• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moana moving?

I know Rafiki meets, or maybe used to meet?, regularly in Adventureland -- right by the entrance, next to Sunshine Tree Terrace, on that little patio thing overlooking the castle moat. This was last summer though. I could see Moana moving there. There isn't much room for her anywhere else in the land!

We did meet Moana at DHS in January (3 times because my daughter loves her so much). We are going back in May and this time DD has a Moana costume and is super excited to show Moana that they are twinsies. I REALLY hope she is somewhere!!!! We plan to do Ohana breakfast and then meet Moana while DD is dressed up - MK would be even better for us staying at The Poly! Will be watching this thread please update if anyone hears anything.

I know Rafiki meets, or maybe used to meet?, regularly in Adventureland -- right by the entrance, next to Sunshine Tree Terrace, on that little patio thing overlooking the castle moat. This was last summer though. I could see Moana moving there. There isn't much room for her anywhere else in the land!
Rafiki has been meeting by the rocks across sunshine terrace, the patio has been behind walls so they might be getting ready for Moana there

We would be so excited if Moana moves to MK! She is on our must see list for our June trip!

I thought Rafiki was part of the last MK character cut?
Also I heard Starlord wasn't a meet but a street show like Dr Strange was & ive only heard a groot meet announced at DCA would love one in HS

I don't understand why Disney keeps axing characters, especially when their movies are so popular.

I really want to meet Moana on our trip in May, so I'm hoping the powers that be are smart enough to move her somewhere and not make her disappear.

I don't understand why Disney keeps axing characters, especially when their movies are so popular.
It's all about the $$$ that's why the nick and judy meet at AK was cut before it even began and they have only met at MVMCP (aside from riding in move it shake it)

I thought Rafiki was part of the last MK character cut?
Also I heard Starlord wasn't a meet but a street show like Dr Strange was & ive only heard a groot meet announced at DCA would love one in HS
I've seen Rafiki the past 3 weeks everytime I go, not sure if he's back just during spring break. I haven't heard about Groot here either, just Star Lord

Sounds like Moana needs to hire some fast and efficient movers :P

I just prepped my boys that Moana is moving and may not be ready when we go, lol.

I really want to meet Moana on our trip in May, so I'm hoping the powers that be are smart enough to move her somewhere and not make her disappear.
I'm guessing that the Moana DHS meet was like Ralph and Vanellope, where the budget for it came from the movie studio marketing department. To keep her around the parks, the money would now come from the park operations budget, hence the need to cut a character to move her into MK.

Hmmm, I didn't know Rafiki was in MK. I thought he was only in AK. I'll have to check that out. I'm going to have to rework my TP. We are doing a character heavy day in MK but I don't know if we can fit in Moana too. I really hope she moves and isn't cut.

This isn't making my custom autograph books easier to finish, Disney. :charac2:

I'm really, really, really hoping that Star Lord and especially Groot is a meet and greet. We are a big ol' family of nerds and this would be awesome for us if it were ready to go in May. Also want to meet Moana so hoping that is ready to go also.

Following! We will be there in June and my granddaughter loves Moana!!! I hope we will be able to see her!

Well they made room for Elena before the show was even out. I'm not a fan of her and neither are my kids. We'd love to see Moana though! Hope she makes it to MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter