• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

# of days advice needed

I think it's 6 one way, half a dozen the other. There's plenty to do at both locations to fill you're time.

Best advise I can give, is be cognizant of the time change. Especially if you're coming from the east coast. Your first day in Hawaii, you want to try and stay up as late as you can, to get yourself on local time. Otherwise you'll be up at 4am the next day, looking for something to do. That might be a challenge with little ones, but it's something to consider. That would be one benefit to jumping to pacific time first for a few days and might be an argument (again if you're coming from the east coast) for the extra day at Disneyland. Then expect everyone to have a rough couple days when you get back. Our last trip to Hawaii, we did 4 days on Oahu, then a week on the Big Island. When we got back to the east coast, it took me almost a week to feel normal. Not something to worry about, because I'd do it again in a heartbeat, just something to be aware of, especially for the kiddos.

You won't have any problem filling your time on Oahu. A couple of our favorite places would be a fairly easy day trip from where you're staying. Waimea Valley, on the north shore, and the hike to the falls is beautiful. It's paved, so you can roll a stroller the whole way, but they also have big golf carts that will give you a ride, too. On the way up there, stop at Green World Coffee Farm. They have the best coffee in Hawaii, if you ask me. They have medium post office, if it fits it ships boxes there. You can ship 5 1/2 pounds, I think and pay actual shipping and it'll be home when you get there. :) The Dole Plantation is on the way to the north shore as well. It's a little touristy, but getting a dole whip at the source is worth stopping by for. Not far past Waimea Valley is Lanikai Beach, to us, the prettiest beach on Hawaii.

Have fun, either way. It should be a great trip!

I would opt for 2/6 due to the time change (depending on where you are coming from I guess...could be brutal). My parents just got home from being missionaries on Oahu and we visited them for 3 weeks. Definitely do not miss The Polynesian Cultural Center. In each village there is a "kids spot" and something for the kids to do. My children loved this place and they were 4 1/2 at the time. Waimea Falls (as mentioned above) is super easy with a stroller - paved the entire way. With that young of children I think 2 park days is plenty. If you're taking afternoon breaks then maybe you will need the full 3, but I would still opt for 6 days in Hawaii. DL is easier to get to and be revisited for us. Obviously you've gotten all kinds of opinions so good luck with your decision. Either way it's vacation and it'll be fab!

PS - don't miss Goofy's Pool Party at Aulani!

Sorry one more suggestion...have you considered doing Aulani for a couple nights and then jump to North Shore for a couple nights? That's what I would do. Turtle Bay Resort would be a good fit for your kids...perfect calm bay for the kids with shallow entry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter