RUMOR - Jungle Book Alive to close Sept 5th (Mel730 has an update on pg. 5)

Dfan79

DIS Veteran
CoEVOsLWAAAoewh.jpg

They did some tests for ROL recently. Thank God, maybe they'll get ride that horrible show soon.

They have been testing since the delay was announced they would just do the tests at night while the park is closed. Some issues have been resolved and testing during the day has resumed because they want this show out asap.

Hopefully the new show resembles World of Color more than Jungle Book. Heck I'd take a new version of Fantasmic. The water part never worked effectively and the dancers were and are way too far away from the audience.

Is this in the animal kingdom? I didn't realize they did anything at night. We're going in December. I wonder if they will be doing something then.

Is this in the animal kingdom? I didn't realize they did anything at night. We're going in December. I wonder if they will be doing something then.

Yes. They're currently showing Jungle Book: Alive with Magic, but this new show should be ready by December... barring any additional unforeseen issues

Are people still excited for Rivers of Light considering how underwhelming people said Jungle Book is.

Yes. They're currently showing Jungle Book: Alive with Magic, but this new show should be ready by December... barring any additional unforeseen issues
Is December the current ETA or your guesstimate? I was not-so-secretly hoping ROL would launch by the time I go in late October so just trying to manage my expectations ;)

Animal kingdom started opening at night in April. They have plenty of new nighttime activities.

Is December the current ETA or your guesstimate? I was not-so-secretly hoping ROL would launch by the time I go in late October so just trying to manage my expectations ;)
Rumors say fall so that could be anywhere from September to December.

I honestly wonder if it's going to happen. With the issues they've had with it and Jungle Book being a flop, you have to think maybe they don't want to take they're chances now

They did some tests for ROL recently. Thank God, maybe they'll get ride that horrible show soon.

Thanks for sharing this picture...the pics of the floats out on the water alone makes them look quite a bit smaller than when you see them like this with a person standing next to them for a size perspective...they are much bigger than I thought!

Are people still excited for Rivers of Light considering how underwhelming people said Jungle Book is.

Jungle Book was thrown together at the last minute and put into a venue that it wasn't designed for. I see no reason to be overly concerned about River of Light.

Thanks for sharing this picture...the pics of the floats out on the water alone makes them look quite a bit smaller than when you see them like this with a person standing next to them for a size perspective...they are much bigger than I thought!

haha no prob, I didn't even notice the peeps. The flower does look humongous next to them.

That looks to be the centerpiece for the show. Seems much larger than what we've seen before.

RiversOfLight_Floats_03232016-4.jpg

This photo is from the spring while they were still constructing the theater, before the show was cancelled. Just want to FYI so that no one thinks there is construction still happening back there. Blog Mickey posted the recent and past photos of testing to compare.

Mike @ Blog Mickey‏@Blog_Mickey
Looks like our first look at the RoL centerpiece. New image is what they're testing now, 2nd is what they've tested

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter