News Round Up 2016

I never noticed how short Mickey Ave (their Main St) is - but it really is just like one small block - really puts the focus on that huge central hub. I guess that will be the main parade viewing area around that

Also thought it was interesting how they are building Dumbo that the load building cuts off the view of the Castle for much of the ride (or appears that way at least).

there is a lot of unused land - imagine how behind they would be if they were building up everything now!

I never noticed how short Mickey Ave (their Main St) is - but it really is just like one small block - really puts the focus on that huge central hub. I guess that will be the main parade viewing area around that

Also thought it was interesting how they are building Dumbo that the load building cuts off the view of the Castle for much of the ride (or appears that way at least).

there is a lot of unused land - imagine how behind they would be if they were building up everything now!
That unused land will likely be used for future expansion. They don't want this park to fail of course.

News/Rumor

The drivers and LMA workers that jumped in the pool after the final show were apparently fired from the company...

While it may not be a popular opinion, I can understand Disney on this one. These Cast Members went off-script (way off-script). If it wasn't approved by Disney, then they probably shouldn't have done it.

If I was transitioning out of a department in my company and on my last day I did something that was against the company's policy, I probably would get let go from my new position within the same company.

While it may not be a popular opinion, I can understand Disney on this one. These Cast Members went off-script (way off-script). If it wasn't approved by Disney, then they probably shouldn't have done it.

If I was transitioning out of a department in my company and on my last day I did something that was against the company's policy, I probably would get let go from my new position within the same company.
Well it was after the show and I would think the majority of guests had left except for the die gards who were there for the last show.

Well it was after the show and I would think the majority of guests had left except for the die gards who were there for the last show.

I see what you're saying but that still doesn't make it not against policy.

It wouldn't surprise me if there were OSHA violations by them doing the jumps into the water without certain safety precautions in place. I'm with mikepizzo, it doesn't surprise me they were let go for it (honestly I didn't know they had other jobs in the company).

Well, life guards were not present so the pool was closed. pirate: And there wasn't a proper fence around it. pirate: And come to think of it, they were probably not staying there and snuck in! pirate: I would be willing to bet one or more of them had a glass bottle to boot ! pirate: Pool vagabonds! pirate:

It wouldn't surprise me if there were OSHA violations by them doing the jumps into the water without certain safety precautions in place. I'm with mikepizzo, it doesn't surprise me they were let go for it (honestly I didn't know they had other jobs in the company).

I didn't see the video - but I agree Disney could have CAUSE for dismissal for what was done. Depending on how strict they are they could have been lenient, but Disney may not even have a choice in the matter. If the players involved are union, they may HAVE to let them go lest risk that next time someone does something reckless, they can't fire them because of past precedent.

Sorry, I don't agree. Watch the video.

This IMO is a group of hard working dedicated people who poured their life into this show celebrating the end of an iconic era. The remaining guests loved it and the other employees loved it. They jumped into a 3 foot deep pool of water. If this is truly the reason they were fired it is absurd. My company would never fire someone for something like this. Bloody ridiculous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter