News Round Up 2016

Imagine if both Captain America and Jungle Book surpass the 1 billion mark. With Zootopia, Captain America, Jungle Book, Alice (though I doubt it will be as big as the first one) and Finding Dory alone, 5 billion at the box office by summer doesn't seem impossible.

I get that the studios and parks and resorts are completely separate divisions, but can't they use the studios' spare change to help Shanghai out?

well, the sad thing is that it probably is. If the movies and other areas weren't doing as well I suspect the cuts would be even more severe (the areas are separate but easier to take a bit of a loss in one area if other areas are doing well)

well, the sad thing is that it probably is. If the movies and other areas weren't doing as well I suspect the cuts would be even more severe (the areas are separate but easier to take a bit of a loss in one area if other areas are doing well)
Usually if the movies aren't doing well that doesn't affect the parks. I think they'll use some of the money from the movie side to help out the TV side which is not doing so hot as we know.

Well, parks and resorts is not doing that bad either. They are making record profits, after all. Paris is still making profit, and though Hong Kong actually lost some money, it doesn't seem to be in a severe crisis right now. They are just investing a lot of money at the moment, with two Star Wars lands going on, Pandora, refurbishments throughout Paris, a couple of new experiences for Hong Kong, and Shanghai of course. With the exception of ESPN and a couple of hiccups here and there, the company as a whole is doing exceptionally well, so as cautionary as these cuts might be, it just seems odd to see such drastic measures being taken, especially at the expense of receiving bad publicity, which they are.

Photo update

Disneyland prepping for their own version of FP+ and autopia opens.

http://micechat.com/125248-fastpass-autopia-disneyland/

Interesting. A modified FP+ system for Disneyland probably means no 60 days for reservations and no magic bands. Considering that Disneyland is yet to have reliable wifi installed throughout the parks, I'm not sure how they are going to handle that right now. They could go for the kiosks and such, but if they really are planning to use the mobile app, that could become a problem. At least until they install the wifi, of course.

Interesting. A modified FP+ system for Disneyland probably means no 60 days for reservations and no magic bands. Considering that Disneyland is yet to have reliable wifi installed throughout the parks, I'm not sure how they are going to handle that right now. They could go for the kiosks and such, but if they really are planning to use the mobile app, that could become a problem. At least until they install the wifi, of course.
It's been said it will be done all on phones and be day of. For those that don't have phones I'm guessing they will have kiosks.

News/Rumor

The drivers and LMA workers that jumped in the pool after the final show were apparently fired from the company...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter