** Picture of the Day 3 **

The Vatican from my room...

DSC_0057.jpg

Aurora Australis - For those interested in the techno side of things, the KP readings were 7.0 when I raced down to a south-facing beach to try and capture Aurora Australis. At this level, the Aurora is not visible to the naked eye in Melbourne but they are visible to a camera sensor (with the help of LightRoom processing). Hoping for another favourable night tonight.

Aurora Australis - For those interested in the techno side of things, the KP readings were 7.0 when I raced down to a south-facing beach to try and capture Aurora Australis. At this level, the Aurora is not visible to the naked eye in Melbourne but they are visible to a camera sensor (with the help of LightRoom processing). Hoping for another favourable night tonight.

Very cool!

Limestone caves? I could google it....but how extensive are they?

Yes, PIO, they are limestone. Not really extensive - about 6 'rooms'. They are more extensive caverns here in the States. The 'rooms' are ABOUT 30'+ high. The limestone caves we have visited here look totally different than the volcanic one we visited in Madeira. The photo below is aimed toward the ceiling of Indian Echo Cavern.

28bedeo.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter