• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October is here!!! A Semi-live TR!!! Our Oct 7-14 trip to the world!

Glad you got what you wanted even if MDE didn't cooperate. As others have said you will be fine to get to BoG and even if you are a few minutes late it is just counter service after all.

And totally judging Olive Garden ; )

I think 1120 FP for A&E and then 1145 BOG is fine. You can go in 5 min early and i think you should be to BOG by 1145. I know it says check in 15 min early but I don't think that will be an issue...

Phew!! I'm so glad it doesn't seem too tight...I will definitely aim to get to A/E a bit early and it will hopefully go quick!

Congrats on getting everything you wanted!

Thanks!!! My BFF who I went on the road trip couldn't stop rolling her eyes at me when I went on about Disney and all the planning we have to do lol...and when I told her I'd have to get online at 12:01 to book my ride times...well...you would have thought I'd sprouted an extra head...

Usually you can show up a few minutes early and they will let you in, but I don't know if that's true for A and E.

I sure hope so...I'm going to try to do that and hope for the best!

I wouldn't be too worried about missing your ADR. I think you can arrive 5 minutes before your window opens, so that should help too.

Phew!! Yeah that's the plan. And yeah...I know it's ok to be a bit late for an ADR...I just hate to be late for anything lol

We've gone there a few times and ordered just soup, salad and breadsticks.

Yup... those are my three favourite things!! Although...they only have the Just Soup salad and breadsticks on the menu at lunch...so I had to order some pasta too...but I ate more of the salad than I did of my entree lol

In terms of Anna & Elsa - I just checked my pictures from my last trip. According to the time stamps, we took a picture outside at 11:31, and our last picture with Anna (who we saw second) was at 11:38 - aka about 7 minutes from beginning to end, close to the same time as you (but not exactly the same time because the date stamp on my camera is an hour off). We also had no wait (we went in to see them right away). I'd say it will take you no more than 20 minutes

Wow, thanks for doing all that!! I'm so glad to hear it didn't take you long!! That is very reassuring!! And also - once we actually get to meet them...I'm just there for the pictures anyway lol...I mean...I'm sure DD will talk to them...but she sometimes gets all shy and chokes when she's excited...so likely it will be a quick hello and hug anyway...even after all the planning to get to see them lol

I'm a little nervous about mine, sounds like a tedious process.

Yeah...it can be...I find the planning is half fun but also half tedious lol..I do like to plan...but sometimes it gets to be too much. The FP+ isn't that bad of a process...it's just for the certain rides that are new/uber popular...it can be hard to get the exact times you want...

No judgement on Olive Garden, we love that place

Thanks!! Me too!! I find the prices aren't bad for what you get...also I love their raspberry iced tea too..and of course the salad and bread.

You know, they have started selling that dressing in grocery stores.......

Funny you should mention that...I actually did pick some up at a grocery store to bring home...since it isn't available here in Canada either lol. Don't get me started on my love of American grocery stores lol...so much selection...I also brought home some Nutter Butters and a few other choice items we don't have in Canada.

I thought the same thing when I was booking!

Yeah, I mean...the system won't let you overlap your FP+ times...so they should at least alert you to the days you have ADR's booked when booking FP+ for that day...sigh.

And totally judging Olive Garden ; )

Ha, I knew I could count on you, foodie lol :))

You did it! Good job! Sounds like things are really falling into place for your trip. I'm slowing starting to understand how to work the FP+ system, so thanks for sharing your journey.

You did it! Good job! Sounds like things are really falling into place for your trip. I'm slowing starting to understand how to work the FP+ system, so thanks for sharing your journey.

Thanks!! It's starting to feel more "real" now!! Although I still can't help going back and seeing if I can't get things "better" lol. I'm glad I'm helping you understand the FP+ system lol. I do wish that it would let you go on and play around with it even before you can actually "book"...that would have reduced my anxiety about the whole thing. The first time it gave me those random times, I freaked out because I was all "uh...no I don't want PP at 10pm at night...are you kidding me??" And I didn't realize that if I clicked "accept" that I'd still be able to go back in and change it all around. Phew!!

Good to know. I know for me, that there is always a bit of anxiety if I'm going into something unknown; and it's usually completely unwarranted. So happy to hear I can tweak things around after the fact!

and the picked the first decent looking time it gave me which was 11:20am. Phew!! I breathed a sigh of relief.
Glad you got it! :-)

e also have a BOG lunch ADR at 11:45. Is that enough time to do Anna/Elsa and still make it to our BOG lunch on time? I hope so...because there ain't much I can do about that now!!

I think you'll have plenty of time, if you show up around 11:15, you can get in 5 minutes early! Plus, the walk isn't that far!

I know for me, that there is always a bit of anxiety if I'm going into something unknown; and it's usually completely unwarranted.

Yup, that's totally me as well!! I have way too much anxiety about things I have no control over...and that are often completely unwarrented too. Sigh...wish I could do something about that lol.

I think you'll have plenty of time, if you show up around 11:15, you can get in 5 minutes early! Plus, the walk isn't that far!

Phew...hope so!! That is definitely the plan to get there early!!!

It's been a busy week....but if anyone's interested...gonna share some more deets about everything that I booked. I've been resisting the urge to tinker with everything and been (mostly) successful at leaving well enough alone! There are a few minor tweaks I'd love to make if different times open up later but for now...there weren't a lot of options for things I didn't think were quite "perfect"..

Anyway...without further ado....here are my FP+ attractions:

Day 1 (actually day 2 of the trip, but since we arrive late at night and wont' do anything...I'm calling this day 1) MK
**this is our MNSSHP day, so we are going to be lazy in the AM and head to MK later in the day. Unless we can't wait...then we'll go earlier, but that is why our FP+ times start so late

2:15pm-3:15pm - Peter Pan
3:20pm-4:20pm - Winnie the Pooh
4:20pm-5:20pm - Tomorrowland Speedway (my method to this is so we'll be heading back to Main Street area to eat and get in line for certain characters)

Day 2: MK again :), also a lazy morning due to late night probably at MNSSHP night before

2:30-3:30pm - Buzz Lightyear
3:40pm-4:40pm - 7DMT (to be changed if DD says she doesn't want to go on it after seeing it on day 1)
4:40pm-5:40pm - Jungle Cruise

Day 3: DHS on AM EMH day (I know...nuts...but this is the only day it fits with the rest of our plans)

RD - TSMM and...is TGMR open at early EMH? Hope to do that too early if feasible..otherwise...no idea what to do at RD..remember we don't do thrill rides...

10:05-11:05 - TSMM
11:10-12:10 - Muppet Vision
12:10 - Lunch ADR at Sci Fi
2:35-2:50pm - Frozen Sing Along

Day 4: DAK

If we make RD - do Safaris, some trails
10:25 Tusker House ADR

11:25-12:25 - Safaris
12:30-1:30 - Characters at Adventurers Outpost
1:30-1:50 - Lion King

Day 5: Epcot

RD - Nemo, Crush, The Seas, The Land

10:05-11:05 - Spaceship Earth
11:10-12:10 - Character Spot
12:20-1:20 - Soarin'

So there you have it!!! I'm gonna try to catch up on some TR's now!! Let me know if you see something glaringly obvious that needs changing (other than the fact that there are exactly zero thrill rides on this list lol..you know by now...us = big ride wusses

I've been resisting the urge to tinker with everything and been (mostly) successful at leaving well enough alone!
Welcome to the DIS family of super-planners. First day? :rotfl:

DHS on AM EMH day (I know...nuts...
I never understand this. I mean, I get the logic behind it, that it'll be more crowded than usual etc. But I consider EMH a huge benefit of staying in a Disney resort, so by gawd I'm gonna take advantage of it! But I'm always reading STAY AWAY FROM THE EMH PARK, LEST YOU PERISH IN FIREY DEATH. Screw that. Gimme my Extra Magic Hours, dangit. :laughing: In other words: Don't stress. You'll be fine. :hug:

is TGMR open at early EMH?
I assume so, I know that it's open during evening EMH because I just researched it last week when re-doing my own itinerary a bit. :thumbsup2

no idea what to do at RD..remember we don't do thrill rides...
One Man's Dream? It's on the way to TSMM. I was going to suggest Muppets, but I see your have a FP for it. Honestly, I think Great Movie Ride is a fantastic option too. ::yes::

other than the fact that there are exactly zero thrill rides on this list lol..you know by now...us = big ride wusses
But ya'll like Soarin'? I ask becuase I'm traveling with a "big ride wuss" for the first time, and have been debating if she could handle Soarin' or not. She's got pretty bad motion sickness issues. Ya'll don't find it too intense, though? :scratchin

So there you have it!!! I'm gonna try to catch up on some TR's now!! Let me know if you see something glaringly obvious that needs changing (other than the fact that there are exactly zero thrill rides on this list lol..you know by now...us = big ride wusses

The way I see it, you make FPs according to your own needs, so no one can say that there's really anything "wrong". Would my list, or someone else's list be different? Of course? Who cares!
Are you happy with your list? If you can say yes, then it's all good.

I always have to resist the urge to tinker with the FPs.. :rotfl:

Yup...it's tough to resist. No matter how good your itinerary seems....you can't help but think how you could possibly make it even better!

Gimme my Extra Magic Hours, dangit.

Yeah, well that was my thought too. I'm wondering if that whole "stay away from EMH parks" really only applies to the people who aren't staying onsite so they don't get to take advantage of them, and thus, if you go after EMH on an EMH day, it may seem crowded because so many people are already there and you miss RD? Who knows. But I'm sticking with my plan to go there for EMH.

One Man's Dream? It's on the way to TSMM.

Yeah I definitely do want to do one man's dream if it's open early...so that's certainly a good option as well as TGMR.

But ya'll like Soarin'?

I do like Soarin' , despite being a complete ride wuss, and I'll tell you why. The seats don't actually move that much. I find, that if I start to get queasy or don't like the feeling, all I have to do is close my eyes, or look at the bottom of the screen that isn't actually moving. It kind of stabilizes you and tells your brain that you aren't actually flying and don't feel sick lol. I can only handle one go at it, but that's all we're likely to get anyway so it's all good!

Are you happy with your list? If you can say yes, then it's all good.

I am happy with my list...I could probably improve upon the times a bit...and as such may continue to play around a bit...but I'm pretty satisfied with what we got. As long as we can do a few additional things each day on top of our FP+ rides, I'll be happy.

It's been a busy week....but if anyone's interested...gonna share some more deets about everything that I booked. I've been resisting the urge to tinker with everything and been (mostly) successful at leaving well enough alone! There are a few minor tweaks I'd love to make if different times open up later but for now...there weren't a lot of options for things I didn't think were quite "perfect"..

You should still be able to change some things (maybe not everything) if you want to ... but it's definitely hard to just leave everything alone.

**this is our MNSSHP day, so we are going to be lazy in the AM and head to MK later in the day. Unless we can't wait...then we'll go earlier, but that is why our FP+ times start so late

I think that for this day (and day 2) your times are perfect - the middle of the day (aka when you show up on a "lazy morning" day) is often very busy with lines, so with the FP+ you won't have to wait on long lines the second you get to the park. And if you decide to go a little earlier, you may be able to move some of these up a bit (like Winnie the Pooh, Tomorrowland Speedway, Buzz and maybe Jungle Cruise ... not so much Peter Pan or 7DMT).

Day 3: DHS on AM EMH day (I know...nuts...but this is the only day it fits with the rest of our plans)

From what I hear (I don't so much get up that early) AM EMH aren't too bad because a lot of people don't want to get up that early. And while it may have a small impact on crowds, I don't think it's the apocalypse that Disney bloggers make it out to be.

RD - TSMM and...is TGMR open at early EMH? Hope to do that too early if feasible..otherwise...no idea what to do at RD..remember we don't do thrill rides...

I have no idea if GMR is open, but I've seen reports of people riding TSMM multiple times during EMH, so maybe if you guys like it a lot, that could be a possibility (it's probably what I would do...)

Let me know if you see something glaringly obvious that needs changing (other than the fact that there are exactly zero thrill rides on this list lol..you know by now...us = big ride wusses

Everything looks good to me - I think you guys will get to hit some great rides without long lines. And don't worry about being a ride wuss ... I was a ride wuss until I was 18, and there are still some things I won't do (like Tower of Terror).

I think that for this day (and day 2) your times are perfect - the middle of the day (aka when you show up on a "lazy morning" day) is often very busy with lines, so with the FP+ you won't have to wait on long lines the second you get to the park. And if you decide to go a little earlier, you may be able to move some of these up a bit (like Winnie the Pooh, Tomorrowland Speedway, Buzz and maybe Jungle Cruise ... not so much Peter Pan or 7DMT).

Yes, this is a good idea if we decide to head to the park early but we will have to see how we feel that day. It is another day where they'll kick us out early so we may want to do that if we feel like we need more park time!

Hi Kathy! I didn't realize you had a PTR going... I would have popped in sooner. :thumbsup2

Admittedly, I read the first page and the last page, but nothing in between - I am sure I am missing out on a ton of planning.

I love that this is a solo trip with you and your dd... I love taking trips with my girls - together, and in Jan I will be taking my first of 2 solo trips with each girl... I am very excited about this, as both trips are bound to be so different.

Halloween is my favorite time to go!!! MNSSHP is a fun event - I have not been since 2008 (Yikes) - but I am beyond excited to be doing it again next year with dd #2. ::Yes:: However, this Nov will be my first MVMCP - so we'll see, I've always had a deep love for the holidays in general - so Halloween may be trumped for Christmas? I guess we'll find out.

I sure hope you are still staying at FQ... My Disney home... It is just a beautiful resort, and great CMs. :thumbsup2 I've never been disappointed in anything at that resort - except maybe the fact that the FQ bus stop is at the veeeerrrrrryyyy end of the furthest bus stops at MK... That gets to be a long walk at the end of the day - or when your bus is about to leave. :scratchin

Great job with your plans and FPs... It sounds like you were able to get some good ones. I love AK in the early morning hours - hopefully you can make it for RD, we rarely stay there past 1pm these last few trips, because we are able to get everything done multiple times and let's face it - August in Disney - or even August in AK is just not a picnic. LOL October will be so much better. And TH breakfast - is always a must do for us! ::yes::

We did our first EMH in DHS on our last trip - I cannot remember if TSM was open or not? My girls were more interested in ToT and RnR - so the spent the majority of their EMH time there, and I spent it trying to figure out our photos in MM.

Anyways... I'll try to go back to read as I can, and follow along from here forward.

D~

Don't let it drive you nuts, though.

Yeah that's the funny thing...it totally COULD drive you nuts if you let it!! But I'm gonna try not to let it lol.

I didn't realize you had a PTR going... I would have popped in sooner.

No worries! Thanks for coming by anytime!!!

I sure hope you are still staying at FQ.

We most certainly are and are very excited about it! Well I am, my DD doesn't know about the trip yet :)

FQ bus stop is at the veeeerrrrrryyyy end of the furthest bus stops at MK... That gets to be a long walk at the end of the day - or when your bus is about to leave. :scratchin

Did not know that...good to know so we won't be surprised....I think we'll only have one really late night at MK so hopefully it won't be too much of an issue...

Everything looks great!

Thanks!! Can't wait now until the trip!!!

I could just drink that salad dressing lol

I'm not a huge OG fan, but their dressing is AAAAAMAZING! I've tried copy cat recipes at home before, but it just doesn't taste the same.

I decided to try what I always do and scream and yell and swear

This usually always works for me:rotfl::rotfl2:

I can't complain...got everything I wanted

Hey, that's a very good thing!

Day 1 (actually day 2 of the trip, but since we arrive late at night and wont' do anything...I'm calling this day 1) MK

2:15pm-3:15pm - Peter Pan
3:20pm-4:20pm - Winnie the Pooh
4:20pm-5:20pm - Tomorrowland Speedway (my method to this is so we'll be heading back to Main Street area to eat and get in line for certain characters)

Day 2: MK again :), also a lazy morning due to late night probably at MNSSHP night before

2:30-3:30pm - Buzz Lightyear
3:40pm-4:40pm - 7DMT (to be changed if DD says she doesn't want to go on it after seeing it on day 1)
4:40pm-5:40pm - Jungle Cruise

10:05-11:05 - TSMM
11:10-12:10 - Muppet Vision
12:10 - Lunch ADR at Sci Fi
2:35-2:50pm - Frozen Sing Along

Day 4: DAK

If we make RD - do Safaris, some trails
10:25 Tusker House ADR

11:25-12:25 - Safaris
12:30-1:30 - Characters at Adventurers Outpost
1:30-1:50 - Lion King

Day 5: Epcot

RD - Nemo, Crush, The Seas, The Land

10:05-11:05 - Spaceship Earth
11:10-12:10 - Character Spot

Looks like a good plan to me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter