• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2017

Am I crazy to think that MSEP may find it's way back to MK/WDW? Why would they devote the expense to refresh all the floats if they were planning on just using the parade for 6 months and then retiring it. Paint the Night is down for a lengthy modification. (Some indication that CMs were getting injured from some of the positioning on the floats.) However, PTN is supposed to be back by this summer. DLR has no need for two parades.

If they bring MSEP back to WDW...they get to sell it as "back by popular demand!" You get people more excited by taking something away and then returning it than by just keeping it there all along. (Sadly, humans will fall for this as something to be excited about.) WDW saves expenses for a year, DLR gets a temporary parade while PTN is down, and everyone wins.
You're not crazy to think that. I'm just not sure it happens.

When Paint the Night comes back is it going to be back full time or only for certain times of the year? I thought it was just for some times of the year and then the other days they would run MSEP :confused3
That we don't know. I've heard so many different things about MSEP and PTN I don't know what to think anymore.

When Paint the Night comes back is it going to be back full time or only for certain times of the year? I thought it was just for some times of the year and then the other days they would run MSEP :confused3

The talk was MSEP is back for a short run. As @rteetz is saying, there's been so many rumors swirling it's hard to know. But it seems REALLY unlikely that one park would hold TWO parades while the other would have NONE.

Haha! See!

I wouldn't mind seeing PTN in the Magic Kingdom. I also wouldn't mind a return engagement of MSEP.
I do think they need something new and specific for MK by 50.
I do wish they'd do a nice retrospective disc including a highdef/4K production of the parade before they dismantle it.
Though they've never done that with any other show, so why start now.

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask but, does anyone else notice the large uptick in WDW TV advertising? Here in NC its been quite the barrage the past 6 weeks. We hardly watch any commercials (TiVo and Netflix) but it seems whenever we catch one its for WDW. I don't remember seeing these at all hardly in the past 5 or 6 years.

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask but, does anyone else notice the large uptick in WDW TV advertising? Here in NC its been quite the barrage the past 6 weeks. We hardly watch any commercials (TiVo and Netflix) but it seems whenever we catch one its for WDW. I don't remember seeing these at all hardly in the past 5 or 6 years.
I think it is a seasonal uptick, and similar to this time last year. Nothing sells like sunshine and happiness when half of the country just came inside to warm themselves after shoveling their walkway.

I'm sure it's dependent on the regions. I don't notice anymore now than I have in the past two years.

I think it is a seasonal uptick, and similar to this time last year. Nothing sells like sunshine and happiness when half of the country just came inside to warm themselves after shoveling their walkway.

It totally is - now is the time to travel! Here in New England we see TONS of commercials for the Cayman Islands, Bahamas, Jamaica, etc every January-March. I haven't noticed any more Disney World commercials - we get a good amount of those throughout the whole year actually.

6 months from now is peak summer travel time, and 6 months is the general planning time frame with dining reservations available at 180 days

Last edited:

Yeah, that was rumored to be happening. Due to PTN high operation costs, it was supposed to run during peak seasons (Summer and Christmas) and have MSEP run throughout the year. It kind of makes sense since they made some specific modifications to MSEP for Disneyland, and then there's the fact that PTN doesn't fit in MK's parade route.

They are probably working on a new parade for MK's 50th... Or they'll remove the word Disneyland from the drum float and bring back the parade to MK.

Last edited:
Currently no nighttime parade at MK and no plans for one at this time

Still have the new projection show (Once Upon a Time) and Wishes for nighttime entertainment
I know I am probably in the minority, but I really enjoyed the lack of congestion in the park from not having a nighttime parade. When we were there after Christmas it sure did make maneuvering the park a LOT easier without people staking out spots for the parade and CMs yelling at people.

I know I am probably in the minority, but I really enjoyed the lack of congestion in the park from not having a nighttime parade. When we were there after Christmas it sure did make maneuvering the park a LOT easier without people staking out spots for the parade and CMs yelling at people.
I agree. Some visits it's just miserable, despite the known shortcuts through the shops or the bypass on tomorrowland side if open.
The parades have never been something we'd sit and wait for. If we happen on it, we might stop and watch for a bit, if there is decent place to watch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter