• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moana moving?

I will be at DHS on April 17th and had plans to bring my daughter to meet moana.. Oh boy this isnt good.

Helpful--thanks! Has she heard when?
If she mentioned it, I don't remember. But I would be very surprised if there was any down time. I imagine that Moana would say her goodbye to DHS at night, and then appear in MK the next day. But, who knows. This is Disney at work...who can figure out the way they do things.

If she mentioned it, I don't remember. But I would be very surprised if there was any down time. I imagine that Moana would say her goodbye to DHS at night, and then appear in MK the next day. But, who knows. This is Disney at work...who can figure out the way they do things.
Right, you would think they would announce it, but maybe not.

Didn't Tinkerbell and - quite a while ago - Periwinkle used to meet in Adventureland? Last trip I recall just Tinkerbell being at Town Hall where Mickey also was.
Yes, Tink and a Fairy friend (it varied but Periwinkle was one of them) met in the building that is now Skipper's Canteen.

I'm guessing that the Moana DHS meet was like Ralph and Vanellope, where the budget for it came from the movie studio marketing department. To keep her around the parks, the money would now come from the park operations budget, hence the need to cut a character to move her into MK.
This is how I have always understood it. They pay for the character out of budget A. When that runs out it's up to B to determine if they want to continue to pay for it or not. That's why they know the exact date she'll leave.

Does it cost significantly more to pay a character vs. a random cast member? It seems like it should be a fairly easy way to add value / push interest to a spot in a park, but maybe not.

Does it cost significantly more to pay a character vs. a random cast member? It seems like it should be a fairly easy way to add value / push interest to a spot in a park, but maybe not.
It does cost a lot more for an actor vs. a cashier/hotel clerk, etc. Characters are actors.
It does seem like they add value that would exceed their cost but I have no idea.
Sometimes, it's a matter of finding the right person. I believe they have struggled with Elena as she not only has to look the part and act the part she also has to speak Spanish. So sometimes they are limited just because there are fewer friends available to work

Sometimes, it's a matter of finding the right person. I believe they have struggled with Elena as she not only has to look the part and act the part she also has to speak Spanish. So sometimes they are limited just because there are fewer friends available to work

I dunno, a Spanish speaking latina in Florida? Seems like a pretty easy casting call to me! Of course they can't hire just one. I bet there are at least 3 "Friends of..." for every regular appearing character, especially visible humans rather than costumed characters.

But character meet n' greets are starting to be as popular (if not more so) than rides, and they have got to be cheaper. We just need the Disney bean-counters to realize this.

Yes because an hour of a non-stop meet and greet that's held outside entails having two character performers and an Attendant. Then, another character performer has to be available to cover lunch breaks. With face characters, there's a break/downtime in the scheduled meets to allow them their lunch breaks.

I dunno, a Spanish speaking latina in Florida? Seems like a pretty easy casting call to me! Of course they can't hire just one. I bet there are at least 3 "Friends of..." for every regular appearing character, especially visible humans rather than costumed characters.

But character meet n' greets are starting to be as popular (if not more so) than rides, and they have got to be cheaper. We just need the Disney bean-counters to realize this.
True but she's got to fit the costume and appearance too. So it's way more than Spanish

Dd and I were just talking about this a few days ago. Her bf went to an audition a few weeks ago....Star Lord was being looked for at that audition as well as other characters. Well....the bf said that this one guy made it through to the end, went to get videoed, and when he came out, all sorts of hair and makeup CMs swarmed him....tweaking his hair and such. Looks like he is probably going to be one of the those who get to hang out with the Star Lord!!!
In any case, dd told me that Moana is moving to AdventureLand. In the Skipper Canteen area, across from the Treehouse.
Any recent updates on this??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter