RUMOR - Jungle Book Alive to close Sept 5th (Mel730 has an update on pg. 5)

If they were to do a soft opening for ROL ..lets say in mid September. If your there, which I will be :)
How would I find out which night or nights? Last year I found about the first unannounced night for the Osborne Lights while I was there from another Dis member who was there. Do they give out that kind of info at the front desk if I asked? Or do I need to talk to a bus driver :rolleyes:

If they were to do a soft opening for ROL ..lets say in mid September. If your there, which I will be :)
How would I find out which night or nights? Last year I found about the first unannounced night for the Osborne Lights while I was there from another Dis member who was there. Do they give out that kind of info at the front desk if I asked? Or do I need to talk to a bus driver :rolleyes:
It's all about luck of the draw. You have to be in the right place at the right time. Twitter, and the dis or sites alike will be your best option. Front desk won't know.

That's a good question. I believe the resorts MAY have any updated park hours posted but not sure about something like that. Maybe you would be able to find something like that on the app?:confused3

Last edited:
Ok... Im new to the disboards. If I happen upon a soft opening during our trip, where should I post something? Where should I look out for posts? Here in Rumors and News?

My fiance and I were in AK the day before they officially opened JB: AWM and we saw the soft opening of the first show they debuted for guests. The way we found out that it was in soft openings was CMs standing in front of the amphitheater telling guests that there would be a performance that night and where the line would form later. If you're there for a soft opening night and you've got keen eyes and ears, you won't miss it!

We were the first ones in the auditorium and some Disney Ops employees sat behind us. There were a few technical glitches that first night, one of the singers was off and the water screens were almost impossible to see but the thrill of being the first to see it made for a really cool night.

Ok... Im new to the disboards. If I happen upon a soft opening during our trip, where should I post something? Where should I look out for posts? Here in Rumors and News?
Where ever you think! However don't expect a soft opening. Latest is October opening and nothing is for sure.

Soft openings do not tend to be announced until a few days before they occur and sometimes only on the day of. I would not hold my breath for a soft opening occurring any sooner then mid October. All talk now has been to have the show opened by the end of October.

Man, I wish it was ready to go, we are leaving in 29 days!!!! I was really hoping for a soft opening by then.

Anyone heard any news about the AK hours getting extended in October? Last I checked they still had a 7pm close for October, how will they do the shows this way?

Anyone heard any news about the AK hours getting extended in October? Last I checked they still had a 7pm close for October, how will they do the shows this way?
Jungle book Alice with magic ends on September 5th. Right now there is no opening date for rivers of light yet most rumors say October. Disney has been updating the calendars late and I think October hours will be updated and extended an hour or two.

Jungle book Alice with magic ends on September 5th. Right now there is no opening date for rivers of light yet most rumors say October. Disney has been updating the calendars late and I think October hours will be updated and extended an hour or two.

Thanks very much! I'll keep my eye out for new hours!

So, I saw the last show last night. I mean the *very* last show. I was able to get in for the 10:30pm show last night at AK. It was very emotional for the cast members as there were a few sitting in the audience in front of me. I could tell by their behavior and the cast members that were part of the show interacted with them. Also, they knew every word and every dance move. When the show ended, you could see a lot of emotion on the performers faces. I felt bad for them, but they really gave it their all this last show.

This was our first time seeing it. I had avoided it because I just had no affinity toward Jungle Book and it didn't strike my fancy. However, I made it a point to see it just to be able to say I saw it.

The costumes are beautiful. Very well done. The music and choreography also outstanding. However, the rest was confusing. There are so many visual elements to look at in this show, it's confusing. The main stage with the singers on it is not visible from the left hand side. I didn't like that. I honestly thought we had grabbed a seat in the middle, but learned a few minutes in, we were in the middle of the left side. There were so many visual elements with this show it was hard to focus on what was happening. You had dancers in front of you, dancers on a barge behind those dancers, then the screen showing the book kinda behind that, then off to your right was the main stage with the singers, and then people coming up and down the steps, aisles.... it was just soooo much. I couldn't focus and had NO idea what was happening. I got the emotions from the music, but my god, what a visual overload.

I kind of expected this to presented something like Fantasmic!, but this was a bit much. It's too bad because I really thought this show might have had some potential. The musicians and dancers were so talented.

Do you think the music and dancing could translate into an entertaining, less stagy area street show? I'm thinking along the lines of what they've done in Africa or at the Epcot countries. Sounds like most people enjoyed that part of the show, but not the visual overload.

So, I saw the last show last night. I mean the *very* last show. I was able to get in for the 10:30pm show last night at AK. It was very emotional for the cast members as there were a few sitting in the audience in front of me. I could tell by their behavior and the cast members that were part of the show interacted with them. Also, they knew every word and every dance move. When the show ended, you could see a lot of emotion on the performers faces. I felt bad for them, but they really gave it their all this last show.

This was our first time seeing it. I had avoided it because I just had no affinity toward Jungle Book and it didn't strike my fancy. However, I made it a point to see it just to be able to say I saw it.

The costumes are beautiful. Very well done. The music and choreography also outstanding. However, the rest was confusing. There are so many visual elements to look at in this show, it's confusing. The main stage with the singers on it is not visible from the left hand side. I didn't like that. I honestly thought we had grabbed a seat in the middle, but learned a few minutes in, we were in the middle of the left side. There were so many visual elements with this show it was hard to focus on what was happening. You had dancers in front of you, dancers on a barge behind those dancers, then the screen showing the book kinda behind that, then off to your right was the main stage with the singers, and then people coming up and down the steps, aisles.... it was just soooo much. I couldn't focus and had NO idea what was happening. I got the emotions from the music, but my god, what a visual overload.

I kind of expected this to presented something like Fantasmic!, but this was a bit much. It's too bad because I really thought this show might have had some potential. The musicians and dancers were so talented.

We had the dining package which put you on the right part of the left side (facing the tree of life) - so we very close to the middle of the overall set-up and could see the main singers pretty well - we largely focused on them and thee dancers in front of us. Maybe it was just lowered expectations but we enjoyed it for what it was. Like you said the musicians and dancers were talented and they definitely were giving it a lot of effort. Just wasn't the best set-up for a show like this

Do you think the music and dancing could translate into an entertaining, less stagy area street show? I'm thinking along the lines of what they've done in Africa or at the Epcot countries. Sounds like most people enjoyed that part of the show, but not the visual overload.
The costumes, music, and dancers were absolutely wonderful, however, I don't think it was something that could be done as a street performance unless they scaled it down in big way.

We had the dining package which put you on the right part of the left side (facing the tree of life) - so we very close to the middle of the overall set-up and could see the main singers pretty well - we largely focused on them and thee dancers in front of us. Maybe it was just lowered expectations but we enjoyed it for what it was. Like you said the musicians and dancers were talented and they definitely were giving it a lot of effort. Just wasn't the best set-up for a show like this

I enjoyed it, but I could honestly tell you I probably wouldn't line up to see it again.

Any inkling as to when ROL will open? I assume they will start prepping for it now that Jungle Book Alive is done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter