On the hunt for trains

CopperWife

Mouseketeer
We will be headed down to Disney at the end of May. My DS7 has autism and is obsessed with trains. Aside from the train at the Magic Kingdom, the monorail, the train at Animal Kingdom (Wildlife express train), and the miniature train in Germany/Epcot, are there any other trains I’m missing?

Also - I googled and I believe the answer is no, but do any of the shops in Germany sell trains?

Thanks for any helpful advice!

There's a train ride at Disney Springs by Earl of Sandwich- the Marketplace Train Express. I think a ticket costs $5.

Edited to add one I forgot- There's also the train room at Boulder Ridge. Two of Walt's original train cars from his backyard train are on display and photos of Walt with his train. The train room is on the 1st floor at BR.

Last edited:
If you go to Wilderness Lodge there is a special room, the Golden Spike room IIRC, that shows off model historic trains.

There’s the Casey Jr splash pad area in MK by Dumbo. And Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is a “railroad” so the cars are train themed, if he can handle roller coasters. If not, might want to see that one from the island or paddlewheel.

If you are flying ,Take the monorail to new Terminal C upper level , for Brightline Train Station just opened at the airport in Orlando.

52C554A6-51AF-4E3E-8DF8-AD5A669F4A8A.pngA621D484-82A6-443E-8F5C-11CDC2C87DD0.png35741CC9-F7B3-4460-A879-3F093C92A542.png

Last edited:
You will not need to enter Terminal C
But there is a new Disney Store inside the Terminal and it requires a different Visitor Pass .;
to apply 7 days in advance
More info that explains the process available online

6AD81F05-31CE-4B8C-914C-5FBB6D724A3B.png

There's a train ride at Disney Springs by Earl of Sandwich- the Marketplace Train Express. I think a ticket costs $5.

Edited to add one I forgot- There's also the train room at Boulder Ridge. Two of Walt's original train cars from his backyard train are on display and photos of Walt with his train. The train room is on the 1st floor at BR.
Thanks for the info! I had forgotten about the train at DS and didn’t know about the train room at Boulder Ridge. This will be something to check out on our rest day - and bonus because Mom gets to visit somewhere she hasn’t been 😂

There’s the Casey Jr splash pad area in MK by Dumbo. And Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is a “railroad” so the cars are train themed, if he can handle roller coasters. If not, might want to see that one from the island or paddlewheel.
I had forgotten about the splash pad because my girls were never interested in it lol. He will love it!

I love Thunder Mountain but I’m not sure how DS will feel about it. It’s definitely a lot, sensory wise. But I think why will make it a no-go for him is when you go up the hill at the beginning in the mine and there’s all the ratcheting and the bats - it might be a little much. I hadn’t considered checking it out from the paddle wheel or the island. Thanks for the tip!

Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway at DHS is a train, although the individual cars break apart and go on a trackless ride, but, nevertheless, it's a train and your kiddo might enjoy it.

ETA: And the preshow at MMRR is an animation that's very train-centric.

Last edited:
We will be headed down to Disney at the end of May. My DS7 has autism and is obsessed with trains. Aside from the train at the Magic Kingdom, the monorail, the train at Animal Kingdom (Wildlife express train), and the miniature train in Germany/Epcot, are there any other trains I’m missing?

Also - I googled and I believe the answer is no, but do any of the shops in Germany sell trains?

I think you have tips for the ones in the parks. I saw you are driving, you may want to take a short drive to Winter Garden. The small train museum there is free Tues-Fri. Here is a video about it. Parking is free in the garage. It’s a cute small town. My step son has autism and is obsessed with trains, planes and busses!

Oh I forgot , I got my nephew Thomas the tank in a toy store in the UK section at a Epcot.check there for trains too. Also if you go beyond the shops there is a small garden maze and benches if he needs a sensory break.

Oh I forgot , I got my nephew Thomas the tank in a toy store in the UK section at a Epcot.check there for trains too. Also if you go beyond the shops there is a small garden maze and benches if he needs a sensory break.
I didn’t even think to check the UK area. He loves Thomas!

We took him at 18mo (before he was diagnosed) so I’m not sure how this trip will go, but I know we’ll need some downtime. We’ll check out the garden maze, thanks for the tip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter