Princess Weekend 2024!

prncssjas

Running, Disney, Aladdin...
Well, it's never too early to plan for 2024 in the RunDisney world! 🤩 I searched and didn't find a thread started so LET'S DO THIS!

Who is planning to register and/or run Princess weekend 2024? DH and I will want to do the half again but not sure about the challenge.

Does anyone want to guess which princesses will host next year? I am hoping to see Snow White as the half princess.

Would be nice to see Snow and Aurora too since they haven't been in for awhile, right?
I don't recall Snow White but I think Aurora was the challenge princess this year? Last year? I have never run the challenge before.

Merida would be awesome to host--not sure if she ever has. But I do understand--if it's your princess, you have to do it! We only did 5k this year because Princess Jasmine was host. 🤣

I think Aurora was the challenge princess this year?

Aurora was the princess for the half in 2019 and the fairies were the challenge in 2020.

Right now, my plan is to register for the challenge to finish up my Coast-to-Coast challenge. I'm hoping that my best friend, who is running her first half marathon at Disneyland, will take the plunge and sign up for the challenge as well.

I don't recall Snow White but I think Aurora was the challenge princess this year? Last year? I have never run the challenge before.

Merida would be awesome to host--not sure if she ever has. But I do understand--if it's your princess, you have to do it! We only did 5k this year because Princess Jasmine was host. 🤣
Merida was for the 10k a few years ago....2017 maybe?

I'm planning to sign up for the half! It will be my first. Gotta hit up Dopey Badger for a training plan later this year. :)

I don't care much about the themes, but Snow White is my favorite princess, so I'm hoping for her!

Past themes, since they started using different princesses for each race:

2023: 5k Jasmine, 10k Belle, half Moana, challenge Cinderella
2022: 5k Cinderella, 10k Tiana, half Mulan, challenge Moana
2021 virtual: 5k Ariel, 10k Rapunzel, half Belle, challenge Tiana
2020: 5k Moana, 10k Pocahontas, half Cinderella, challenge Sleeping Beauty's 3 fairies
2019: 5k Elena, 10k Mulan, half Aurora, challenge Jasmine
2018: 5k Rapunzel, 10k Merida, half Snow White, challenge Cinderella

Watch them use Moana for the 10k, just so she will have finally been on all the distances. I'm only half-joking. Snow White is way overdue , as is Merida.

Past themes, since they started using different princesses for each race:

2023: 5k Jasmine, 10k Belle, half Moana, challenge Cinderella
2022: 5k Cinderella, 10k Tiana, half Mulan, challenge Moana
2021 virtual: 5k Ariel, 10k Rapunzel, half Belle, challenge Tiana
2020: 5k Moana, 10k Pocahontas, half Cinderella, challenge Sleeping Beauty's 3 fairies
2019: 5k Elena, 10k Mulan, half Aurora, challenge Jasmine
2018: 5k Rapunzel, 10k Merida, half Snow White, challenge Cinderella

Watch them use Moana for the 10k, just so she will have finally been on all the distances. I'm only half-joking. Snow White is way overdue , as is Merida.
Thanks for the history--I was hoping someone here knew this--and yes, way overdue for some princesses...and I wonder if we will ever see Ariel?! Maybe? Here's hoping!

Tentatively planning on the challenge for 2024 but have definite preferences as to characters, i.e. old Disney (Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora) is not very appealing. Also I had to look up who Elena was - seems like kind of an odd choice?

Personally I would love some combination of Mulan/Merida/Rapunzel/Moana/Tiana, but I know most of those have been used several times recently and a lot of people are a little over it at this point. We'll see what we get!

Tentatively planning on the challenge for 2024 but have definite preferences as to characters, i.e. old Disney (Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora) is not very appealing. Also I had to look up who Elena was - seems like kind of an odd choice?

Personally I would love some combination of Mulan/Merida/Rapunzel/Moana/Tiana, but I know most of those have been used several times recently and a lot of people are a little over it at this point. We'll see what we get!
Elena kinda makes sense for the 5K, since the younger kids can do that one, but she would definitely be an odd choice for any of the longer races

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter