• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2017

That video was posted 8 hours ago and doesn't seem to be on Disney property. The posters said this happened tonight. 8 hours ago would be mid afternoon.

It was the only thing I saw...like you said, nothing really out there...Kind of interesting, they went through two counties chasing the car thieves, but wasn't sure if it was it...

As I told people when we were talking about the Frozen/Tarzan theory: studios and animators enjoy spreading legends and theories about their films for fun and to add further value to their films and brands. It's just good fun for the fans and the animators, really.

By the way, if anyone's interested, the Main Street Electrical Parade is returning tonight to Disneyland park for the first time in over 20 years after going through a very much needed rehab, and you can watch a live stream of the event in this link:

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/01/live-...arade-returns-disneyland-first-time-20-years/

Tried to watch this. What a lousy effort.

Tried to watch this. What a lousy effort.
Everyone's live streams are having problems. You are going to have issues in a park with no wifi and hundreds on bloggers and press trying to use the internet. The dis live stream and several other sites are all having problems.

News

The Main Street Electrical Parade has returned to Disneyland! Some changes are the return of the Casey Jr. train and drum leading the parade. However the train still has the pixie dust that was added during its DCA return. The Tinkerbell float saw significant changes with the removal of the balloon on top. The rest of the parade looks refreshed, something it really needed.

News

From the Orange County Register on Twitter.

They got a construction tour of the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout at DCA with Joe Rohde and Marvel's Joe Quesada. The ride will have multiple variations, rock n roll music from the movie, and will keep the same ride time and capacity. The setting is Tivan the Collector's museum where he is unveiling his latest collection the guardians of the galaxy. Visitors walk into a giant vault. The queue will feature other collections from the marvel universe. Visitors will also help Rocket who has escaped and is hiding in the vents, the goal is to free rocket and the other guardians. The riders will enter the elevator and turn off a generator, once the generator is off the elevator loses control. Joe Rohde says the ride will be high pace and frenetic. The elevator door may not always open it is random. The collection display will have tons of Easter eggs from Marvel movies, TV, and future things.

News

The Main Street Electrical Parade has returned to Disneyland! Some changes are the return of the Casey Jr. train and drum leading the parade. However the train still has the pixie dust that was added during its DCA return. The Tinkerbell float saw significant changes with the removal of the balloon on top. The rest of the parade looks refreshed, something it really needed.

Got to see it on periscope. Thought it looked great. I'm not sure if it is a memory lapse or what but it seemed like the soundtrack was either redone or toned down a bit. Sounded great

News

sorry if i should know this, but i haven't been on the boards very much lately. what is the current status of a magic kingdom night time parade? we are planning a trip in a few months and i have totally lost track of whether there will be a night parade or not. anyone? thanks in advance : )

News

From the Orange County Register on Twitter.

They got a construction tour of the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout at DCA with Joe Rohde and Marvel's Joe Quesada. The ride will have multiple variations, rock n roll music from the movie, and will keep the same ride time and capacity. The setting is Tivan the Collector's museum where he is unveiling his latest collection the guardians of the galaxy. Visitors walk into a giant vault. The queue will feature other collections from the marvel universe. Visitors will also help Rocket who has escaped and is hiding in the vents, the goal is to free rocket and the other guardians. The riders will enter the elevator and turn off a generator, once the generator is off the elevator loses control. Joe Rohde says the ride will be high pace and frenetic. The elevator door may not always open it is random. The collection display will have tons of Easter eggs from Marvel movies, TV, and future things.

While I am still glad the ToT in DHS isn't getting this treatment .... it sounds like a really cool ride!

sorry if i should know this, but i haven't been on the boards very much lately. what is the current status of a magic kingdom night time parade? we are planning a trip in a few months and i have totally lost track of whether there will be a night parade or not. anyone? thanks in advance : )

Currently no nighttime parade at MK and no plans for one at this time

Still have the new projection show (Once Upon a Time) and Wishes for nighttime entertainment

No night parade as far as the eye can see. Nothing is planned at the moment.

Am I crazy to think that MSEP may find it's way back to MK/WDW? Why would they devote the expense to refresh all the floats if they were planning on just using the parade for 6 months and then retiring it. Paint the Night is down for a lengthy modification. (Some indication that CMs were getting injured from some of the positioning on the floats.) However, PTN is supposed to be back by this summer. DLR has no need for two parades.

If they bring MSEP back to WDW...they get to sell it as "back by popular demand!" You get people more excited by taking something away and then returning it than by just keeping it there all along. (Sadly, humans will fall for this as something to be excited about.) WDW saves expenses for a year, DLR gets a temporary parade while PTN is down, and everyone wins.

If they bring MSEP back to WDW...they get to sell it as "back by popular demand!" You get people more excited by taking something away and then returning it than by just keeping it there all along. (Sadly, humans will fall for this as something to be excited about.) WDW saves expenses for a year, DLR gets a temporary parade while PTN is down, and everyone wins.

Except the folks who had vacations during its absence...hard to believe that they would just yank it out of one venue, fill the void with nothing, only to bring it back...if I ran the "world" and planned all along to bring it back, I would at least do something in addition to what is already there (Wishes, etc) just to keep a place holder for folks. But that's just me....

Am I crazy to think that MSEP may find it's way back to MK/WDW? Why would they devote the expense to refresh all the floats if they were planning on just using the parade for 6 months and then retiring it. Paint the Night is down for a lengthy modification. (Some indication that CMs were getting injured from some of the positioning on the floats.) However, PTN is supposed to be back by this summer. DLR has no need for two parades.

I totally get what you're saying (think of how fast those Disney dollars sold, and how much they would sell again, at least in the short term, if they brought them back).

I didn't know the reason why Paint the Night was going down...at first I thought refurb but then I thought how could something so new already need a refurb? If there were Cast Members getting injured, it makes sense that Disneyland had an unexpected need for a parade. Walt Disney World saw the opportunity to say, "Hey big bro...of course you can borrow our parade...but you have to pay to ship it out there".

What I'm not seeing is, why spend the extra money to add some original parade elements back? Especially if it's just going to go back to Walt Disney World in 6 months where they probably won't be using those elements.

Except the folks who had vacations during its absence...hard to believe that they would just yank it out of one venue, fill the void with nothing, only to bring it back...if I ran the "world" and planned all along to bring it back, I would at least do something in addition to what is already there (Wishes, etc) just to keep a place holder for folks. But that's just me....

Also, placeholders cost money, and if you can get away with spending no money as opposed to some money...no money wins.

When Paint the Night comes back is it going to be back full time or only for certain times of the year? I thought it was just for some times of the year and then the other days they would run MSEP :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter