Pop Century Room Renovations

I'm doing online checkin for a stay in two weeks and my only options are 80s, 50s, near stairs, highest floor, ground floor. Why would 90s and 70s not be available?

Would this be due to the volume of requests to stay in the 90s and 70s sections?

The room request options during Online Check In have always been odd to me. Quite often they don't make sense. For example "near elevator" or "higher floor" at resorts that don't have elevators and only 2 floors. It's the main reason why I have always phoned in our room requests.

I'm doing online checkin for a stay in two weeks and my only options are 80s, 50s, near stairs, highest floor, ground floor. Why would 90s and 70s not be available?
Probably a glitch. We did online check in a couple of days ago and all of the decades were available. We chose 50's section because we want an old room to prevent injuries (my mom is a HUGE clutz)

Construction photo, the 8 foot wall (blocks firework views), the renderings on the wall showing it as a two cable so wondering about what happens at each station...

I believe one line comes in and one line goes out. For these type of gondolas they are kind of like omnimovers. The line continuously moves in a loop...the cable is continuous. Hope that makes sense. So there is only one station, two loading areas, one for unloading and one for loading.

I believe one line comes in and one line goes out. For these type of gondolas they are kind of like omnimovers. The line continuously moves in a loop...the cable is continuous. Hope that makes sense. So there is only one station, two loading areas, one for unloading and one for loading.

Oh I completely get that, been on a few ........ which is why I am wondering what happens at each station. When I get on at POP, will I have to get off at CBR and then get on another for DHS or Epcot .... I can't imagine this is continuous so that if I were going to Epcot I'd have to travel to DHS first and now CMs are having to figure out who is staying on or getting off. If I do have to change what does this mean at Riviera as well. Could POP to Epcot mean two transfers? The renderings make it look like a very simplistic system, which wouldn't necessarily mean it's an efficient ride from a guest point of view.

Oh I completely get that, been on a few ........ which is why I am wondering what happens at each station. When I get on at POP, will I have to get off at CBR and then get on another for DHS or Epcot .... I can't imagine this is continuous so that if I were going to Epcot I'd have to travel to DHS first and now CMs are having to figure out who is staying on or getting off. If I do have to change what does this mean at Riviera as well. Could POP to Epcot mean two transfers? The renderings make it look like a very simplistic system, which wouldn't necessarily mean it's an efficient ride from a guest point of view.

Ah...I get what you're saying now. Yeah, not sure how they are going to handle the different stations.

I've been following a huge thread about this on another board and the consensus is that there will be three separate lines: Pop/AoA to CBR, CBR to DHS and CBR to Epcot. Riviera is expected to be a mid-way station on the CBR-Epcot line, but details are not public at this point. Going from Pop/AoA to DHS or Epcot will mean going to CBR first and then transferring to your desired park line. CBR will be the hub, but it's not clear how the queues etc. will work. The system is expected to have a huge, possibly unprecedented, hourly capacity. Numbers of 4 to 5000 people per hour per individual line and direction have been thrown around, which is the equivalent of 80 to a 100 buses per hour per direction if you assume 50 people per bus. There may be wait times at peak moments (at park closure), but overall this should become a fantastic system with short wait times, short rides, and best of all: a continuously moving queue. Oh, and the gondalas will be in the secure zone, so no more going through security at DHS or IG. Pop's about to get popular!

I've been following a huge thread about this on another board and the consensus is that there will be three separate lines: Pop/AoA to CBR, CBR to DHS and CBR to Epcot. Riviera is expected to be a mid-way station on the CBR-Epcot line, but details are not public at this point. Going from Pop/AoA to DHS or Epcot will mean going to CBR first and then transferring to your desired park line. CBR will be the hub, but it's not clear how the queues etc. will work. The system is expected to have a huge, possibly unprecedented, hourly capacity. Numbers of 4 to 5000 people per hour per individual line and direction have been thrown around, which is the equivalent of 80 to a 100 buses per hour per direction if you assume 50 people per bus. There may be wait times at peak moments (at park closure), but overall this should become a fantastic system with short wait times, short rides, and best of all: a continuously moving queue. Oh, and the gondalas will be in the secure zone, so no more going through security at DHS or IG. Pop's about to get popular!

Glad they have all that confidence in this .... I don't. POP guests queuing up with AoA guests to get on to small gondolas .... then getting off and joining all the folks at CBR to then get on to another gondola ....

Why would they make all of them have almost exactly the same room? That kind of takes away from the theming IMO.

Because Disney is doing this at all the resorts, the rooms are all becoming very generic to the point there will be no theme. Many could be any room at any hotel on/off property. Sad because one reason to stay at a Disney hotel is the theme and bubble - because the rooms themselves are usually lower quality than a comparably priced offsite hotel.

Look at this new deluxe room ................... hard to tell where it's from.

gF.jpg

Glad they have all that confidence in this .... I don't. POP guests queuing up with AoA guests to get on to small gondolas .... then getting off and joining all the folks at CBR to then get on to another gondola ....

Because Disney is doing this at all the resorts, the rooms are all becoming very generic to the point there will be no theme. Many could be any room at any hotel on/off property. Sad because one reason to stay at a Disney hotel is the theme and bubble - because the rooms themselves are usually lower quality than a comparably priced offsite hotel.

View attachment 298203
What hotel is that even in?

View attachment 298203

GF? Not that I would know personally, but for some reason the orange color made me think of that resort...

Hmm, are they going to remodel the special apartment inside Cinderella's castle too? After it's finished, it might look like an apartment composed entirely of IKEA floor model displays.

I, too, have a lot of confidence in it. I personally did a quick analysis on potential bottle necks and because CBR and Riviera will only make up roughly 30% of the traffic, with Pop and AoA taking the other 70% so for every gondala arriving at CBR from Pop/Aoa, there will only be people waiting for every other, or even every third gondola at CBR on average when you take into account that Riviera will have its own stop.
As far as Pop guests queuing up with AoA guests goes: have you ever seen 20 buses per hour leave for the same park at any resort? That's what this capacity is: 20 buses per hour per park per resort, so 80 buses an hour between Pop an AoA. Never have I seen enough people show up at the same time at any resort bus stop at the same time to fill that capacity.

I, too, have a lot of confidence in it. I personally did a quick analysis on potential bottle necks and because CBR and Riviera will only make up roughly 30% of the traffic, with Pop and AoA taking the other 70% so for every gondala arriving at CBR from Pop/Aoa, there will only be people waiting for every other, or even every third gondola at CBR on average when you take into account that Riviera will have its own stop.
As far as Pop guests queuing up with AoA guests goes: have you ever seen 20 buses per hour leave for the same park at any resort? That's what this capacity is: 20 buses per hour per park per resort, so 80 buses an hour between Pop an AoA. Never have I seen enough people show up at the same time at any resort bus stop at the same time to fill that capacity.

Again, I don't have confidence in this or the numbers. Let them prove me wrong but .... honestly it doesn't matter to me other than being a stockholder that would rather see investments in the parks that benefits more people. I will never get on it. I'm not going to be swinging up there in FL thunder/lightning storms, on hot days or with big crowds making evacs very difficult. I avoid the monorail at all costs, they have no evacuation plan for it and as we've seen don't maintain it, nor care that there is a safety issue and still let it leave the station.

Will those gondolas be operating during thunderstorms and high winds?
I'm not going to hijack this thread, so if you want to know more I'll gladly refer you to the gondola thread over at WDWmagic. Anything you can possibly think of has been discussed there. Obviously WDW's future operating procedures are unknown but these systems are designed to operate in the mountains, so they can take a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter