ROFR Thread April to June 2016 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, some amazing news over the past two weeks- and OMGGGGG @gr8tdame I honestly have no words. But I am confident that we will meet at Boardwalk as neighbours soon (sorry, @ScubaCat I meant to say neighbors..lol). @ruthma I am hoping this is a more successful try for you! And at long last, @Tardisblue has an answer, and a great one at that!

Good luck to everyone who is waiting, and a HUGE congratulations to everyone who passed over the past two weeks :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:!

I hope nobody minds if I don't quote and reply to each post from the past week like I usually like to do. That was a lot of ROFR traffic to cover :p!

I am trying so, so hard to stop myself from thinking about buying BCV points. I don't think we need any more 2042 resorts, but that pool...that pool...sigh.

I am trying so, so hard to stop myself from thinking about buying BCV points. I don't think we need any more 2042 resorts, but that pool...that pool...sigh.

BCV is our favourite. :-) Especially the lazy river... and the 3 hot tubs... and the water falls..... and Hurricane Hannah's.... beaches & cream.... Who needs it anyway??

Good luck!

Could I ask you to please use the formatting tool on the first page? I just have so many posts to enter and it would make my life SO much easier...thanks :flower1:!

You got it! I don't know how I missed the "tool," I just didn't read far enough and just tried to follow the format written. Sorry about that. Here you go:

DizKrazKate---$100-$27348-250-BWV-Jun-250/15, 250/16, 250/17- sent 5/31

Well at least I have my AKV contract. I almost was going to buy. BCV contract...there are some really good ones out there but Dh has his heart set on BW... I will keep looking but unwilling to pay BCV or BL prices for BW contract.
Don't worry eventually I will get a BWV contract.
Dh feels I may be targeted by DVD because I got a travel writer and consumer advocate involved during the rule change fiasco in April.
I think it was that They were looking for 150 pt contracts and maybe a December 200 pt contract.
If my next contract gets taken I am sure to set an all time record. LOL

Dh feels I may be targeted by DVD because I got a travel writer and consumer advocate involved during the rule change fiasco in April.

That has nothing to do with it. It's all a business transaction. They flipped those contracts for $160/point right away after closing on the buybacks.

Keep this in mind: When you buy direct, you get the current UY points right away. Thus, any contract with all current UY points are a prime target to be bought back because they can be immediately resold, whereas any current UY points that are already spent can't be resold until the next UY. For instance, suppose they buy back a 200 point contract with only 50 points available in the current UY. They can resell 50 points worth of contract(s) immediately (in any increments they want), however, they have to sit on and assume liability for the other 150 until the following year.

That has nothing to do with it. It's all a business transaction. They flipped those contracts for $160/point right away after closing on the buybacks.

Keep this in mind: When you buy direct, you get the current UY points right away. Thus, any contract with all current UY points are a prime target to be bought back because they can be immediately resold, whereas any current UY points that are already spent can't be resold until the next UY. For instance, suppose they buy back a 200 point contract with only 50 points available in the current UY. They can resell 50 points worth of contract(s) immediately (in any increments they want), however, they have to sit on and assume liability for the other 150 until the following year.
I think you are right... When these contracts were grabbed people were still able to book for the FW...they were before the 7 month mark..and Disney had a waitlist for BW contracts when I called them re a direct purchase.

I think you are right... When these contracts were grabbed people were still able to book for the FW...they were before the 7 month mark..and Disney had a waitlist for BW contracts when I called them re a direct purchase.

I doubt the booking part is relevant, to be honest, but the wait list definitely is. Contrary to what others have posted, while I don't believe it's "required", nowadays DVD always matches up the residential unit # when you buy direct add-ons as well. So, the unit # people are waiting for is a big factor as well. Unit # is irrelevant to us as owners, but is important to DVD.

since I've come out of lurking anyway - here's our info:

penguin_mint---$84-$13959-160-AKV-Feb-0/15, 4/16, 160/17, 160/18- sent 3/30, passed 4/21

I've been lurking here for a month and have learned so much!!! Ready to share my first contract. Fingers crossed.

Dream big---$73-$17392-220-OKW-Jun-0/15, 29/16, 220/17- sent 5/17

Pretty good deal - good luck! I had one taken in the high 60's a year ago hopefully you will fare better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter