Something About Nothing ... #12

Lol.......I hate housework.........I'd make a rubbish housekeeper.........

Loves me a cup of tea..........no leftovers tonight..........clean plates all round..........

Was racking my brains to think who in macs family was called Max???? Thought I'd never heard her mention him.......then I reread it........doh!

I did the same thing.

I guess my day was semi-productive. The kids had a field trip in the morning. I spent a chunk of the afternoon waiting at the car place due to a warning light and needing an oil change. Luckily, it's all under warranty so that was free. No cleaning took place though outside of making the beds. I normally don't make beds. I don't see the point if they're going to just get messed up again later that day. Inspection at the SC house happened today. Inspector left all sorts of things on - including a bathroom fan I didn't discover on until 7 hours later. I did discover the air conditioner on as soon as it came on though.

Sounds like things are moving along Kohlby. I may need the AC on today. We're trying to pass the current record of 84 for this date. Maybe 85 or 86 by this afternoon. No matter though, fall will not let us forget it is fall, it will be 65 by Saturday.

Well, it may be pasta day, but it's Tuesday. And for TinyD's sister:

th

and a funny:
th

off to find something sweet to eat with my tea this morning Good morning all!

Before the dogs are sent out for me:wave2:

Need to catch up, did see Tink's son has new set of wheels! Woohoo

More time tomorrow to dig around here, car in the shop for a broken strap underneath:confused3stuck @ home, God forbid I'd walk anywhere.

Forgot how stuff tends to pile up when away from home longer lol. Quite the eventful trip, warts & all. Nice to see everybody and sorry for those that I missed.

Supposed to break record heat here today 85 degrees. Nice stretch of weather has enabled us to get a good portion of Halloween decorations in place. Bottom will drop out tomorrow & probably need to fire up the furnace's boiler this weekend...we always light a candle beforehand, hoping it still works lol.

Today is full of appointments and will spend afternoon with mom who has probably given up on me at this point.:o

Just checking in...housework is being neglected, but I'm in crunch-mode with Halloween costumes (teach me to open my big mouth 3 weeks from Halloween...youngest was fine with wearing camo and carrying a NERF gun, and I suggested the Predator...what was I thinking?

Anywho, off to sculpt some body armor and make dreads :rolleyes2

Happy Tuesday all!

When do all your communities celebrate Halloween?

When I lived up north, it was done on a Saturday from 2 to 4 in the day light and it was not on the 31
All of our past surrounding communities had the same ordinance

We never got trick or treaters all those years

Need to find out if anyone celebrates it in our community down here

Welcome back Janet!

Haven't seen DS in a few days...:car:new car + :love:new girlfriend + 4 days off work = who knows what he's up to. Hope he has fun :flower1:

Happy Tuesday back at cha Kivara and to all the homies :goodvibes

When I lived up north, it was done on a Saturday from 2 to 4 in the day light and it was not on the 31

I find that it varies depending on the neighborhood. We live on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere so we never get trick or treaters. When the kids were little I took them to the town square area but now they have trunk or treating events here. I would be prepared with candy for both the Saturday before Halloween and the actual date. Even if you don't get any little goblins, you've got candy to munch on for awhile.

It's national pasta day so I made Alfredo over bowties while my sister was pissed at me and slamed things around before locking herself in her room.

just another night in the sister house.

She was gone since Thursday came home today. I literally said 3 words to her before she got pissed and started slamming thing around. Later on when she didnt get over it I confronted her and asked her what the deal was. She called me a bad word and I might have gone off at her. Ohhh I should get my own place. That would require me to cancel my annual passes and trips though. hmm...

My three have their moments too. One thing about siblings, you always make up :flower3:

Before the dogs are sent out for me:wave2:

Need to catch up, did see Tink's son has new set of wheels! Woohoo

More time tomorrow to dig around here, car in the shop for a broken strap underneath:confused3stuck @ home, God forbid I'd walk anywhere.

Forgot how stuff tends to pile up when away from home longer lol. Quite the eventful trip, warts & all. Nice to see everybody and sorry for those that I missed.

Supposed to break record heat here today 85 degrees. Nice stretch of weather has enabled us to get a good portion of Halloween decorations in place. Bottom will drop out tomorrow & probably need to fire up the furnace's boiler this weekend...we always light a candle beforehand, hoping it still works lol.

Today is full of appointments and will spend afternoon with mom who has probably given up on me at this point.:o

Lol.........that sentence made me laugh........I'm the same with walking.........:rolleyes1

Certainly was a trip and a half, glad you back home safely though........have a nice visit with your mum today......

We have the heating on today........

Although Sun has just come out........salmon for dinner tonight, and not sure what else yet.......haven't looked in fridges yet to see what's there.......probably roasted veg and cour cousin........

On Halloween. There aren't specific hours for it but it's understood it starts a little before dark as the younger kids need a chance to get out.

However, if it falls on a Sunday or a Wednesday, a lot less houses will participate due to church. (There are several that have issues with the holiday anyway and don't do it but enough normally do it as long as it isn't a church day).

The counties next to me sometimes change what day they do it and some set times, but it's always evening. My town has always been on Halloween though and we've lived here almost 20 years.

Hmmm........ Maybe if I had a sissy, I would have a pouty one that would give me the evil eye

Always wanted one though

I hope she becomes nice again to you as tension in the house is an icky feeling

To get even, spit in her food
You'll feel better and she'll never know

Keep her as a roommate
UO needs you
I made wheat filled pasta and bread instead. That was evil enough. I also have brownies and biscuits sitting all over the kitchen that she cant have from when she was gone all weekend. I accidentally forgot to put those away before she got home... but I don't feel as bad now.
Tinyd I say give her the full moon.....LOL....she will either be appalled and go to her room and sleep it off or she will fall over laughing. Let's hope she chooses the later.

Mac I will adopt you as a sister ::yes::. I do believe between the two of us we could get into a significant amount of mischief and fun :laughing:
She'd probably just call me another dirty word. She likes to do that one too.
She locked herself in her room starting at 7:30 last night so eh. whatever.

My three have their moments too. One thing about siblings, you always make up :flower3:
Ummm... you should meet my family then. lol!
If it weren't for me and my parents free food and presents we would not get together as a family.
My oldest brother and oldest sister cannot stand each other and have wished death upon the other more than once. I wish that were the worst thing too.. I won't share the details on here but if you want to hear the pure evil you're welcome to text me! It's bad....
Conveniently sometimes one is out of town for one holiday and the other is out of town for the other. That was a very quiet and calm year....

But yes, my sister and I will. IDK what got stuck up her you know what yesterday. It's just aggravating to be treated like a child in your own home by your sister. We'll see what happens when she gets of work tonight.

I haven't heard official announcement this year. Growing up if Halloween fell on a church night they would move it to a different day. Otherwise it was the night it fell on. If it was a weekday people would start coming around as early as 5PM... if it was a weekend they started later and stayed out later. I remember one year when we were done by 8PM! And then some we still had people around at 11...
It's all community based and they usually make an announcement a week before if they're going to change it. At least here!

Usually if the porch lights are off it means no candy. If the porch lights are on and especially if there are decorations it means come on up. We never get any here because it's a gated community.

Ummm... you should meet my family then. lol!
If it weren't for me and my parents free food and presents we would not get together as a family.
My oldest brother and oldest sister cannot stand each other and have wished death upon the other more than once. I wish that were the worst thing too.. I won't share the details on here but if you want to hear the pure evil you're welcome to text me! It's bad....
Conveniently sometimes one is out of town for one holiday and the other is out of town for the other. That was a very quiet and calm year....

But yes, my sister and I will. IDK what got stuck up her you know what yesterday. It's just aggravating to be treated like a child in your own home by your sister. We'll see what happens when she gets of work tonight.

I completely understand! I have a half sister who's a complete hag. I tried once to have a relationship with her, she's just too toxic and I value my peace more!

Text any time ya want! We can swap family horror stories for Halloween HAHA!

However, if it falls on a Sunday or a Wednesday, a lot less houses will participate due to church. (There are several that have issues with the holiday anyway and don't do it but enough normally do it as long as it isn't a church day).

A little village we lived in many years ago was like that. The local church wanted to stop all Halloween events......thing is unfortunately it isn't such a huge event over here anyway........it's trying but nowhere near the same hype.

Most ignored him and things went ahead as planned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter