Sharing the Disney Magic with Family & Friends-DL Diamond Anniversary-DCA F&W Fest Kiosks & The End!

There isn’t much more to report here, so I’ll just kind of wrap it up in this post.

I woke up and took another tub. (Sorry water shortage!) I think that helped to make me feel better too. I went up to the lounge to have some breakfast, and Fran requested a Bagel with Cream cheese. I met the girls up there and they were not happy about leaving.

I think Cynthia gave me this pic of her plate.

It’s so nice being able to have access to the Craftsman club. I doubt that next stay, we’ll have that privilege.

After I left, the girls enjoyed their coffee on the balcony.

Then began the chore of packing up the supplies. It took us all the way until 11AM to pack up the coolers with the leftovers, and get everything ready for a bellman. When we called down to Bell Services, they told us that it was going to be at least half an hour until they could send someone up.

I was worried that we wouldn’t be able to get everything into the cars to get it home, but there was no problem. We drove slowly so as not to damage Mickey on the way home. Margaret met us at the house and we unloaded everything and brought it in the house. Everyone prepared themselves a plate of leftovers and then David and Donna showed up, and later Jim and Alberto.

It was a beautiful day and we sat outside on the patio chatting. Sorry I have no pictures from that day, we were all very low energy and just sort of chilled and chatted.

My father and David, laid down on these chairs and took a nap for about an hour.

I was glad that I put 1-5PM in the invitation because everyone in my family was getting tired from the activities of the weekend, and we were wanting to just relax and not “be entertaining”. Once everyone said goodbye, we tried to settle in on a dinner choice that would use up some of our many leftovers. I ended up making us some Fried Rice.

Following dinner we all went to bed, it was a fun but exhausting weekend.

My parents left around 11:00AM the next day, and we sort of couldn’t wait for them to leave, because it was the unofficial Star Wars holiday, May the Fourth be with you. We made a dash to the park and Fran had done online research as to what merchandise was available and where. We headed right to the “Little Green Men” store and got in line. They were already out of XL T-shirts for the “May the 4th”, so we got some 2X and 3X, but she got a “Revenge of the 5th” in a few different sizes for later sale on eBay.

We got several of this strange little Ewok guy.

And a few of the Limited Edition Pins

DSC09959.jpg

Then we decided to get some lunch. We were going to get a Corn Dog, but the little Red Wagon was so darned packed that we just went over to Casey’s and got some dogs. Fran got a regular one, but I got this beauty!

After that I rode Star Tours and Space Mountain and we decided to call it a day. On our way out we saw Chip and Dale stalking this guy.

And then we left the parks and went home. I made us Chicken Nachos for dinner, that used up leftover chips, queso, and chicken. But we weren’t even putting a dent in all that leftover food. So the big question is what was the fate of Mickey?

Well we talked about shellacking him and preserving him, but he was just too large, and that’s a lot of sugar to have laying around, so we took him to band on Tuesday night and had at him.

Here I am studying how I will chop him up.

Justin wanted to have a go at it.

And there you see it.

And that’s all I got. I thought I had a picture of him with a full lobotomy, but I guess not. So that wraps up the last of the birthday weekend. Stay tuned for next year when we celebrate it at WDW with Naked Jim!

The bungalows sound heavenly!

Is that hotdog as good as it looks?

Last edited:
What a wonderful weekend, but I am kind of sad it is over. That hotdog photo makes my mouth water. I happened upon this shortly before the end of our last trip and really enjoyed it. I definitely need another one of those in September. I was surprised that the Mickey completely survived your birthday weekend.

Corinna

Thank you for sharing with us. What a fabulous birthday weekend!!!

What flavor was Mickey?

I'm so sad to see Mickey get chopped up...he was truly cool!

It was so sad to leave. It was great to spend time with everyone and finally meet Jenny in 3D and spend more than 5 minutes with Cynthia! Thanks so much for inviting us! It was a blast celebrating with you!

Jill in CO

So sad to see this party wrapped up. :(

Even worse to see the lobotomy!!!! I was wincing here. :upsidedow

Thanks for sharing a wonderful birthday with us.

I hope that she gets better too. Right now she is totally off on her sleep cycles, she'll sleep for hours during the day and then be up until 3 in the morning, and then not be able to get up at a normal time in the morning. It makes for a very difficult "normal" routine. I think we're better off not buying anything from the Expo. We estimate that not getting Sorcerer's tickets has saved us over $10,000! :eek:

That must be very difficult to have an odd time period of when she gets up. Hoping that she gets better. I understand. It will be very odd not seeing you and Fran at the D23 Expo this year. DAF and I were about to purchase the Sorcerer's tickets for this years Expo but we didn't get lucky. After thinking about it for a while now, I am glad that we didn't get the tickets this year. $10,000 is a lot just for a three day event.

I would have not cut that cake and kept it as it but it was a nice cake.

Poor Mickey! :( I am so glad I didn't have to witness the slaughter. :lmao:

It was a fabulous weekend. I still need to post my Club 33 lunch with Cynthia and Jill but holy I am overwhelmed.

Thank you for the invite and for hosting such a fabulous birthday weekend. :grouphug:

Oh Wow! You have had a lot going on lately with Fran's RA med trial and the move from your old rehearsal space to your new space. OMG - I can just imagine how much work that is to move all the music. :faint: Wow! But I believe that all things happen for a reason and I hope the new church ends up being a wonderful home for you.

Loved reading about the end of your birthday weekend. It sounds exhausting, yet so much fun!

Those last pictures cracked me up - attack of the giant Mickey head. :rotfl2: Once again - what an amazing cake.

have very tentative plans to make it to DL at the end of May next year. Denny and I are teaming up with another couple and trying to pull together a 10-14 California trip. Watch out!!!!

So I'll be back with replies, but today Leonard and I realized that he didn't send me all the pictures from Mickey's Lobotomy. He sent me these few more so you can see the true carnage...

There you have it the full carnage!

Alison, I never knew you were a zombie!!!

It certainly seems like it was a fun, busy and exhausting weekend. But well worth it. Time with family and friends celebrating can't be beat. I'm glad that you were able to have this epic birthday weekend and none of the problems leading up to it really interfered with the final outcome.

It's a shame that you had to cut Mickey up. But he's a cake. If you didn't want to cut it up and eat it you should have had them make it out of something less delicious.

Full lobotomy!:rotfl2:

I don't have a ton of time to DIS as I'm getting ready to leave on vacation. But I'm glad you were able to get the birthday celebration together with so many friends and family! It looks like it was a great time!

Mickey was a beautiful cake, and I am glad that you got to enjoy him. he looks delish!

First: the "slaughtered" Mickey pics are hilarious!

But it looks like it was more show than cake in that one?

I am very sorry that Fran has to deal with such horrible side effects from her medication!! You would think that someone should have explained that beforehand that taking both medications at the same time has such consequences! I am sorry that this report is wrapping up, but I am looking forward to your next pre trip report!

The bungalows sound heavenly!

Is that hotdog as good as it looks?

I'm really crossing my fingers for the bungalows! The mac wasn't as cheesy as I would have liked, but it was still pretty darned good!

What a wonderful weekend, but I am kind of sad it is over. That hotdog photo makes my mouth water. I happened upon this shortly before the end of our last trip and really enjoyed it. I definitely need another one of those in September. I was surprised that the Mickey completely survived your birthday weekend.

Corinna

I was so sad when it was finally over. I had been planning it for so long, but it was great fun. I'll join you in one of those hot dogs! :thumbsup2

Thank you for sharing with us. What a fabulous birthday weekend!!!

What flavor was Mickey?

Mickey was also Dulce de Leche, but the Tigger cake was actually tastier, the black fondant, wasn't as good as the icing on the Tigger cake.

I'm so sad to see Mickey get chopped up...he was truly cool!

It was so sad to leave. It was great to spend time with everyone and finally meet Jenny in 3D and spend more than 5 minutes with Cynthia! Thanks so much for inviting us! It was a blast celebrating with you!

Jill in CO

I had a hard time doing it, but what was I going to do with that much cake and sugar coated Styrofoam sitting around. It was so much fun to spend time with you all, I hope we can do something like that again, especially after @rentayenta moves back. Hint Hint.

So sad to see this party wrapped up. :(

Even worse to see the lobotomy!!!! I was wincing here. :upsidedow

Thanks for sharing a wonderful birthday with us.

And just think, this was posted before I found the pictures fully documenting the carnage! :rotfl2:

I'm with Jenny on the bungalows I took one look at the point chart and said to rich for me. :)

They'd be wonderful to stay at.

Yeah, this is going to be a one time only stay, if we get it! But heck, we pretty much have points, might as well use them!

That must be very difficult to have an odd time period of when she gets up. Hoping that she gets better. I understand. It will be very odd not seeing you and Fran at the D23 Expo this year. DAF and I were about to purchase the Sorcerer's tickets for this years Expo but we didn't get lucky. After thinking about it for a while now, I am glad that we didn't get the tickets this year. $10,000 is a lot just for a three day event.

I would have not cut that cake and kept it as it but it was a nice cake.

It will be strange not to be at the D23 Expo, but it would have been a four day event with Sorcerer's tickets. That would have cost $4,000, but the other $6,000 is what Fran would spend being around all that merchandise. Also they might release another necklace that would tempt me. Actually you could check the jewelry and send me a picture of any new necklaces from the Dream collection. If I really like it, we could buy day tickets and come down to get it! :lmao:

Poor Mickey! :( I am so glad I didn't have to witness the slaughter. :lmao:

It was a fabulous weekend. I still need to post my Club 33 lunch with Cynthia and Jill but holy I am overwhelmed.

Thank you for the invite and for hosting such a fabulous birthday weekend. :grouphug:

Go ahead and post away when you find the time. As I said to Jill, when you move here, we should do more get togethers and invite DIS ladies to come have fun with us!

Oh Wow! You have had a lot going on lately with Fran's RA med trial and the move from your old rehearsal space to your new space.

Today I finally had a day to do laundry, do the dishes, and tend to the bills (and catch up on the DIS) :teeth:

OMG - I can just imagine how much work that is to move all the music. :faint: Wow! But I believe that all things happen for a reason and I hope the new church ends up being a wonderful home for you.

I hope we enjoy the new rehearsal space, because it sure is in a crummy part of town. Moving the music is not hard, but putting it all back in file cabinets in order, that's hard!

Loved reading about the end of your birthday weekend. It sounds exhausting, yet so much fun!

Those last pictures cracked me up - attack of the giant Mickey head. :rotfl2: Once again - what an amazing cake.

It was so much fun! And exhausting.

have very tentative plans to make it to DL at the end of May next year. Denny and I are teaming up with another couple and trying to pull together a 10-14 California trip. Watch out!!!!

What do you mean 10-14 California Trip? Do you mean 10-15?

Talk about full carnage of the Mickey cake.

::yes::

Brains!

Jill in CO

:rotfl2:

Alison, I never knew you were a zombie!!!

:rotfl2:

It certainly seems like it was a fun, busy and exhausting weekend. But well worth it. Time with family and friends celebrating can't be beat. I'm glad that you were able to have this epic birthday weekend and none of the problems leading up to it really interfered with the final outcome.

It was a total blast! I haven't had that much fun in a long long time!

It's a shame that you had to cut Mickey up. But he's a cake. If you didn't want to cut it up and eat it you should have had them make it out of something less delicious.

True dat!

Full lobotomy!:rotfl2:

I don't have a ton of time to DIS as I'm getting ready to leave on vacation. But I'm glad you were able to get the birthday celebration together with so many friends and family! It looks like it was a great time!

I'm surprised you even found the time to visit here before you left. I'm sure you'll have a great time, and Jill is a lot of fun. Enjoy your time with her!

Mickey was a beautiful cake, and I am glad that you got to enjoy him. he looks delish!

It was great, but now I'm spoiled! I'll want CCCW to make all my epic cakes!

First: the "slaughtered" Mickey pics are hilarious!

But it looks like it was more show than cake in that one?

It was more show than cake. I was a little bit disappointed by that, but it still looked really cool, and since we had Tigger to eat it all worked out in the end.

I am very sorry that Fran has to deal with such horrible side effects from her medication!! You would think that someone should have explained that beforehand that taking both medications at the same time has such consequences! I am sorry that this report is wrapping up, but I am looking forward to your next pre trip report!

She wasn't supposed to take both medications at the same time. She should have consulted the doctor before "self-prescribing" herself the Xeljanz, he would have prescribed some kind of steroid to get her through the pain until the Rituxin kicked in. I'm almost done with the next installment of the Pre Trip Report!

It will be strange not to be at the D23 Expo, but it would have been a four day event with Sorcerer's tickets. That would have cost $4,000, but the other $6,000 is what Fran would spend being around all that merchandise. Also they might release another necklace that would tempt me. Actually you could check the jewelry and send me a picture of any new necklaces from the Dream collection. If I really like it, we could buy day tickets and come down to get it! :lmao:

You are right about that. I forgot that the tickets cost $2,000 each. I forgot to say four days which the Sorcerer tickets get Thursday as the extra day to go shopping at the Dream Store. I have been looking everyday when Disney is going to release more of the merchandise that will be for sale at the Dream Store. So far nothing yet except for a few that have been announced on the D23 website. I did saw a website last year that showed the merchandise what was going to be available and it gave me an idea what was going to be at the store. If you know where I can find online what Dream Store merchandise will be available during this year, I can make my plan and I could also look for the jewelry you are thinking from the Dream Collection.

Thank you Alison.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter