Riding Skyliner

diznish

Earning My Ears
If I just want to take a ride on the skyliner, would resort security let us park to do that? don't have tickets to the parks otherwise would just go to HS/Epcot and do that.

If I just want to take a ride on the skyliner, would resort security let us park to do that? don't have tickets to the parks otherwise would just go to HS/Epcot and do that.
Probably not. They tend to be pretty strict about parking at resorts that are close to the parks or on the Skyliner route because some people will try to avoid the parking fee at the parks by doing this. If you are staying at a Disney resort, you can park at HS for no additional cost and ride the Skyliner from there.

If you have dining reservations at any of the skyliner resort restaurants you can park there without issue. I would include boardwalk/yacht/beach club as it's just a short
walk to the Epcot skyliner from those locations. That way you could have lunch/dinner then ride the skyliner.

I know this is a little more travel time, but if you didn't want to pay to park at HS, and you're not staying on property, you could park at Disney Springs and bus over to HS, Riviera, Yacht Club, or Pop where you could ride.
I would add this caveat for OP though - I don't personally think the Skyliner is thrilling enough for that much legwork ;)

I'm with Wiltony. I love the Skyliner and think it's worth the trip.

Since it's unlikely security will let you park at a Skyliner resort taking a bus from Disney Springs to POP would work. It actually makes a fun afternoon.

Just keep an eye on the weather - you don't want to get stuck outside EPCOT and not be able to get back to your car, wherever it is parked. Skyliner shuts down if there are thunderstorms/winds in the area, and when we were there in July, it was shut down a lot. We were staying at CBR and had to walk to the front of EPCOT to get a bus back to the resort.

Does anybody know the skyliner Hours of Operation in the mornings... Can you take the skyliner from Epcot to Hollywood studios if you want to rope drop HS?

Does anybody know the skyliner Hours of Operation in the mornings... Can you take the skyliner from Epcot to Hollywood studios if you want to rope drop HS?
It is one hour prior to park opening but it may change due to weather

You could, but I can’t think of a scenario why you’d need to go to the Epcot station to get to HS for rope drop. Am I not thinking of something?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter