ROFR Thread April to June 2016 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time buyer... what is the likely hood this will pass? I was told Disney is buying everything under 100 points.

Disneymarcy- $85-$7253-75-SSR-AUG-75/16, 75/17- SENT 4/26

First time buyer... what is the likely hood this will pass? I was told Disney is buying everything under 100 points.

I suggest you look at the first page of this thread. You can see recent transactions that have passed, and recent transactions that have been taken. Disney works in mysterious ways. It is hard to reduce it to a formula.

First time going through this process and I think I've aged 10 years in the past 10 days! The waiting is excruciating and I've become obsessed with reading everything I can. So far these boards have been the one thing that help...along with a cocktail or two so I decided to participate rather than just stalk.

$85-$22545.80-240-AKV-DEC-43/14,179/15,240/16,240/17-SENT 4/20
And stalk you shall!! :goodvibes To keep your mind on other things, there are some other great threads on DISBoards to occupy your time... Have fun exploring!!

Passed 4/21.
I have been worried about this, and the TimeShare Store never notified me that I had passed. They did not respond to my email on Wednesday asking about it. I finally called today, and they said, "Oh yeah Disney waived on 4/21. Didn't you get an email?"
#not-impressed

My second contract, although I did know about ROFR passing, I did not learn we had closed until the contract showed up in my account! :rotfl2: It's just become an amusing story I get to share now and then. :goodvibes It was also back in the day where a closing happened within a few days of everyone returning their docs.

But this was not TTS who I have also had transactions buying and selling with and have generally fine (once my original agent retired - he was very so-so and I couldn't seem to escape him!)

Disney never buys back everything of anything. All you can do is see if the dart lands on your contract or not but it's certainly not 100% that it won't pass. Probably not even 50%.

First time going through this process and I think I've aged 10 years in the past 10 days! The waiting is excruciating and I've become obsessed with reading everything I can. So far these boards have been the one thing that help...along with a cocktail or two so I decided to participate rather than just stalk.

$85-$22545.80-240-AKV-DEC-43/14,179/15,240/16,240/17-SENT 4/20
These threads def help....along with cocktails! The next step of waiting is slightly easier because you already know it's yours but nonetheless excruciating....in the most exciting kinda way!:banana:

85 at ssr should be fine. Plus there aren't a bunch of banked points, etc... From what I can tell disney sends the contracts through a few different departments, Any one of which can take it, but rarely does.
My feeling is one of them can buy on price, one can buy on existing demand or waitlist demand, one can buy on if it completes a large block of saleable properties, and one can buy it if the buyer isnt one they want.
Good luck!

That is an AWESOME price and it would take quite a few years of "perks" to even come near to catching up to your savings :flower:!
I thought so too! The seller was motivated. Now I have to hope Disney doesn't exercise their ROFR. From what I have seen, other contracts of similar value have passed... what they take seems pretty random from $ perspective.

:thumbsup2 I have the Disney Debit card from Chase that gives many of the same discounts that we lose. I think anyone can get it with a Chase checking account. The AP price difference is around $100, and I used it once before but the APs really require you visit more than 10 days a year, which many don't. Losing the incidental benefits probably costs me around $10 a year...thanks, but it's resale for me :goodvibes.
I got an application for a Chase Disney Visa credit card in the mail, and it seems to have a lot of the benefits as well. Discounts on dining and merchandise. Reward dollars you can use towards tickets and resort stays. Disney character meet 'n' greet. Stuff like that. Seems like it might be a good compliment to buying resale, so you can still get some benefits.

First time buyer, I wish we would have got in before 4/4 to get the extra benefits but we are still looking forward to many great vacations.

dbs1- $120 -$16341-125-BLT-DEC - 125/15, 125/16, 125/17- sent 4/16

Where is Disney selling the contracts they are scooping back up? And I am sure they are slapping the $168/pt values (or whatever it is today) on their resale.

Is disney buying any pvb contracts back since they are still selling the resort? We want a good deal but do not want disney to rofr on us! I don't see any on the first page. Wondering what a good offer price is?

Ruthma $83- $8805 - 100 - OKW - Sept - 100/2016 100/2017 seller paying 2016 MF sent April 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter