• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing ... #12

Without any spoilers... TWD was expected, but oh soooo heartbreaking.

It's been an extremely lazy Monday, which means I'll have double the hustle tomorrow. Blah!

The stores in my area malls have decided they will be closed thanksgiving day

Employees will have the day with family and not working in a store

Not sure if the stores up North will do the same
Can not imagine all the malls around Chicago doing that

Hehe, I always buy the candy I want to eat. We usually get about 12 to 15 kids, as were are off a major road with not countinuous sidewalk. Love to see the young ones growing up.

I am sure some of the local stores will be closed for Thanksgiving, but the mall and bigger box stores will be open if not in the afternoon, then at dinner time. I usually like to go out around 11pm, be done around midnight, and then sleep in. Otherwise, I go to sleep early, then go out around 5 am, and have a nice, sit down breakfast.

Hope you foot is feeling better Sharky.

Sharky how crowded was Hhn both nights for you and bd girl?
The first night was packs, but not unbearable, the second night was average IMO. We had express both nights so it really didn't affect us. The highlight for her was Krampus and Academy of Villains. LOVED their show!

Sharky hope the foot feels better soon. All that walking in the parks is hard on the feet, legs and back.

I fell down my stairs a few months before the trip and waited until there was more damage before seeing the Dr. By that time the surgery word was brought up and there was no way I was doing my trip with pins in my foot... sooooo... As it is it's going to be a nightmare between our stairs and dogs lol

I gave up on the day after Thanksgiving shopping a number of years ago. Tried it a couple of times and decided its not for me no matter how much money could be saved not worth putting up with peoples bad behavior.

I gave up on the day after Thanksgiving shopping a number of years ago. Tried it a couple of times and decided its not for me no matter how much money could be saved not worth putting up with bad behavior.
I'm with you on that robo!

When my boys were in high school I always did the shopping Tday and Black Friday

Their wish list for Christmas were always expensive electronical items or DVDs or something sports

The only way I could manage all their lists was shopping on the special sales even if it meant standing in line at 3:00 am for a 6:00 store opening

When they were in college, gave them the money and told them to go shop Black Friday

They did and I wrap the stuff and held it for Christmas day

Once they were out of school, I wrote checks

Shopping for them these days are so simple now

I have stamps and a check book

Hehe, I used to do Black Friday with my mom, as she was a great line place holder. Now I am the line place holder and DS actually does the retrieving. It is the only time he actually says he will go shopping with me. I think because he always finds things he wants that I did not think he wanted. He is a good breakfast companion too.

Lynne sounds like you and your son have a good bonding Black Friday strategy.

I went two times. First time, I went in my closet sat down to put on tennis shoes and got up and had severe pain in back.....LOL.....went shopping anyway and ended up in hospital later that day with herniated disk in my lower back..

Second time I went, my younger sister and I were in a toy store when we heard something going on at front of store then heard sirens. To make long story short. Two ladies were fighting over a tickle me Elmo and the one lady bit the other lady holding the toy so she would let it go....the police and paramedics were called.

Decided not for me anymore....LOL......watch someone will try to talk me into going this year......:hyper:

Usually go up to Chicago with sister every year for shopping trip first week of December.
Lived in the burbs of Chicago for many years. Moved back south 32 years ago.

Had never gone to the Christkindlmarket in Chicago. So a few years ago my sister and cousin and I went. We were in one of the temporary buildings housing all the ornaments when the vendor looked at us and said "you ladies are not from around here are you". I looked at him and said "How can you tell?" He said " because you are all waiting in line so nicely and not pushing and shoving to see things like everyone else".

After we left the ornament building I stopped for a while and looked at everyone walking very fast. Then I realized we were walking much slower then everyone else. We stuck out in the crowd for sure.....LOL....I looked at everyone and said " Alright you guys we are sticking out to much. Pick up the pace girls. We are every purse thiefs dream. Three lumbering female country bears"....LOL....we had a blast.

Last edited:
I guess I am lucky Robo. I find most of the shoppers I come in contact with are nice. We tend to be chatty with those around us in line. Makes the cold and time not seem as bad. I usually have a short list, and am in and out of store as fast as I can. Only hit a few stores too. Then in afternoon, like to go to the mall and people watch. I never run. If it is not to be, so be it. And no big ticket items this year. Well, already bought, holiday vacation.

image.jpeg

Night all!

We've alwaysnloved bf shopping too. My mom and I have been going for 20 years, now my hubs joins in too. I'm not sure if we'll be going this year though as no one has asked for any hot items.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter