Something About Nothing ... #12

Happy Birthday @Lynne G! the DH usually likes cheesecake too, but this year we did Great American cookie company chocolate chip cookie. I can't do cheesecakes (baking) but I can whip you up a fabulous cocktail!

Gorgeous weather today-got to get to my garden and get fall stuff in. Needed the therapy session-DS (mild anxiety issues) had his meltdown Friday night about new school. Hit me on Saturday while cleaning that oldest DD is really gone off to college and not here (Swifter wetjet broke and I literally had my mouth open about to yell for her and bribe her to go get me a new one when I remembered she isnt here).

Yay for new FTWD though!

Yes, I am 39 again. :D

And, since I am not a big fan of cake, I ask for cheesecake and fruit for my birthday. Rained out, so steak in the broiler instead. Made ice tea, as it still feels muggy, even in the steady rain.
Happy bday Lynne! October celebrations will happen!

Happy birthday Lynne! @keishashadow

Leaving the lights on for a few. Packed the littles lunch, laid out their clothes and have breakfast planned for the AM. Of course. I have done none of this for me! Lol.

@macraven please tell me you are getting some of this rain from our collective stomping. We got a good amount today and I am feeling selfish.

Sidenote. Hubby is out of town so I DVR'd FTWD. Although I keep forcing us to watch it. At one point we were rooting for the zombies! But I feel it got tons better the last few episodes.

Bacon....yum! Bedtime here. Watched Bristol race tonight and watching qualifying for the cup race. I know you love F1 but I like the banging fenders racing a little better. I suppose it's what you grow up with. I was watching the race when Senna passed away:guilty:

Just saw this post pc.........We love all sorts of racing too.....love Raleigh driving a lot! But F1 is our passion. Although the way it's changed last few years it's not the same thing it was even 10 years ago........not as much fun.

We didn't go to the race Senna was killed at. We were still travelling to a lot of races back then, but that one we just couldn't make as we had a christening to go to up at Loch Lomond. Glad we missed it. For that and Roland Ratzenberger the day before. Another sad weekend. Loved the Imola circuit though.

It is Monday! Thanks for the memes Schumi.

Thanks all for the birthday wishes. It's always nice when your birthday falls on a week-end day.

Well, kids are done their summer jobs, so both soundly asleep this morning. Lazy until school starts. Slowly getting the school stuff in order.

th

Kids here start school Wednesday. Feeling sad tomorrow will be last day of summer with GD. I was the mom boohooing when kids went back while others were in a conga line celebrating

Up to see mum, then the country market up there that always has interesting food goodies, winding up with dental hygienist today. She takes forever, technique is so rough, mouth sore & bleeding afterwards - yuck. Friends who are patients there agree with me. I'd have gone elsewhere if I didn't like the practice so much.

Carole I made the choice to stay home with youngest, shifted careers and worked part time or when the Mr would be around. Cooking became a passion. Haven't quite been feeling it lately, but figure once it cools off, I'll go back to more elaborate offerings. Had to laugh when I made first meal after being away (a beef roast, etc). The Mr came into kitchen and could hardly contain himself, saying "this is what I really missed". Um ok, guess that's a compliment, of sorts

Sidenote. Hubby is out of town so I DVR'd FTWD. Although I keep forcing us to watch it. At one point we were rooting for the zombies! But I feel it got tons better the last few episodes.

Haha I enjoy it, probably because it's a different vibe than TWD. Last nights' very artsy, for a minute thot I was watching a foreign film. I like when they delve in the psychological stuff that would accompany such an event. No spoilers intended but the one zombie herd scene in desert is the sorta stuff that gives me the willies.

Noooooo! So the Mexico EPCOT stand is officially closed. This was our final stop before illuminations. So sad @keishashadow @tink1957

IDK I had thought it was a temporary thing. Then read it was being moved, but odd to see it closed but still 'there'. Disney usually erases all signs of things. Since I had the munchkin along was only going to have 'one' this trip. Ah well, saved some $ haha.

I was the same Janet.......I loved the school holidays when Kyle was at home........so many parents tore their hair out but I loved the holidays.........could fill our time easily........

Yep, I would take that as a compliment too.......I love roast beef.....lol.......some folks never got why I gave up a career, but I don't regret it for a second.......I was in the dullest engineering industry in the world.......lol......your hygienist sounds so much fun!!!

Rained heavy most of the day today.......now it is so humid! Hoping for thunder........

Feel a bit dull tonight as we are all tired........another early night I think.........

Thanks for the birthday wishes Robo.

Long, warm Monday so far. I am dragging my bum. Tired.

image.jpeg

Still raining here...........

No desire to get up this morning........

My butt is dragging today. Almost late to work cause I overslept the alarm. Needless to say, I will be fueled by coffee today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter