ROFR Thread September-December 2015 *PLEASE USE NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny Mac - AKV- 170- Feb-$80- $14084- 0/14, 0/15, 16/16, 170/17- sent September 16

Buyer pays closing ($484) and seller pays 2016 maintenance fees.
First post on these boards. Got a lot of good info in making this decision to jump into DVC! Very hopeful that it passes!!!

WhalerFan---$78-$16,380-210-OKW-Jun-210/'15, 210/'16, 210/'17-sent 8/24 -passed 8/19

Second time was the charm! Delighted to get these addons to our other OKW contracts.
You passed before it was sent to rofr? Let me know your secret!! Haha. Congrats! Assuming you passed today. Makes me a tad more hopeful for my $79 OKW.

Danny Mac - AKV- 170- Feb-$80- $14084- 0/14, 0/15, 16/16, 170/17- sent September 16

Buyer pays closing ($484) and seller pays 2016 maintenance fees.
First post on these boards. Got a lot of good info in making this decision to jump into DVC! Very hopeful that it passes!!!

Welcome and best of luck! I think you will be just fine for ROFR as they really don't buy back AKL :).

Disneycouple99---$80-$9,055-100-AKV-Dec-0/'14, 100/'15, 100/'16-sent 7/1,passed 7/27

Congratulations!!! This looks like it was an add-on :)?

So awesome...and you didn't even have to wait until your bday for this gift!!! Congrats!
Thank you so much!!!

Rovitm-$90-$8,100-SSR-Dec-90/'15, 90/'16
Buyer pays closing costs; seller paid 2015 dues-sent 9/16

Hi everyone!

I am working on pulling together all of the data for September ROFRs and if I find the time, I will include August as well over the next few days. Please use this thread for all ROFR-related data. I realize that there is nothing on the first few pages yet, please bear with me as this is a work in progress :)!

Just a reminder if you post your details: I need your username-resort-# of points-UY-cost per point- total cost including MF, closing, etc.- #/14, #15, #16 and so on- date sent

Then come back and post whether you passed or not. Or I will chase you down! Just kidding. But, in the spirit of helping everyone who uses this thread as a resource, please do let us know whether or not Disney waived your contract so that the data is complete.

Sample:

pangyal- VGF- 219 Guaranteed Week- Aug-$144- $33296- 113/14, 219/15, 219/16, 219/17- sent August 24, passed Sept. 16

Mickeyman AKV 160 August $75- $12,000 0/15 160/16 160/17 sent Sep 15th

Alrighty everyone, I've updated from August 1st. I don't think I missed anyone, but if I did, let me know!

Ours did not pass.

Our broker said that he didn't expect them to take it but lately they've been taking more OKW. I had a bad feeling about this. Ugh. He found us another good contract so we'll move forward but I was hoping for the best. He said that he did not expect them to take ours at $79/point and he was really surprised.

Ours did not pass.

Our broker said that he didn't expect them to take it but lately they've been taking more OKW. I had a bad feeling about this. Ugh. He found us another good contract so we'll move forward but I was hoping for the best. He said that he did not expect them to take ours at $79/point and he was really surprised.
OMG!!! I'm so very sorry :-(

Ours did not pass.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Ugh! So sorry. I was hoping they had taking OKW out of their system by now!

Last edited:
Thanks! The only thing that makes me feel better is that there's another contract out there that will be perfect for us. It's just the waiting game that sucks! It was really a perfect contract with 2015 points coming in December. I'm happy for the sellers that they were able to get rid of it but back to waiting for us. :(

Hey everyone! First, thank you all for sharing your info and thanks Pangyal for taking over this discussion. Second - I have a question and you all seem to be the knowledgeable ones to ask, although I may not be in the right place to ask. (Please forgive me!) My DH and I are looking to purchase VWL and attempted to make an offer today, but we were told by the broker that any offer less that $90pp has been taken. I'm been following along various discussions on different forums, and have only seen one that was taken ($90pp for 60pts). I know I've seen several VWL in the last few months go for less that $90pp. Can anyone shed some insight onto this bit of advice we were given? Could this be the broker's way of trying to get a higher price for his listing or could he really have inside information that hasn't been represented on the various boards? TIA!

Hey everyone! First, thank you all for sharing your info and thanks Pangyal for taking over this discussion. Second - I have a question and you all seem to be the knowledgeable ones to ask, although I may not be in the right place to ask. (Please forgive me!) My DH and I are looking to purchase VWL and attempted to make an offer today, but we were told by the broker that any offer less that $90pp has been taken. I'm been following along various discussions on different forums, and have only seen one that was taken ($90pp for 60pts). I know I've seen several VWL in the last few months go for less that $90pp. Can anyone shed some insight onto this bit of advice we were given? Could this be the broker's way of trying to get a higher price for his listing or could he really have inside information that hasn't been represented on the various boards? TIA!
to my knowledge only the one you mentioned has been taken in the past year on these boards. Ours passed ROFR on 8/24 at $85 pp

Thanks pangyal for taking over the thread ! Super glad to see my fellow BLT folks passing ROFR...figure we have another three weeks until we get the good news ! I of course am thinking positively pixiedust:

jay42k- BCV- 220- Oct- $105- $23100- 57/15, 163/16, 220/17- sent August 20

I have seen a number of VWL pass below $90/pt in the past few months, so I would definitely look at that piece of advice with a grain of salt! Good luck with your search :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter