MNSSHP for a weekend trip?

kuhltiffany

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done a weekend trip just for MNSSHP? Now that our mortgage is almost paid off and before the kids don’t want to travel with us anymore (18/19 now), we want to create some fun memories.

We went to MNSSHP for the first time during our trip last summer but felt like it wasn’t enough, so would try to find a time we could go twice in one weekend (if it’s possible?).

Any tips? Traveling from Ottawa…

Yes! We’ve done it! And had an excellent time. :thumbsup2

But you’ll need a long weekend since parties are typically on a Friday and Sunday. We flew out early Friday morning. Checked into our resort and swam for a few hours.

Went to a party Friday night. Stayed super late and slept in on Saturday.
Went to a party Sunday night. Stayed super late and slept in on Monday. Asked for a late checkout. Sometimes they’re able to grant that, so luckily we didn’t have to be out of our room til 1pm.

We book the latest flight home so we can relax and head to the airport with plenty of time to spare. Zero stress.

There are usually also some party dates that fall on Thursday and Friday. So you could be back home before Monday.

One thing that works for us is, we always have a big late lunch somewhere (between 2 and 3pm) before entering the park at 4pm. And then we just snack the night away. :)

That sounds like fun! I enjoyed the Halloween parties I've been to, and the Christmas one as well. You might get lucky with Porter direct flights, not sure how far their schedule is going ahead now but they were nice to fly for March Break and seem to offer a lot of discounts.

Hoping to do this fall! My plan is to fly down on Thursday evening (the Friday morning flight is 5:30am and that would be super early on top of a late night at the party) and stay at POP. If not trying to do it as low cost as possible I would look into staying at the Contemporary or Bay Lake Tower (can rent DVC points) to be able to just walk back after the party. Friday we'll hang out by the pool and relax during the day and be at MK for 3-3:30 to get in at 4ish. Fly home on Saturday late afternoon. My travel partners will be my DIL and 5 yo granddaughter. Hoping to surprise her with the trip last minute. I can't wait!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter