News Round Up 2016

I do love the themeing in the Asia section with all the prayer flags

Interesting that one side looks to have FP+ and one side does not. Wonder what that means for the dining packages - would that be part of FP+ or on the other side?
If it's like Fantasmic we can assume the dining packages will get the best seats for RoL. The Asian side theming is amazing compared to the theming for the Dinoland seating. By the looks of it, I would assume the dining packages will be seated on the Asian side but I could be totally wrong. :)

That looks pretty amazing. Though is it me or the building for the boat ride is kind of... small? I mean, smaller than the restaurant building.
Yeah it's been said that the boat ride will be around 5 minutes long which is pretty short for a boat ride.

Yeah it's been said that the boat ride will be around 5 minutes long which is pretty short for a boat ride.

It could be a matter of perspective. The building for the E-ticket is massive, after all. It still looks quite small compared to other buildings in the area though.

I'm hoping to see Jungle Book this weekend because that looks good. I believe it's currently at 92% on rotten tomatoes. I'm also interested to see what beauty and the beast is like.

Don't get me wrong, I will see most if not all of the others. I just don't particularly have high hopes for them until I see it myself or see some reviews. I'm glad it seems Jungle Book might actually be really good.

Is it the smallest of the 3 buildings?

Don't get me wrong, I will see most if not all of the others. I just don't particularly have high hopes for them until I see it myself or see some reviews. I'm glad it seems Jungle Book might actually be really good.

Is it the smallest of the 3 buildings?
I'm not sure if it's the smallest. It might be close.

Was there speculation about self-directed ride vehicles? Or am I mis-remembering? My point being if the boats could move within and throughout scenes, instead of only forward on a linear track, they could accomplish more in less space.

Was there speculation about self-directed ride vehicles? Or am I mis-remembering? My point being if the boats could move within and throughout scenes, instead of only forward on a linear track, they could accomplish more in less space.
Yes there was. This is rumored to use similar technology to the Pirates boat ride in Shanghai.

Okay, I know it doesn't take much to pour concrete and whatnot, but that looks a long way from being done (and aren't they loosely saying early 2017?).

That would be really cool as a Halloween overlay (like they do for haunted mansion with Nightmare before Christmas at Disneyland) - though I get why they don't like doing overlays at WDW

Easiest answer is that they don't have to do it to get crowds. Again, difference with dealing with trying to get locals to come back (DL) during a slower tourist season versus filling parks over and over with once a year (or once in a lifetime) type of visitors and relying a lot on the international visitors. Also, what you may not realize is in DL they have to take some rides down for a significant time to install the overlay (last year Haunted Mansion was closed Aug 24-Sept 10) so closing it would interfere with either the busy summer season or the start of MNSSHP season. Also, they have to take the ride back out of service again to remove the overlay. (WDW bean counters: Could we do it? Of course, but why have the extra expense when we are filling the parks anyway and why deal with guest complaints about this being the only time they could come in 5 years and their favorite ride was closed.)

Easiest answer is that they don't have to do it to get crowds. Again, difference with dealing with trying to get locals to come back (DL) during a slower tourist season versus filling parks over and over with once a year (or once in a lifetime) type of visitors and relying a lot on the international visitors. Also, what you may not realize is in DL they have to take some rides down for a significant time to install the overlay (last year Haunted Mansion was closed Aug 24-Sept 10) so closing it would interfere with either the busy summer season or the start of MNSSHP season. Also, they have to take the ride back out of service again to remove the overlay. (WDW bean counters: Could we do it? Of course, but why have the extra expense when we are filling the parks anyway and why deal with guest complaints about this being the only time they could come in 5 years and their favorite ride was closed.)

makes sense. The other reason I heard was that because WDW gets many more "once in a lifetime" visitors those people want to see the "real" haunted Mansion/Space Mountain, etc. ... rather than a temporary version if it is the only time they will see it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter