News Round Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? The last Dateline Disneyland had it still up. Hmm, it must have happened just a couple days ago. How is it looking?

http://micechat.com/95001-disneyland-raises-ticket-prices/

@rteetz As of 3 days ago it was still up. http://m.ocregister.com/articles/castle-652257-disney-sleeping.html

Finally found it on Instagram. Looks pretty great!

Also of note according to the article "It’s a Small World", also being refurbished, has a giant photo of the actual facade of the ride on the fabric covering the real thing. The fabric is 50 feet high and 185 feet wide."
Yep, the castle refurb removed most of the gold from the 50th celebration. It's expected that the 60th diamond overlay will go on over night.

The Roy E. Disney animation building is going to be getting a major interior make over.

http://www.mouseinfo.com/forums/con...ted-more-open-pixar-like-creative-campus.html

I've been following many Disney animators on twitter for a while and it seems like the studios haven't been this positive/confident in quite a long time. They've done a great job in reviving the studios, with Tangled, Wreck-it-Ralph, Frozen and now Big Hero 6 to back their talent, so they definitely deserve the make over. I'm certainly concerned about Zootopia and Moana's release dates though. Kung-Fu Panda and especially the Harry Potter spin-off will be tough competition.

I've been following many Disney animators on twitter for a while and it seems like the studios haven't been this positive/confident in quite a long time. They've done a great job in reviving the studios, with Tangled, Wreck-it-Ralph, Frozen and now Big Hero 6 to back their talent, so they definitely deserve the make over. I'm certainly concerned about Zootopia and Moana's release dates though. Kung-Fu Panda and especially the Harry Potter spin-off will be tough competition.
As long as John Lasseter is heading animation I think we'll be fine. I think Moana will be a hit Zootopia is interesting but we will have to wait and see.

Dreamworks animation is in bigtime trouble and may become insolvent.

Katzenberg had to take over direct oversight and announce a 250 mil quarterly loss just days ago. I read about it.

The animation studios have done a 180 in 10 years...
Then Disney was foundering and Shrek was the most bankable franchise out there.

Dreamworks budgets are skyrocketing and their characters are losing appeal.

That's Disney...because they have...as stated...started to really kick it.

I was thinking about the Disney renaissance the other day... Which "waking sleeping beauty" sums up as starting with part of your world in the little mermaid (the ballroom scene of beauty and the beast is my choice)...

And this current rebirth (it's just as big...the case can be made)...was the lantern scene in tangled.

I've stated this one before...nothing that follows goes as big if not for that movie...deceptively awesome.

I think 2/3 of Anna and Elsa's bank account came from the pipe that rapunzel laid.

Now if they would only decide to kick some can In parks...get the pride back.

He's wrong though...they would lose their fanbase.

There is a visceral hatred for that character that would undo any progress they'd make with other movies
Does today's disney care? They said there would be a bunch of spin off movies. Jar Jar Binks: the early years December 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter