Rumored Changes to G+

I don’t think it is a coincidence that WDW enjoyed increasing popularity year after year as MBs and FP+ elevated the park experience. Cannot understand why they didn’t realize how much the combo brought more visitors and positive experiences. After many trips since, I laugh at the few complaints we had back then.

We personally don’t need to do a ton of rides everyday. I’d love an uncomplicated way to not stand on long lines for a few that we want. After paying over $1000 each/trip between ticket and a couple line skips, is that too much to ask?

When I see threads like this one, it brings back old threads where people were outdone if anyone dared suggest that Disney would make people pay for fast pass or a facsimile. Anyone else remember these heated debates? I always thought they were hilarious.
I do. I called it a while back, and yes, some said absolutely never. 🤣

What I imagine the room looks like where they designed G+, they make changes to G+, they see the future of G+ and the end result of G+. They took a simple plan, made it harder, changed it, making it costly and even harder and ... now they want to keep the cost and make it pure chaos.

I really enjoyed the park right after reopening. No fastpasses, lines were moderate but kept moving. 40 - 60 minutes max popular attractions. I don't mind waiting in a constantly moving line but standing for 20 min at FoP or ROTR (now remy's is the worst) staring at the same wall makes me anxious and angry

I really enjoyed the park right after reopening. No fastpasses, lines were moderate but kept moving. 40 - 60 minutes max popular attractions. I don't mind waiting in a constantly moving line but standing for 20 min at FoP or ROTR (now remy's is the worst) staring at the same wall makes me anxious and angry

Parks were also capped, so attendance was lower.

The only reason we really stayed on site was the FP+ at 60 days and EMH. Well they still don't have EMH evening for other guests outside deluxe so even if they change to 4 days advanced booking as compared to off site not sure it's enough to make us book again on site. And morning is now only 30 mins shortening the lead you get.

I do think it's funny talking about a system because most of y'all are people who go multiple times but this is how are trips have been

2011-FP
2017-FP+
2019-MP (at DL)
2022- Genie+ (although we did not use it for this trip I did still learn most of it in case we wanted to use it)

So imagine learning a system to use it once and by the time you get back there again there's a whole new system :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I think I’m in the minority (at least on these boards 😂), but I like Genie+ and hope it doesn’t change significantly. Add tweaks to improve function, sure, but don’t completely rework it. It’s worked beautifully for my group on our last couple trips - we’ve been able to ride everything we want, wait in minimal lines, which gives us the time to enjoy all the other attractions and theming in the parks.

Really hoping the rumors of Genie + turning into more of what FP+ used to look like.
I would love to be able to pick 3 LL's 30 or 60 days ahead of our trip. I know some didn't like it, but I loved walking into a park knowing I had a FP to 3 rides.
I do too, but I'm worried about cost.

I think I’m in the minority (at least on these boards 😂), but I like Genie+ and hope it doesn’t change significantly. Add tweaks to improve function, sure, but don’t completely rework it. It’s worked beautifully for my group on our last couple trips - we’ve been able to ride everything we want, wait in minimal lines, which gives us the time to enjoy all the other attractions and theming in the parks.
I agree. The only thing I'd change is to allow us to book our first attraction ahead of time to avoid the 7 AM wake up call (we are not rope droppers). Beyond that we find it works well for us - especially after they added the modify feature.

I agree. The only thing I'd change is to allow us to book our first attraction ahead of time to avoid the 7 AM wake up call (we are not rope droppers). Beyond that we find it works well for us - especially after they added the modify feature.
Yeah for me it’s given more flexibility to a Disney trip vs what felt like an over structured vacation with FP+.

Just give the ability to get that first selection ahead of time and leave it alone.

Yeah for me it’s given more flexibility to a Disney trip vs what felt like an over structured vacation with FP+.

Just give the ability to get that first selection ahead of time and leave it alone.

I would rather pre-book but if I could use it for the same ride again I'd be happy with whichever way they want to do it.

Last trip I really missed being able to roll fp over and over the last hour and a half on TSMM. If there's availability anyone should be able to book it.

If G+ is going to change, God help us all if it's anything like FP+. I liked FP+ a ton, but I recognize how it only catered to folks who memorized it and lived by it (see defunctland FP video). You're going to run into the same issues that you would have run into with FP+, you may be out of LLs days before your park visits are happening. The other thing about this system that concerns me is pricing, do I now have to buy G+ a week in advance for my entire group?

What I could see be done to Genie+ is not necessarily advanced booking, but day before "preferences" and auto booking. Have Genie+ purchasing time be early in the evening for guests (say 4pm-5pm) and allow them to tier three attractions they want to ride and the time preferences (or opt to get a VQ instead of a LL). At 7am next day, Genie+ will try and reserve your first time slot but will go for the 2nd and 3rd if unavailable. The auto booking could only be available for the first booking of the day. I feel like that is more of a happy medium that allows guests to have some pre-planning abilities without making it a monstrosity of getting ready the week before to book things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter