• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October is here!!! A Semi-live TR!!! Our Oct 7-14 trip to the world!

Ooh, you've got Fastpass day coming up soon, and your selections look great! As long as you're on it as soon as your window opens up you shouldn't have any trouble getting A&E. I hope all goes well!

As long as you're on it as soon as your window opens up you shouldn't have any trouble getting A&E. I hope all goes well!

I soo hope you are right!! As long as I don't mess up logging in and take too long lol

I know....seems so easy...I don't know why it is stressing me out. I'm all "what if my MDE doesn't know my registration number? And I think I did online registration already? Or did I...can you even do that before 60 days? Do you have to do that before you can do your FP+?? What if the wifi is crap and cuts out at the hotel? ugh.

Deep breaths... deeeeep breaths.

Hope you are enjoying lots of adult beverages right about night in prep for a fun fast pass night ; ) Hope all goes well

YES! I am back just in time for FP's!

Ha yep...just gonna get around to the update lol

Good luck with your FP+ plus have a great time on your trip!

Thanks!! The trip was a lot of fun...eating, drinking, shopping....what could be better? (other than WDW lol)

Hope you are enjoying lots of adult beverages right about night in prep for a fun fast pass night ; ) Hope all goes well

Thanks!! And yes...update coming soon!

Happy FP scheduling!

Thank you thank you!!

Waiting to hear what you got!

Update coming soon!

What, no fp update yet?

In just a sec!

DISing with a hangover is no fun.

Ha! Got that right lol...but It's all good..update coming shortly!

OK so since you are all waiting lol...here's the update!!

Last night...we enjoyed a lovely dinner at Olive Garden...(don't judge...we don't have it here and I could just drink that salad dressing lol) my BFF and I went for a walk around our hotel...on our little Buffalo road trip. Then we hung out in the room and watched some bad TV and indulged in some junk food and beverages lol.

Around 11:50pm, I signed on to MDE and played around...but of course I was too early to access any FP+ times yet. I waited as patiently as I could...and then finally at 12:01...it let me in. First...I had a minor freak out because it was only showing my name and not DD's to be able to select the times!! GAhhh!! Time was ticking!! I decided to try what I always do and scream and yell and swear....lol...no...I tried to stay calm...and I just quit out of MDE and then signed back in and ....alas...there were both our names!! Phew!!!!

I had my strategy all printed out. I went to the last day of our trip to try to snag the coveted Anna/Elsa FP+ at MK. I was going as fast as I could!! The first time it spit out was 8:30pm and I accepted it because thankfully I remembered that before you could try to change the times, you have to first just "accept" the weird random times that it spits out for you when you pick 3 attractions for FP+. Then after you click "close" it saves them and then you can go back in and modify the times. This is a bit annoying. Whatever. I did that as fast as I could because I knew I really didn't want 8:30 at night...I know..I got the FP+ and I should be pleased...but...seeing as that is gonna be our last night before a morning flight...I am not sure if we'll want to be at the park at 8:30 that night. I went back in right away...and the picked the first decent looking time it gave me which was 11:20am. Phew!! I breathed a sigh of relief.

Then I went on to book all the other FP+ for the trip. I did book 7DMT for us twice, but I did them in a way that hopefully if DD decides she doesn't want to ride on day 1, I can change them to something else. I got TSMM at DHS and everything else I wanted on our list...at approximately the times I wanted. Although I did find the booking of shows at DHS and AK to be a bit annoying because I guess the way the showtimes were didn't exactly work with my "plan" so I had to tinker with it a bit to get approximately what I wanted. But it's all good.....

Except...one thing...so after I booked all the days...I went back in to see if I could get Anna/Elsa earlier in the trip. NO SUCH LUCK. Which is fine - but wow...they aren't kidding when they tell you to be online right at 12:01AM to book that baby. I wouldn't have gotten it a few minutes later. Anyway...my one small complaint...and hopefully it won't be an issue...is that we have Anna/Elsa at 11:20....and then...I later clued in....we also have a BOG lunch ADR at 11:45. Is that enough time to do Anna/Elsa and still make it to our BOG lunch on time? I hope so...because there ain't much I can do about that now!!

I can't complain...got everything I wanted...I just sort of wish that...maybe somehow if you have ADR's booked...it would show them to you and help you plan around them when booking your FP+? Or maybe I'm the only one who gets flustered when trying to book and forgets all about them lol. I had a similar issue booking around our lunch at Sci-Fi at DHS...but luckily I was able to move my FP+ around for that without too much of a problem.

Anyway...I'm wiped...I will share more details of what we got...and hopefully not start second guessing myself lol tomorrow once I've gotten organized hopefully lol!! Thanks for all your well wishes and calm thoughts (oh and the wine helped I think lol)

I think 1120 FP for A&E and then 1145 BOG is fine. You can go in 5 min early and i think you should be to BOG by 1145. I know it says check in 15 min early but I don't think that will be an issue...

Congrats on getting everything you wanted!

Lol, sounds crazy making! No idea how quickly the A and E line goes. Usually you can show up a few minutes early and they will let you in, but I don't know if that's true for A and E.

Sounds like a successful night! In my experience, A&E with just one child and a FPP goes pretty fast. I wouldn't be too worried about missing your ADR. I think you can arrive 5 minutes before your window opens, so that should help too.

Not judging about Olive Garden. We've gone there a few times and ordered just soup, salad and breadsticks.
Love that salad.

Sounds like you did pretty darned good with the FPs.
I echo what NJlauren said. Go 5 minutes early to A&E.
Plus it's pretty close to BOG.

Congrats on FP+! Sounds like you did pretty well!

In terms of Anna & Elsa - I just checked my pictures from my last trip. According to the time stamps, we took a picture outside at 11:31, and our last picture with Anna (who we saw second) was at 11:38 - aka about 7 minutes from beginning to end, close to the same time as you (but not exactly the same time because the date stamp on my camera is an hour off). We also had no wait (we went in to see them right away). I'd say it will take you no more than 20 minutes, and very likely will take you less. If you go 5 minutes early (as everyone suggested), I think you'll be out around 11:30 (again, maybe even earlier), which gives you more than enough time to get to BOG.
But yeah, it would be really nice if the FP+ system took your ADRs into account or showed you when you had a conflict.

Congrats on getting your FP+ booked! I'm a little nervous about mine, sounds like a tedious process.

No judgement on Olive Garden, we love that place (mostly the Chicken gnocchi soup and breadsticks) and go there whenever we are in the States. In fact, we will probably eat there in December when we are at WDW to save money. Much cheaper than eating on property!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter