Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

(I'm really really stressing b/c I feel like I'm nowhere near fully packed. I'm trying to calm myself. Picture me with a blankie, thinking about sucking my thumb, rocking in a corner...that's what part of my mind is doing, LOL. The reality is I'm basically ready. I even paid for a checked bag; on the way back I snagged first class with miles, so I'll have a bag included in that; might as well go for a bag now, too. So I think right now I'm going to try to get some sleep. I have an overnight flight starting Wednesday night!)

Morning =
packing,
chiro,
packing,
then later yoga,
home,
get ready,
stick stuff in car,
drive to airport,
meet DH at the airport to give him the kid and the car,
go through security,
get nails done at Butter London,
then a chair massage,
go to gate,
board,
fly,
SLEEP,
arrive safely at MCO,
meet cousin,
DME,
etc)

inkedup, your nails are cute, but your rings are gorgeous. :)

I haven't seen what was done by runDisney but the law enforcement there in the area has been contacted to see if he was in violation of his probation with his Facebook stuff. I asked my husband about maise (so?) and his comment was "it's the happiest place on earth! You're ok!" I thought I would be the naive one!
I made an assumption based on someone saying he wasn't doing the GSC anymore. I assumed it was RunDisney who removed him.

This guy was caught and he is creepy enough in his actions that women stay pretty far away from him, I think. It is the ones who haven't been caught yet that you have to be worried about! I was shocked on our Disney cruise, at how many people let their kids run free on the boat. 4000 passengers plus crew that are all strangers and people are letting their little kids go without supervision.

I woke up this morning feeling totally unprepared. I have to drop the dog at the groomers, clean my house, finish packing the toiletries, get the dog and kid, take the kid to swim and then convince my husband that ordering dinner is his idea. ;-) I know I can do the 6 miles because I have done it but I still feel like I should have been further along in my training.

Last edited:
@SunDial Yours is actually the best costume. I like that your daughter is going to be King Triton too. Sounds fun!

In other news I am heading out tonight. I'm all packed so just a few more hours of work to get through.

I just wanted to wish everyone the very best of luck in all the events this weekend!! I did the 10K in 2014, and the half in 2015, and I have to say it was one of the most memorable experiences of my life! I'm disappointed to not be going back this year, but am planning for the glass slipper in 2018. Enjoy every minute of this experience!!! And have a great run :thumbsup2

So excited for all of you this weekend! I wish you all safe travels and wonderful runs! :D Keep the pics of the costumes coming because they are awesome.

Hoping for some guidance from anyone who has stayed at the Boardwalk. DD is running the half. DH and I plan to make our way to the Magic Kingdom to catch a glimpse of her running by the castle. At that early hour of the morning, how do we get there? Will buses be running from Boardwalk, or should we grab a taxi? After that, I believe we can just hop on the monorail to get back to Epcot. Thanks for any advice. And best of luck to everyone!

Hoping for some guidance from anyone who has stayed at the Boardwalk. DD is running the half. DH and I plan to make our way to the Magic Kingdom to catch a glimpse of her running by the castle. At that early hour of the morning, how do we get there? Will buses be running from Boardwalk, or should we grab a taxi? After that, I believe we can just hop on the monorail to get back to Epcot. Thanks for any advice. And best of luck to everyone!

Depends on how fast your daughter is. I would suggest taking the early buses to Epcot...remember they stop running around 4 or 5am ...check the program and take the monorail to the TTA and then change monorails to the MK. Get there early...it will be very crowded. Spectators are only allowed on the left hand side (as you are walking toward castle) of the street and then up to the left of the circle.

Ugh! Three hour delay. Fast passes all messed up now. It could be worse, for GSC 2014 my original flight was cancelled and it took 4 more days to get out.

Cue me deep breathing....

Thanks! I have the event guide downloaded but the layout of the expo area confused me. I should be able to pop over there while shopping then.

Course and expo maps confuse me until Ive been there. :)

This is my costume for the half marathon. DD is going as King Triton. Funny how we are reversing roles. I will post a pic of us together later. Stop me and say hi. Corral I here i come :-)

That's awesome. "Dadding". You're doing it righter than most! Wanna adopt me? I mean, I'm probably your age but that's doesn't have to stop anything lol.

Ugh! Three hour delay. Fast passes all messed up now. It could be worse, for GSC 2014 my original flight was cancelled and it took 4 more days to get out.

Cue me deep breathing....

I feel your pain. Checked flight status before I left home. Show up at airport, it's too early to accept the luggage. Why? Because my flight is delayed 4 hours >( I don't know why I bother signing up for email alerts, I really don't.

Car loaded, GPS says we will arrive at 9:45 tonight! I forgot to take a pic of my costume before I packed it. Everyone's looks so great! If you see a pirate from Disney Jr. during the half, give me a shout out :)

Ran a slow 3.1 miles this morning! Going for another short run tomorrow and then its off to the airport. I'm having so much trouble packing, it should be nice and warm during the day but I know it'll get cooler as the sun goes down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter