News Round Up 2016

It just kind of makes sense. There's a lot of empty buildings and underused spaces in that particular area of the park, so I always thought it would eventually morph into something more substantial than the current Monsters Inc ride. Also interesting that they are also talking about the Frozen e-ticket coming to Disneyland.

That should be interesting.
Spirit mentioned the frozen ride a while back and now micechat has picked up on it. WDW of course is stuck with frozstrom...

Spirit mentioned the frozen ride a while back and now micechat has picked up on it. WDW of course is stuck with frozstrom...

Walt Disney World has been getting the short end of the stick in terms of unique attractions recently. Hopefully this changes as we get closer to the 50th and move past Pandora/Star Wars/Toy Story.

My reaction to this is still:

giphy.gif

Cost savings (they don't have to pay to license The Twilight Zone anymore) and synergy by promoting their own products and selling their own merchandise in the gift shop.

Cost savings (they don't have to pay to license The Twilight Zone anymore) and synergy by promoting their own products and selling their own merchandise in the gift shop.
If that's the case, can WDW TOT be far behind?

If that's the case, can WDW TOT be far behind?

I really don't foresee them changing WDW TOT to Guardians, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's incorporated somewhere.

It all really depends on how the Universal-Disney deal is worded. As I understand it, Disney can't use a good chunk of the Marvel characters east of the Mississippi due to Universal's licensing of their rights for their park. This includes Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, etc.

GOTG has been rumored to be outside of that agreement since Universal never developed the property, so it's the one thing Disney could bring to WDW.

The tea cups are going to be more interesting for sure.
They may need to add this sign which is at the Hong Kong Disneyland Tea Cups ride that indicates riders should be sober:
Tea Cups Sober Sign.jpg

(for the record they don't serve alcohol in the park but it is an easy train ride from downtown and I have some co-workers who have hit up the park after having a few drinks first)

I really don't foresee them changing WDW TOT to Guardians, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's incorporated somewhere.

It all really depends on how the Universal-Disney deal is worded. As I understand it, Disney can't use a good chunk of the Marvel characters east of the Mississippi due to Universal's licensing of their rights for their park. This includes Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, etc.

GOTG has been rumored to be outside of that agreement since Universal never developed the property, so it's the one thing Disney could bring to WDW.

GotG characters appeared in Magic Kingdom last year for the IPW conference, so they are not restricted under the agreement.

As a note, Cap also made an appearance at the Contemporary last year for another conference. The US/Marvel agreement is limited to the parks, not the entire property

I think ToT in Orlando will survive if this change ever happens. It just makes more sense to change Rock n Roller Coaster over there.

If it truly was all about not wanting to pay for the Twilight Zone rights, they could easily add the story from Tokyo's ToT and save quite a few bucks on re-theming.

They may need to add this sign which is at the Hong Kong Disneyland Tea Cups ride that indicates riders should be sober:
View attachment 166220

(for the record they don't serve alcohol in the park but it is an easy train ride from downtown and I have some co-workers who have hit up the park after having a few drinks first)

lol glad they think about that as well. Imagine how disastrous that would be. Hopefully they'll be strict regarding drunk behavior.

Well that's up in the air right now. Some sources say yes some say no and then others say DHS will only get a temporary overlay for ToT.

Also if they are limited with what Marvel they can put in the Orlando park it makes more sense to permanently change it in DCA as part of a full Marvel "land" vs just the one ride

I think ToT in Orlando will survive if this change ever happens. It just makes more sense to change Rock n Roller Coaster over there.

If it truly was all about not wanting to pay for the Twilight Zone rights, they could easily add the story from Tokyo's ToT and save quite a few bucks on re-theming.

lol glad they think about that as well. Imagine how disastrous that would be. Hopefully they'll be strict regarding drunk behavior.

agree - and I do think there is less likely of those issues at MK where there is just alcohol at the table service restaurants vs booths and "drinking around the world" at EPCOT. Not saying it doesn't happen but I don't recall many stories of drunk people at Animal Kingdom or DHS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter