Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

There are no direct buses from park to park (other than the new, add-on charge, express buses), correct?

If that's true then, best way to get from AK to MK around mid-day?
- bus to AKL then MK bus from there?
There are buses between all parks as long as the origination park is open or emptying out, from the same area as the resort buses. The exception is between MK & Epcot, where there is no bus because there are the monorails.

Maybe I should reword my question..

How long does it take to get from WL to Poly if you take the boat from WL to CR, then the monorail to Poly? Is it quicker to take the boat back to MK from WL then boat to Poly?

There are buses between all parks as long as the origination park is open or emptying out, from the same area as the resort buses. The exception is between MK & Epcot, where there is no bus because there are the monorails.
OK thanks
It's weird but this is the first time this has come up for us. When we've park hopped, I guess it was always between Epcot/DHS/MK so there was always a boat or monorail connection- either direct or indirect (DHS-boat to EP- mono to MK). So never needed a park to park bus!

Last edited:
Hey guys we plan on visiting a deluxe a night after we leave the park at close, just to see the lobby and the Christmas decorations, what would be the best way to get back to pop century from the deluxe resorts especially if its later at night between 10-1 am?

Hey guys we plan on visiting a deluxe a night after we leave the park at close, just to see the lobby and the Christmas decorations, what would be the best way to get back to pop century from the deluxe resorts especially if its later at night between 10-1 am?

Unless there's still a park open, your options are to transfer at Disney Springs, or use a taxi or Uber.

We has ADRs for Hoop Dee Doo on Jan 3 @ 8:30. We will be coming from Magic Kingdom and I have a few questions.
1.) What time should we leave MK?
2.) I assume we should take the boat?
3.) Wishes is @ 8pm that night. Any chance we might be able to time it so that we see wishes from the boat?
4.) what is the best way to get back to Pop after HDDR?

There are no direct buses from park to park (other than the new, add-on charge, express buses), correct?

If that's true then, best way to get from AK to MK around mid-day?
- bus to AKL then MK bus from there?

Uh, where did you get this from?

The only park to park bus that is not available is from MK to Epcot.

From AK, take the bus to MK out in the bus load zone. Easy Peasy.

how late do the buses run after park closing? If it was midnight at Boardwalk and HS and EPCOT closed at say 9:30. How would you get to WL?

how late do the buses run after park closing? If it was midnight at Boardwalk and HS and EPCOT closed at say 9:30. How would you get to WL?

Buses run until all guests are out of the parks. If you are at Boardwalk at midnight, your options would be taxi or Uber.

Last minute trip planned and not staying on Campus...so thinking about Parking at DS every time and riding the bus from there. Any tips or thoughts on this? Thanks!

Last minute trip planned and not staying on Campus...so thinking about Parking at DS every time and riding the bus from there. Any tips or thoughts on this? Thanks!
Time is money, as the saying goes. Buses don't run to the parks from DS. So, you would have to go to a resort, via the bus, then transfer to a park bus or other mode of transport. But...the buses don't start running, with any regularity, to the resorts until past 9am! So, if you get to DS and park, by 9, then go to a bus stop, you could face a lengthy wait. Say you're going to the MK, you would want a bus to the CR, then once at the CR, you would walk over to MK...about a 10 min walk. Going to DHS? Bus to BW (or other Epcot resort), then walk or boat to DHS. Epcot? Same scenario. AK? Bus to AKL then transfer to AK bus. You would need to figure on at least 90 mins total.
Not worth my time to save the parking costs.

Time is money, as the saying goes. Buses don't run to the parks from DS. So, you would have to go to a resort, via the bus, then transfer to a park bus or other mode of transport. But...the buses don't start running, with any regularity, to the resorts until past 9am! So, if you get to DS and park, by 9, then go to a bus stop, you could face a lengthy wait. Say you're going to the MK, you would want a bus to the CR, then once at the CR, you would walk over to MK...about a 10 min walk. Going to DHS? Bus to BW (or other Epcot resort), then walk or boat to DHS. Epcot? Same scenario. AK? Bus to AKL then transfer to AK bus. You would need to figure on at least 90 mins total.
Not worth my time to save the parking costs.

So I take it I am better off driving and parking at the parks..haha..Thanks for the heads up!

Planning to have a drink at Trader Sam's after Wishes, MK closes that night at 9. Will we still be able to take the monorail to the TTC and catch a bus back to AoA? Uber our only option?

TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter