News Round Up 2016

Interesting Note

I have seen numerous sources saying this is going to be a very very interesting year for The Walt Disney Company.

I would think that if the initial guests talked about how empty the park was, they'd sell more tickets for $149, but if they want to fill it up for free and defeat that, more power to them.

DVC members have definitely paid their way anyway. A $149 bone now and then isn't a terrible idea. Even if it's not worth $149.
DVC members already got two free parties though this year for the DVC 25th anniversary.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/25th-anniversary/25-and-beyond-bash/

I'm hoping to see Jungle Book this weekend because that looks good. I believe it's currently at 92% on rotten tomatoes. I'm also interested to see what beauty and the beast is like.

We got our tickets for Saturday. We rewatched the original last weekend. I like the original for nostalgia reasons, but I agree it's not a high quality production. I'm still unsure of the new one. I really liked Maleficient, but they really did something awesome with that story, instead of just repackaging the original story. I think I will skip Peter Pan. Like others have said, there are way too many redos, like Spider Man:sad2:

I like the original for nostalgia reasons, but I agree it's not a high quality production. I'm still unsure of the new one. I really liked Maleficient, but they really did something awesome with that story, instead of just repackaging the original story.

The original Jungle Book holds a special place in my heart, but we're really looking forward to seeing the new one. I'm hoping to find time this weekend.

Maleficient is one of my favorites. I just watched it again with my daughter.

DVC members already got two free parties though this year for the DVC 25th anniversary.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/25th-anniversary/25-and-beyond-bash/

Reality is that the majority of DVC members won't get to taake advantage of those parties ... they were announced well after their respective 11-month booking timelines and it's not easy for a lot of us to throw together a short, last minute trip.

While I am not a fan of the After Hours event in general, I do think it's ok that Disney offered free entrance to DVC members to fill the park ... as long as capacity is capped at the same level it would be ifeveryone was paying for their ticket. One of the things about DVC is that perks can be offered (or altered, or eliminated) at any time.

You know if they did it as Dia de los Muertos rather than Coco in particular, I think that could be cool. Temporary, mind you.

EDIT - I didn't read boat ride part. I think doing up the pavilion for Dia de los Muertos on a temporary basis could be neat.

That would be really cool as a Halloween overlay (like they do for haunted mansion with Nightmare before Christmas at Disneyland) - though I get why they don't like doing overlays at WDW

I liked Maleficent until they tried to make her some sort of tragic hero. Like... No, Maleficent is one of Disney's most iconic and evil villains. She's not supposed to be the hero. I get the ''different side of the story'' approach, but I'm not a fan of them going against their own canon.

I think Cinderella was pretty well done, though.

I do love the themeing in the Asia section with all the prayer flags

Interesting that one side looks to have FP+ and one side does not. Wonder what that means for the dining packages - would that be part of FP+ or on the other side?
I don't think anything has been released about the other side yet. the one side the walls came up, so they know that they have FP there. The other side is still behind walls and nobody knows if it will be FP yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter