• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Must Have Treats to Try At Disney?

jessgap

Earning My Ears
We are coming to Disney World in October and want to try as many treats/snacks as we can!
What are everyone's not to be missed treats from all 4 parks?

I love the chocolate chip cookies in Norway at Epcot. They are soft and taste so good. Also the green tea soft serve ice cream in Japan is good. Basically Epcot has the best snacks.

Couple of new suggestions

MK - Nutella and fruit waffle from sleepy hollow and cream cheese pretzel from the lunching pad
Epcot - school bread in Norway and cronut from the refreshment port
AK - bloody Mary from dawa bar and rum dole whip from tamutamu ; )

New to Disney, what is a Dole Whip?

Dole pineapple frozen treat- like a soft serve ice cream. It comes in pineapple, pineapple/vanilla swirl, or orange/vanilla swirl. There is also a Dole float- the flavors listed with pineapple juice added. It's delicious and really hits the spot when it's hot! It's also available at the Polynesian Resort in addition to Magic Kingdom.

New to Disney, what is a Dole Whip?
Voila! The Dole whip:
images

Dole whip float:
images

Dole Whip float in MK from Aloha Isle (pineapple softserve in pineapple juice)

Jungle Juice slushie in AK From Harambe Popcorn

A cupcake in Hollywood Studios from Starring Rolls (or a counter service). They seem to rotate through interesting cupcake flavors depending on season or events at most of the counter service restaurants here. During the winter holiday season, I really like the gingerbread cupcake. And the Star Wars cupcakes during Star Wars weekends were cute.

In Epcot what I want as a treat always changes. Usually something from the World Showcase, but sometimes cheesecake from Sunshine Seasons.

In October I imagine all the parks will have some sort of special Halloween treats you might want to look for.

Since no one has mentioned it yet:

Jalapeno Cheddar Pretzel, available at AK (Harambe Fruit Market stand, in the Africa area) and I've heard they are also available in the World Showcase at Epcot. So warm and savory, and pretty filling, too. If I picked two WDW treats to magically appear in front of me right now, it'd be one of these hot pretzels and a Dole Whip Float.

The ice cream sandwiches from the ice cream parlor on Main Street were awesome, probably my favorite snack! Definitely share with someone though, they are huge. The Dole Whips and chocolate/caramel apples were definitely some of my favorites, too :)

#1. Dole Whip!!! DO NOT MISS!
Others in no particular order:
School Bread at Kringla Bakeri og Kafe in Norway at Epcot.
One of the Waffle treats at Sleepy Hollow in MK.
The carrot cake cookie at Writers Stop at DHS.
Mickey ice cream bar from anywhere.
Another crazy one for me is the generic chocolate cake cups they serve as dessert at just about all the counter service locations. It's really just chocolate cake that some people don't like but I love it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter