Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

Still sooooo confused about the monorails. I've actually never taken the monorail from a resort to Epcot. So for the half, they will all be running, or just the ones from the TTC? And is the schedule the same or are they much less frequent? Any help from veterans of the races is much appreciated :)

I've been seriously slacking on my training, so I did 10 miles today. And for some reason I decided the 1.25 miles to the gym would be a good practice for the corral walk - except it's 10 degrees here (-2 with the windchill). So so cold!

Now for my question that I'm hoping someone can help with. I developed a blood blister under my second toenail. I've had toenail bruises there before, but nothing ever this bad. Most of the info I've find online seems to be for those with a second toe that is longer than the big toe (which I don't have), so I'm unsure how to prevent this in the future (I popped this one and it's starting to slowly feel a little better - sorry, gross, I know). My shoes don't seem to be rubbing, and I have a good amount of room in the toe box, so I'm not sure what's causing it. Anyone have any advice?

I, too, struggle with blisters under the toenail of my second toe (just the one on my left foot, which is weird because that's my "normal foot" as my right foot is the one with the bunion and occasional tendonitis in the ankle). Like you, my second toe isn't longer than my big toe.

I mentioned it upthread here, but I ran my first HM in cotton socks, which caused a blister to develop under that toenail and it eventually turned black and fell off. Ever since then, that nail has been slightly raised and so it must constantly strike or get caught on my socks when I run. I always size up my running shoes to allow for room in the toe box, I run in Swiftwik socks (not cotton), and I always apply BodyGlide to the tips of my toes before I run, but it still gives me issues. It doesn't hurt as I am running, but occasionally throbs after long runs. I try to keep it pretty short since it hurts when it gets longer, but that's pretty much all I can do, because I feel like I've tried everything else.

I, too, struggle with blisters under the toenail of my second toe (just the one on my left foot, which is weird because that's my "normal foot" as my right foot is the one with the bunion and occasional tendonitis in the ankle). Like you, my second toe isn't longer than my big toe.

I mentioned it upthread here, but I ran my first HM in cotton socks, which caused a blister to develop under that toenail and it eventually turned black and fell off. Ever since then, that nail has been slightly raised and so it must constantly strike or get caught on my socks when I run. I always size up my running shoes to allow for room in the toe box, I run in Swiftwik socks (not cotton), and I always apply BodyGlide to the tips of my toes before I run, but it still gives me issues. It doesn't hurt as I am running, but occasionally throbs after long runs. I try to keep it pretty short since it hurts when it gets longer, but that's pretty much all I can do, because I feel like I've tried everything else.

Thank you so much for the advie, Luv2Run! It's funny you say that, because I'm having the same issues on my right foot, but the blood blister was on the left foot, too. I've been running with thicker cotton socks for a while now because I found the moisture-wicking socks ended up giving me bad blisters pretty much everywhere else (bottom of foot, heel, outer side). Maybe it was just that specific brand and I should try something else. I also think I'm going to try some callus cushions over the tip of my toe.

I should pack. At least the suitcase is on the table in the bedroom! That's a start!

I'm packed except for toiletries. The kid is packed except for his entertainment and medicines. The husband... will pack the morning we leave and wonder why he forgot his underpants. LOL! Here is my flat me.

The best news... my parents have us on the calendar and have not flaked on taking care of the boy so that DH and I can have a weekend alone.

All packed!
Have no idea what to expect total virgin here, first timer to DW.
Scary listening about bus transport but it will be what it is.
How we can find somewhere to eat!
Now just waiting out of here 6 am Wednesday.

All packed!
Have no idea what to expect total virgin here, first timer to DW.
Scary listening about bus transport but it will be what it is.
How we can find somewhere to eat!
Now just waiting out of here 6 am Wednesday.

Don't be scared! Try to get the first bus, and you'll be fine.

I LOVE making lists and packing, so I was super anxious to start haha and it helps too that it's -9° right now, so I definitely don't need the clothes that I am packing!

I wish I did. I watch packing videos on YouTube and wish I was one of those organized packing people.

Ran slowly for an hour today, felt good!! I've laid out some stuff but haven't officially started packing. I need to finish my costume too.

4 more sleeps!!

Hello everyone! I have a couple questions for all you kind DW Veterans out there if you wouldn't mind helping me make some decisions.... haha! I have an active two year old boy and am wondering about a few dining reservations I have. We plan on Chef Mickey's the night we arrive, but I've heard it can take a while to get in even when you have a reservation... Second, I have a reservation for Sanaa one night but I can't get in earlier than 7:25, is it worth it? Lastly, Which one: Splitsville or Rainforest Cafe??
Thank you all so very much, I've enjoyed following this thread and am so pumped to run with you next week! ("Next week", it's so close, eeeeeeekkkkkkkk!!!!!!)

Hello everyone! I have a couple questions for all you kind DW Veterans out there if you wouldn't mind helping me make some decisions.... haha! I have an active two year old boy and am wondering about a few dining reservations I have. We plan on Chef Mickey's the night we arrive, but I've heard it can take a while to get in even when you have a reservation... Second, I have a reservation for Sanaa one night but I can't get in earlier than 7:25, is it worth it? Lastly, Which one: Splitsville or Rainforest Cafe??
Thank you all so very much, I've enjoyed following this thread and am so pumped to run with you next week! ("Next week", it's so close, eeeeeeekkkkkkkk!!!!!!)

Have you considered T-Rex instead of Rainforest/Splitsville? It's basically the same as Rainforest, but dino-themed. I love the decor there (and while I'm not a 2 year old boy, I imagine he would like it, too!).

yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter