and have some beverages on your February visits, bit it's so close to our Fantasy cruise, we'll be getting ready. If you do end up traveling for business thus year we should actually meet up for more than just a "hi and bye!"

Well....look what I found and of course if I want ideas about food from someone who knows...:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

For some reason I thought you had Napa Rose this night. Naples majes more sense. I would offer to come out and have some beverages on your February visits, bit it's so close to our Fantasy cruise, we'll be getting ready. If you do end up traveling for business thus year we should actually meet up for more than just a "hi and bye!"

Napa Rose is for after the races! I want to be able to eat whatever I want when I go there. I totally get prepping for your Fantasy Cruise! My trip is going to be busy as well. I get in Tuesday afternoon - have to visit a supplier in Whittier then I get to pick what I want for Dinner and then I'm in Costa Mesa Wednesday & Thursday for training. Friday morning I'm not 100% sure what I"m doing - possibly visiting a supplier or just enjoying my morning.

Well....look what I found and of course if I want ideas about food from someone who knows...:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Welcome! Lots of food in this! No more park time though - at least not at Disneyland!

Star Wars 10K - Start

One of the reasons I love Disneyland Races over WDW Races is the fact that I get to wake up at 3:30AM instead of 2:30AM to go run! I realize it isn’t much of a difference when it is that early in the morning but for me, its enough! The time difference between the West Coast & East Coast also helps here. My husband woke up about 10 minutes after I did.

hkPW61n.jpg

Husband Pre-Race

AiW1Brz.jpg

Dis_Yoda Pre-Race

He wasn’t heading to the corrals yet so I left him behind and headed to the corrals in my poncho for warmth as I was going to be in the front! Well, he left moments later and met up with me. He got a photo of my awesome poncho!

CfVHoy1.jpg

u7ABlWu.jpg

And then the corrals opened. I gave him a kiss and he headed towards A and I headed to E to hang out while until the start of the race. I chatted with some random people like usual and passed the time. After 5:30AM and Corral A & B went off - we finally were slowly lead towards the start line. We got here the announcer’s beat boxing like Yoda and other Star Wars characters.

WgB2JEj.jpg

At the front!

JyVaVkr.jpg

Start Line

The race started alright for me! I felt fine and was able to keep my intervals going well.

cz1xQhH.jpg

Mile 1

Excuse my horrible photos!

4xEUuRk.jpg

C3PO

I just love how pretty Paradise Pier is in the morning.

bYm9emk.jpg

Paradise Pier

PtL7fBk.jpg

Paradise Pier Selfie

This annoyed me. There were like 15 of these signs on the course. Do you really think that people running a Star Wars race aren’t aware they can own the DVDs by now?

koaXHWh.jpg

No, I didn’t know I could own the Star Wars DVDS - I totally needed to be told over a dozen times DIsney

Q6QTOxJ.jpg

Tie Fighter Wing

My awful Photopass photos!

QVfcJFD.jpg

No, I didn’t See You Mr. Photopass

WeDnhwz.jpg

Marquee

Around this marquee, I ran into @kristie101 with her daughter while they were running. It was nice to finally put a face to the name!

PnBT1RV.jpg

Mile 2

vouWDQU.jpg
QhNU0Ht.jpg

Mile 3

The line for BB8 was long!

BCXCyAA.jpg
3YmK72W.jpg

Bad BB8 Photo

Around the time I saw BB8, my husband had texted me as he was already finished and back in the room. I checked my phone to respond to him and started texted him back. I got to then deal with a jerk who was like “that must be really important” I mean, seriously? I was catty back to him as well, my husband is important enough - I’m not running Disney to break records anyway.​

Star Wars 10K - Finish

After the 5K mark, we headed into DIsneyland for the second half of the race. They had Kylo Ren out in Tomorrowland!

ZZ7QyUj.jpg

Kylo Ren

HcPD7F3.jpg

Stormtroopers

6URLyEu.jpg

Running by Small World

BL6fgTL.jpg

Mile 4

Going through the castle was also nice!

kzLVDEW.jpg

Castle

I stopped for 1 photo. A cast member took this for me since there wasn’t a photopass person around.

wKF4Kbz.jpg

I pushed the Red Button

f79q6Fs.jpg

Captain Phasma

IvP4UVu.jpg

Train Station

And then we were done with the parks!

Euvr3BL.jpg

Mile 5

4I4GsPb.jpg

Mile 6

After Mile 6, two of my friends from these boards were passing me. I ended up finishing the race with them!

My husband was on the sidelines when I passed by Disneyland Hotel to cheer me on. It was a nice energy boost to see him there!

x7xRKmR.jpg

Finish

So looking at my watch for the finish versus my official results. I’m not sure how to judge this race. I know I weaved more than usual but did I really gain 2 miles in a 6.2 mile race? My Garmin has usually been pretty dead on though. Oh well! Who knows?

I headed back to the room to get cleaned up and enjoy my snack box while I soaked in the tub. There is no better way to enjoy post race!

oXE1Ed5.jpg

Snack Box

OK7m496.jpg

Snack Box Enjoyment Set Up

That's a great pace! Love the photo pass pic! I really need to get to DL! I also really need to watch star wars. I've never seen one and don't know the characters. That's awesome you finished with friends! Great race!

I'm glad you were happy with the race and the second Photopass Photo came out real nice. What a jerk to say something to you about being on your phone. It's your race and your business, why should he care what you're doing?

My trip is going to be busy as well. I get in Tuesday afternoon - have to visit a supplier in Whittier then I get to pick what I want for Dinner and then I'm in Costa Mesa Wednesday & Thursday for training. Friday morning I'm not 100% sure what I"m doing - possibly visiting a supplier or just enjoying my morning.

Yeah, Tuesday will be my last "normal" day. Wednesday I'll get out the suitcases and start packing the "non-clothes" items and Thursday will be packing up the clothes and putting the suitcases in the car. Friday it's asta la vista baby!

That's a great pace! Love the photo pass pic! I really need to get to DL! I also really need to watch star wars. I've never seen one and don't know the characters. That's awesome you finished with friends! Great race!

There is a major difference between my pace and Disney official pace. I'm sure the true pace was somewhere in between. When I went through the map in detail on Garmin - I can see about .25 miles that wasn't real as it looks like I ran into a building and back but outside of that everything looks dead on. I was happy to finish with friends! It was a nice change since usually I'm finishing on my own!

You've never seen Star Wars? I'm not sure we can be friends anymore ;) (kidding...kinda)

I'm glad you were happy with the race and the second Photopass Photo came out real nice. What a jerk to say something to you about being on your phone. It's your race and your business, why should he care what you're doing?

I'm glad I had one good race this weekend! There are always jerks during races - either people mad about the walkers, corral jumpers, people with strange rules on others. I try not to let it bother me - my snark totally came out during the half though as I had zero tolerance for crap that day!

Yeah, Tuesday will be my last "normal" day. Wednesday I'll get out the suitcases and start packing the "non-clothes" items and Thursday will be packing up the clothes and putting the suitcases in the car. Friday it's asta la vista baby!

Knowing what I have going on this week before WDW then getting home for a day before leaving for California - I actually packed everything but my bras (normal and sports) for both trips! As I only own 2 running sports bra that I can get off of me without someone else (although its a sight to see as its still difficult), I have to do gym laundry Tuesday and Monday. I mean I love my mother but I don't think I can ask her to remove my sports bra from me post run on Saturday - I'm a bit beyond that stage in life!

I also pre-wrote my next 6 installments so I can at least keep up with posting over the next two weeks - especially since when I get back from WDW - I need to get that report going.

Have a wonderful vacation! Enjoy the Fantasy!

Warner Brothers Studio Tour - Outside Lots

Betsy had agreed to meet us around 9:45AM to leave DIsneyland and head to Warner Brothers Studio where we had a Studio Tour set up for 12:00PM! My husband and I headed to the lounge a little bit early so that we could get breakfast and a tea/hot chocolate while we waited for her. We ended up leaving a little after 10AM as Betsy had to get her knee taped up from the KT Tape booth!

zhbCBFh.jpg
u0QrcZI.jpg
8j3aKGd.jpg

Star Wars Lounge

I made the mistake of 100% trusting the gps on my phone on the way there. This ended up we kept going on a different highway every few miles and thus made for a very active and engaging ride because of having to be alert a ton because of all the merging. Imagine how annoyed I was when the 2nd to last highway we got onto was the same highway we started on. We parked and headed inside to check in. We still had about 40 minutes until our tour started so after we checked in, Betsy and I went to to the Starbucks onsite where I got a Mozzarella String Cheese and she got something to eat and a drink. I was happy to get that cheese as it would be the closest to ‘lunch’ I was going to get.

CPycawD.jpg

5LGNodY.jpg

UBQi9P2.jpg

5nKYxiE.jpg

Right at noon, we were let into a theater to watch about the initial history of Warner Brothers and then were split up into various groups for the studio portion of the tour.

uCRqr57.jpg

The tour started going through their Small Town set. This is the set that was most recently used for the final season of Pretty Little Liars but it is also the set that was used for Gilmore Girls, Hart of Dixie, Drew Carey Show, and loads of other shows!

They were actually working on reshoots for the 2nd Guardians of the Galaxy movie so we saw the stars trailers as we passed by!

u14Pf6i.jpg

Xeo3z5M.jpg

Who recognizes this gazebo?

a57PSoc.jpg

LHHbflD.jpg

The Diner

QoUwCk5.jpg

8R65Nuu.jpg

iDDScj4.jpg

Friend’s Prom Staircase!

Y8SheFn.jpg

After our time in Small Town USA, we headed through their Chicago sets where the Showtime Show, “Shameless” films. It was cool getting to see those sets for Patsy’s Pies, the Laundry Mat and the Train Station.

jDfWRbA.jpg

Bi74yjs.jpg

kHa2Wrt.jpg

We then drove through the New York sets!

rnPQl5d.jpg

gAFwLXi.jpg

IHu5j2v.jpg

Omg I didn't even realize it said 8.43 miles....I thought it was the time! Duh! Oh well....props anyhow! Lol
I know.....I know...I need to make it my mission to watch Star Wars.

The studio tour looks fun!

Omg I didn't even realize it said 8.43 miles....I thought it was the time! Duh! Oh well....props anyhow! Lol
I know.....I know...I need to make it my mission to watch Star Wars.

The studio tour looks fun!

I wish it was the time!

Well, you aren't running Dark Side or Light Side so I won't give you too much crap about not seeing the movies ;).

We enjoyed the Studio Tour! Lots more photos to come!

Warner Brothers Studio Tour - DC & Harry Potter Exhibit

After the outdoor sets, we headed into the DC & Harry Potter Exhibit. The downstairs was all set up for DC comics for Suicide Squad with the various costumes and props. The upstairs was set up for Harry Potter & Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them. It was interesting going through this with Betsy as she has never seen any of these movies!

Downstairs:

NI05hrs.jpg

Yv4AOo9.jpg

C04k4Pj.jpg

Kweuhxx.jpg

Tx6qaIF.jpg

aQhYHVJ.jpg

rUHJG8d.jpg

xsi3rNf.jpg

p8HHLm9.png

My crazy face

6fvVzr4.jpg

JSww0He.jpg

fEzKRWk.jpg

hNPFmFT.jpg

dZNtC6O.jpg

Upstairs:

4CFo0D9.jpg

Sx13sse.jpg

vkUDuru.jpg

eGawDVF.jpg

LAI99sb.jpg

KZ8TTpi.jpg

You were able to get sorted into a Hogwarts House. Betsy got into Ravenclaw and I got into Gryffindor. I found those to be wrong. Betsy is more a Hufflepuff & I’m more a Slytherin.

wEMJNQA.jpg

V5XLjNI.png

yUetDrC.jpg

9NjTVIe.jpg

ZTFy7L8.jpg

bP0QoGD.jpg

X1LyGvy.jpg

bDmELU5.jpg

This was about a 20 minute stop before we were round up and moved along to the next part of the tour!​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter