ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha! What were they thinking? If they knew how much good info you pass on each day, you'd think they'd put you on speed dial for major changes :thumbsup2 Good thought on giving them a call. I doubt they have that many, so we're probably already assigned. Super excited we had enough miles/rewards to splurge on one for the week. I'll take a lot of pics. And, if I can negotiate doing another TR with my better half, I'll get 'em up there....

The HS is very nice. Are you doing both connected rooms or just one.

We stayed in the presidential suite just over a year ago and is was unbelievable.

The HS is very nice. Are you doing both connected rooms or just one.

We stayed in the presidential suite just over a year ago and is was unbelievable.

Just the one King connecting room- didn't have enough miles for the 2nd!

Loews does Suites quite well. The only problem is how much it can spoil you once you get a taste.....

I can only guess how nice the Presidential is - that had to be a blast.

T3 has one of the suites, unless that is going to change with the remodeling.

i had talked to RPH and was told T3 would be first in line for the remodeling.
they forgot to call me and let me know they changed their mind and going with T1 instead........lol

when the hotel remodels, they usually start with one floor and when completed, move on to another floor.

since i'm not there at the hotel right now, not sure if that pattern is going to be the same this year.

have you already booked the HPS?
you can call and ask the front desk for the locations of those suites if you want to know before you arrive.

How long does it usually take to complete an entire tower renovation? If they have started on tower 1, when should they finish that? Each time we have stayed at the RPR, we have been in Tower 1 with a standard room with park view and we loved it :love:! Ordinarily I would request this again but I don't think I want to be surrounded by ongoing renovations :scared:.

i would think the reno will go fast as they are stripping everything out of the rooms for a complete redo.
new decor, furniture, carpeting, window dressings, etc.

i would think that doing one floor at a time would go fast.

i can only guess how long it would take each floor to be completed.

if you called the hotel and talked to the front end manager at the front desk, their info would be more valid than mine.

if you are concerned about T1 being completed prior to your stay, you might be able to get the info on that when you call.

i would think the reno will go fast as they are stripping everything out of the rooms for a complete redo.
new decor, furniture, carpeting, window dressings, etc.

i would think that doing one floor at a time would go fast.

i can only guess how long it would take each floor to be completed.

if you called the hotel and talked to the front end manager at the front desk, their info would be more valid than mine.

if you are concerned about T1 being completed prior to your stay, you might be able to get the info on that when you call.

Thanks. I'll do that before making any requests.

I just made my 4 day reservation for RPR for this August....can't wait! The website (including youfirst) only allowed for requests of high vs low floor and which newspaper. I made my booking and then phoned the resort with my additional requests including a high floor, quiet room away from the elevators, with theme park view. The representative was quite pleasant and receptive and had no trouble noting my extra requests. Also, since my DD12 is a type 1 diabetic, I was reassured that they would provide a refidgerator at no charge to store her insulin in. I didn't request a specific tower just in case tower 1 is still under renovation. I'll let the gods figure it out. Now come on August!!!! :dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

We are checking in on 1/29 for three nights. I just called and requested upper floor in tower two or three. We have two king garden rooms reserved. What type of view can I expect??

My family stayed at RPR in late November and we loved the hotel. Very walkable to the parks and the staff were very nice and pleasant. We stayed in Tower 1.

We stayed in tower 2 on the second floor 1/2-1/3 and had the very end room with a view of.................shrubs, trees and a little bit of a bridge!

We are checking in on 1/29 for three nights. I just called and requested upper floor in tower two or three. We have two king garden rooms reserved. What type of view can I expect??

We were given a 5th floor room in tower three, also a king room. I'd suspect it was a garden view - it overlooked a courtyard which had pathways leading to what I believe was tower 1, which we could also view. We could also see the highway immediately to the right, but it was a bit in the distance and not an issue. View was fine.

Has anyone ver stayed in an ADA compliant room with a roll-in shower? I just noticed we were put in one for our next trip. I didn't request one, as there is no need. I think they put us in it because it's a water view and we are Gold-level Loews first member. Wondering now what these rooms are like. Can anyone tell me?

I heard there are Keurigs in the rooms? Just wanted to check, we drink a lot of coffee, and want to know if we should bring extra k-cups.

I heard there are Keurigs in the rooms? Just wanted to check, we drink a lot of coffee, and want to know if we should bring extra k-cups.

Yes there are keurigs. They gave us a tea and assorted coffees each day. One day there was one decaf. The next there were three. (The rest being caffeine and the tea) Neither combo was perfectly useful to us so we were glad we had our own to supplement. You can ask for more than they provide each day, but you pay for the extra. We rarely catch our housekeeper to put in specific requests, and I personally have never found Star Services to be helpful, so I just bring my own to supplement whatever they choose to bring each day.

Yes there are keurigs. They gave us a tea and assorted coffees each day. One day there was one decaf. The next there were three. (The rest being caffeine and the tea) Neither combo was perfectly useful to us so we were glad we had our own to supplement. You can ask for more than they provide each day, but you pay for the extra. We rarely catch our housekeeper to put in specific requests, and I personally have never found Star Services to be helpful, so I just bring my own to supplement whatever they choose to bring each day.

Thanks so much. Exactly what I was thinking. I am coffee picky so I need my own stash.

My daughter is getting married at RPR next week. We have stayed there many times but never in a Hospitality Suite. The adjoining room reservation says water view.

Are these suites all scattered throught the three buildings? Does the water view assignment give any clues to its location? Have any been remodeled yet? Should we request any specific suite? Do they put the rest of the group nearby?

Thanks everyone!

Has anyone ver stayed in an ADA compliant room with a roll-in shower? I just noticed we were put in one for our next trip.e?

We have not at RP but have at HRH which is pretty similar in layout. We asked to be moved after we saw the room. They had taken the table and chair out yo have more room and the entire bathroom is essentially a shower without an enclosure. I hate being cold and wet and felt like that would happen. I personally would prefer no view to a roll in shower shower room with a view.

My daughter is getting married at RPR next week. We have stayed there many times but never in a Hospitality Suite. The adjoining room reservation says water view.

Are these suites all scattered throught the three buildings? Does the water view assignment give any clues to its location? Have any been remodeled yet? Should we request any specific suite? Do they put the rest of the group nearby?

Thanks everyone!

i would call your wedding planner for help with this.
is the planner aware you have a preference for the rooms to be connected or together, or a specific view?

a water view can be of the pools or canals.

Stayed at the RPR this weekend and the renovations are currently being done on the top three floors of tower one. It is easy to see at night as it looks like they have some kind of permit on the windows.

Can't wait to see what the new rooms look like in person! I LOVE RPR, but the rooms were desperately in need of an update. :thumbsup2 Maybe I'll get a new room when I go back in March. :goodvibes

We are planning to stay on-site Universal for the first night of our next trip. Since I have not done this before, I have a coupld questions. We will be going early spring break 2016.

1. How do you all book your hotel for Universal. I know with Disney, I book on the website as soon as it is available and just pray for a discount to present itself.

2. It will be me, DH and DD(17) going. They are more interested in the thrill rides. If we get there around 10am and "check in", do you 1 and 1/2 days will be enough to see everything since we will have the express passes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter