Princess Weekend 2024!

Hey everybody! My race was good yesterday. This was a crazy trip. I flew in Friday night, and got on the shuttle to MCO at 10:45am on Sunday. But I have my C2C medal and nobody can take that away from me!

One reason I love this race: The corrals are so friendly! I chatted with strangers most of the time I was waiting around in the corral. It really made time fly.

Somebody from FL please explain to me how it still felt humid at 50 degrees? That was unexpected. Still great race weather.

I didn't stop for any pictures until Spaceship Earth. However: I don't think they were letting runners go into the hub area in front of the castle to get pics at the time I went through?? Can anybody confirm this, was anybody else talking about it? I noticed people around me wanting to make that left out of the castle and they were waving us to the right. This was really early, about 50-55 min after the A Corral let out. I don't know if they weren't set up properly yet, or if I'm just imagining things. There were definitely PhotoPass photographers getting action shots as you come through as always.

I have to confess here: I did a terrible thing going down Main Street. I waved my arm out wide to wave to somebody in the crowd and poked a runner in the eye, that was zooming past me on the left!! I want to die. She said she was fine but I was behind her for about a quarter mile going through Tomorrowland and she was still rubbing her eye. Such an amateur move on my part and I'm worried I ruined the rest of her race, or at least her time in MK. If you see anybody on social media complaining about getting poked in the eye, tell her I feel terrible and she can poke me in the eye if she ever sees me again! I deserve it, I can't believe I made such a breach of race etiquette. Kids, keep those arms in! Don't do what I did!
Ooch. At least you didn’t poke Mike Wazowski…

So got an unexpcted update for me. I had a bike person coming out to check the chair and true the wheel. Found out that the wheel is flat out bent. So I'm going to have to get the wheel rebuilt.

Good news is it should only take a couple of weeks once I have the tires in my hand.

I don't think this was caused by Princess. I don't think it was helped. But I had noticed something was going on with the wheel before the 5k that it shouldn't have been doing. Which predates the incident. United did damage my chair to the point of nearly being unable to race Marine Corps. So I suspect this is a remnent of that whole issue. Or a combination of some sort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter