Swan & Dolphin Weddings FAQ

This must be a new rule!!!
Admittedly, I did not have a DP, but wore my dress to dinner at Citrico's, drinks in Mizner's bar and had many photos taken in and around the GF - even on the staircase. No CMs made any comments that weren't congratulatory!!!

Hello,

We have sent out Save the Dates to try to figure out numbers for our wedding, anticipating that most would say, 'no'. However, more than we had initially thought said yes which means that the idea of going to the Attic for a brunch reception is out of the question.

Does anyone have any other recommendations? I have spoken to Disney Catered Events and they are suggesting a ballroom, however myself and DF are not too keen on that option.

Our current guest count is over 40, some of which are under 3 year olds.

I like the look of the Grand Floridian Cafe, but I don't know if I can get a reservation for that many. Alternatively Garden Grove looks great but I don't know if they can accommodate that many, how many did you have Faith?

:)

Hello,

We have sent out Save the Dates to try to figure out numbers for our wedding, anticipating that most would say, 'no'. However, more than we had initially thought said yes which means that the idea of going to the Attic for a brunch reception is out of the question.

Does anyone have any other recommendations? I have spoken to Disney Catered Events and they are suggesting a ballroom, however myself and DF are not too keen on that option.

I like the look of the Grand Floridian Cafe, but I don't know if I can get a reservation for that many. Alternatively Garden Grove looks great but I don't know if they can accommodate that many, how many did you have Faith?

Not sure your budget, but have you looked into one of the private rooms at CA Grill or Isola Italy in Epcot? Actually, if you are interested, there are some beautiful options in the WS.

It's a little more casual than the Attic or a ballroom, but we had our rehearsal dinner at the Cabana Bar and Beach Club at the Dolphin, and they can accommodate up to like 200 for private events. They sectioned off a cabana for 20 of us, and we probably could have fit 50 in the space they gave us. They do lunch and dinner, and everyone loved the food we served.

Hello,

We had 53!!

Hello! So I read on the Facebook page that you can't wear your wedding dress to the Attic if you were to have a reception there. This is very sad. Is there anywhere you can wear your wedding dress to if you had a reception after your swan ceremony on WDW property? What about Narcoosee's? I'm getting discouraged with wanting to possibly have a reception after the ceremony (as opposed to just a dessert party) but not being able to wear my dress to it.

Hello! So I read on the Facebook page that you can't wear your wedding dress to the Attic if you were to have a reception there. This is very sad. Is there anywhere you can wear your wedding dress to if you had a reception after your swan ceremony on WDW property? What about Narcoosee's? I'm getting discouraged with wanting to possibly have a reception after the ceremony (as opposed to just a dessert party) but not being able to wear my dress to it.
This question is probably better suited to your Catered Events planner who can give you the final word. It seems like Disney is starting to crack down on dresses in venues where DFTW's take place.

I had my reception at the Garden Grove in the Swan and wore my dress.

I had my reception at Citrico's at the GF. Wore my dress, and had photos taken at the GF - on the beach, around the resort and even on the famous staircase, with no problems at all xx

Hello everyone! I pretty much just read this entire thread and I have a couple of questions you might be able to answer.

I am in the middle of communications with Jennifer at JM about a celebration package wedding that will take place in less that 3 weeks. My fiancé proposed to me on the cruise ship he is currently working on, and we recently decided that we wanted to elope, secretly. The only person that knows right now is his best man, who will be flying in for the wedding. I lucked out that my MoH is also on a ship and can get to the Orlando area for the ceremony.

My biggest issue right now is what to do after the ceremony. My MoH can only be with us until 7pm, so that puts a time constraint on our plans. I spoke with Disney's Catered Events, who flat out told me that they are not interested in working with a party of 4, as it would not be lucrative for them. They didn't even give me any helpful suggestions or have any open-mindedness to plan something small for us.

We are waiting to hear back from the contact at Il Mulino. She is out of office until Dec 1st. We are also trying to contact Intimate Dining at GF to see if they have any options for us, but we are afraid that they will not be able to set something up early enough and after reading some posts, I'm worried that I would not be able to wear my wedding dress there.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a small dinner for 4 around the S/D, or just on WDW property. I'd like something semi-private to private, but I'd love to hear from anyone who has had a post-wedding dinner at one of the regular restaurants. I want to be in my wedding dress for whatever we end up doing.

Also, I was under the impression that a hospitality suite was included with our package, but was just informed that it isn't and it is subject to availability. Does anyone know if it would cost extra if we get it? We have a room booked at the Beach Club Villas for the night of our wedding and are going over early that morning to see if we can get in the room earlier than their 4pm check in. We'd like to get photos getting ready. Do you think the JM photographer/videographer can come there to get pics/video while we get ready, if we can get in early enough?

Thanks in advance for any advice you have to offer!! It's quite a lot to take all of effort and potential stress of wedding planning and cram it all into less than 1 month's time!

Hello everyone! I pretty much just read this entire thread and I have a couple of questions you might be able to answer.

I am in the middle of communications with Jennifer at JM about a celebration package wedding that will take place in less that 3 weeks. My fiancé proposed to me on the cruise ship he is currently working on, and we recently decided that we wanted to elope, secretly. The only person that knows right now is his best man, who will be flying in for the wedding. I lucked out that my MoH is also on a ship and can get to the Orlando area for the ceremony.

My biggest issue right now is what to do after the ceremony. My MoH can only be with us until 7pm, so that puts a time constraint on our plans. I spoke with Disney's Catered Events, who flat out told me that they are not interested in working with a party of 4, as it would not be lucrative for them. They didn't even give me any helpful suggestions or have any open-mindedness to plan something small for us.

We are waiting to hear back from the contact at Il Mulino. She is out of office until Dec 1st. We are also trying to contact Intimate Dining at GF to see if they have any options for us, but we are afraid that they will not be able to set something up early enough and after reading some posts, I'm worried that I would not be able to wear my wedding dress there.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a small dinner for 4 around the S/D, or just on WDW property. I'd like something semi-private to private, but I'd love to hear from anyone who has had a post-wedding dinner at one of the regular restaurants. I want to be in my wedding dress for whatever we end up doing.

Also, I was under the impression that a hospitality suite was included with our package, but was just informed that it isn't and it is subject to availability. Does anyone know if it would cost extra if we get it? We have a room booked at the Beach Club Villas for the night of our wedding and are going over early that morning to see if we can get in the room earlier than their 4pm check in. We'd like to get photos getting ready. Do you think the JM photographer/videographer can come there to get pics/video while we get ready, if we can get in early enough

Thanks in advance for any advice you have to offer!! It's quite a lot to take all of effort and potential stress of wedding planning and cram it all into less than 1 month's time!
Welcome!
I'm so surprised Disney told you no. If you're willing to pay, you'd think they would accomodate you.

For a party of 4, your option may just be to book regular dining. IF this is the case I would try to book during off time (a little early or a little late) and tell the restaurant you're celebrating your wedding and would like to sit somewhere as private as you can get.

I had my reception at the Garden Grove and it was fantastic. We had 53 people and it felt like we had the restaurant to ourselves. LOVED IT.

As far as the hospitality suite is concerned, it's not guaranteed, as you've learned. If it's available, it's complimentary.

Your photographer should go wherever you are. I got ready at the Boardwalk and my DH got ready at the hospitality suite. We had 2 shooters and they covered both of us at our respective locations.

If we can help at all, don't hesitate to ask! Also, we have a Facebook group. PM me if you want to join!

Also, I was under the impression that a hospitality suite was included with our package, but was just informed that it isn't and it is subject to availability. Does anyone know if it would cost extra if we get it? We have a room booked at the Beach Club Villas for the night of our wedding and are going over early that morning to see if we can get in the room earlier than their 4pm check in. We'd like to get photos getting ready. Do you think the JM photographer/videographer can come there to get pics/video while we get ready, if we can get in early enough?

Welcome and congratulations
I have heard before that Disney Catered events were getting very difficult about working with small parties :(
We had a very delicious meal after our VR at Citrico's. We were treated like royalty, I wore my dress and took as many photos as we wanted.
Hope you are able to get something sorted out - keep us posted xx

Congratulations!! I would try to see what private dining can do for you. I have read that they are easy to work with & have seen some trip reports where the private dining was set up in some really lovely locations (like a balcony at the GF with a view of the fireworks!). Another option you might consider is checking to see if there is availability at Victoria & Alberts at the GF-either in their dining room or at the Chef's Table, which is totally private. If there is an ADR available, that would be a wonderful option :)

Who did you book for your photographer? You can likely speak to them directly to ask, but I cannot imagine that getting ready photos would pose any issues.

We accomplished quite a lot today. I corresponded with Julia Clark at Il Mulino and she's able to book us into one of the private spaces at a reduced food/bev minimum due to our small party size. She's been really helpful and a pleasure to deal with.

We also confirmed the details and placed the official order for our cake with It's Tasty Too! They were also fantastic to work with.

Now, all we are really waiting on is if we will get a hospitality suite on the day of the wedding. I'm wondering if it would be worth it to book another night at the Beach Club Villas to alleviate the stress of not knowing and to make sure that my FH and I have separate places to get ready. We'd like to do a first look, so getting ready in the same space is a little inconvenient. Fingers crossed!

We accomplished quite a lot today. I corresponded with Julia Clark at Il Mulino and she's able to book us into one of the private spaces at a reduced food/bev minimum due to our small party size. She's been really helpful and a pleasure to deal with.

We also confirmed the details and placed the official order for our cake with It's Tasty Too! They were also fantastic to work with.

Now, all we are really waiting on is if we will get a hospitality suite on the day of the wedding. I'm wondering if it would be worth it to book another night at the Beach Club Villas to alleviate the stress of not knowing and to make sure that my FH and I have separate places to get ready. We'd like to do a first look, so getting ready in the same space is a little inconvenient. Fingers crossed!
That's wonderful progress! Congrats! :banana:

Hi everyone, I read the entire thread last night. Like so many on here DH and I were considering a DFTW for our vow renewal until I stumbled on the actual price of a S/D wedding. I am 95% sure this is the way we're going to go since the Escape package has so little ability to take things out of the package we don't need. We are waiting to hear back from DFTW after making a call yesterday, but I also submitted a form to Just Marry and was shocked at the difference in price for getting more. Right now our plan is to renew our vows on Crescent Terrace November 9, 2015.

We were married in the same location in December of 2011 & for us it was a no-brainer. The quality of a Swan wedding is on par with DFTW & you will still absolutely feel like a Disney bride. You have access to the majority of the perks that DFTW has to offer (vendors, characters, dessert parties, etc). Best of all, the communication & customization of a Swan wedding cannot be beat. Congrats and happy planning!!! :)

We were married in the same location in December of 2011 & for us it was a no-brainer. The quality of a Swan wedding is on par with DFTW & you will still absolutely feel like a Disney bride. You have access to the majority of the perks that DFTW has to offer (vendors, characters, dessert parties, etc). Best of all, the communication & customization of a Swan wedding cannot be beat. Congrats and happy planning!!! :)

I have to say I'm amazed at the communication. We contacted both DFTW and Just Marry on the same day. We haven't heard anything from DFTW, but Just Marry emailed yesterday and responded today when I asked for a different date.

I have to say I'm amazed at the communication. We contacted both DFTW and Just Marry on the same day. We haven't heard anything from DFTW, but Just Marry emailed yesterday and responded today when I asked for a different date.

I'm not surprised! If communication is a priority for you, definitely go with the Swan. My JM planner almost always got back to me within hours of emailing her. A few weeks before my wedding, she even replied to me while on her day off! Our catering person (through the Swan) was the same way. All of our vendors had very prompt & thorough communication as well. We even did a conference call with our florist (which was their idea) to confirm final details. I also love that catering did a cake and meal tasting. I felt they really went above & beyond in making us feel part of & up to date with every detail throughout my whole planning experience :)

Hi All!! :)

Soo happy I found this thread. My fiancé and I are aiming for a Disney wedding next year. After looking into DFTW we realized those prices were just not in our reach or the packages that were, our guest count didn't match up and a few other issues but then I came across the idea of a wedding at S&D and that it is a significant savings compared to DFTW, although I can't say that for sure because I haven't been told pricing yet but after reading this thread it sounds like this might be the perfect fit, location and price wise. We love the beach option for the ceremony there. I'm just a little confused as to how it works and pricing. We don't want a formal scale reception, thus why we are doing a destination wedding. We would rather just have a beautiful ceremony with our (28ish) guests and then a cake. Following the ceremony we like the idea of a private epcot dessert party but for some reason I can't find out if this is an option? I did read a DP is an option but it didn't say where. We would also like the characters feature, either to come when the ceremony ends to greet with the kids and take pictures OR come to our DP that we would like? Is that even an option, how does that work? I know some stated in this thread that you add characters as an enhancement but when if we don't want a reception just a cake cutting and DP, if that's possible? I also really fell inlove with the idea of "cinderellas horse and carriage", I also read that it's still an option to do that at S&D? What other type of ceremony transportation is an option here also? I'm assuming we can't do the MK portrait session since it would not be through DFTW?? Would anyone be willing to give me an idea price wise for just a ceremony and DP as a sortve reception. NO food reception just a DP in it's place. WE really would've liked the DP private during ILlumations, is that an option still?

Just in quick summary:
1) Can we have just a ceremony, cake, and dessert party, with NO formal reception?
2) IF we can do a DP where is it allowed? Is epcot an option and is it private to just our guests?
3) IF we just want the ceremony, cake time and DP but want characters involved at some point to meet and greet with the kids and pictures, when would they be able to?
4) What is the horse and carriage like? Or what bride transportation is available?
5) Is an MK photo session not an option since it wouldn't be a wedding through DFTW?
6) Would anyone be willing to share their end budget if anyone has just had the ceremony and DP?

thanks in advance for any insight :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter