MAY W.I.S.H. - Let's make it an aMAYzing Month

I'm thankful that DD tested negative for covid! She was exposed on Friday, and tested negative on rapid, but it took until just a couple of hours ago to get the results of the PCR. She has bad allergies, and she wasn't sure if her symptoms were actually covid.
It's that time of year again, for everyone's least favorite game:
Allergies, a cold or covid?
*cue the entrance music and host with comically tiny microphone"

The most healthful thing I've done this week is to finally go to the doctor. He helped me sort thru the options for allergy maintenance, so hopefully I have a good plan now.

The weekend is forecast to be rainy, but there are a couple yard work things I really want to get done so I'll suck it up and just get wet. Same with getting out for a couple walks. My big thing for the weekend is to completely clear out the 'fridge, which I've tried to do so many times but never seemed to get it completely cleared. I need to do a complete reset on my diet and resetting the fridge seems like a necessary part of that.

Other than that I see a lot of binge watching 'Grace and Frankie' coming my way. I'm just on season two, so they will be with me for a while.

I was definitely on track this week, but I am a little worried about the weekend especially since my DD is taking my DH and I out to eat on Mother’s Day to one of my favorite places.

DH stayed home today for the dishwasher delivery and the installation of the pool heater and propane tank. The installer didn’t check to make sure that the cord reached the outlet which it doesn’t. I mean, this is his only job, and he didn’t verify that the heater could be plugged in? Really?! So when the inspector comes on Monday, I don’t expect that to go well.

DH bought petunias for the deck since he had time and I am glad because the last couple of years it’s been slim pickings. If we waited until Saturday, the ones I wanted would have been gone.

SOCIAL SATURDAY
1651899138889.png

If you could...

...hang out with any Disney character, who would it be and what would you do?
... teleport yourself anywhere today, where would you go?

... be part of any TV show, which one would it be and who would your character be?
... live anywhere in the world for one year, where would that be?

SOCIAL SATURDAY
View attachment 667540

If you could...

... be part of any TV show, which one would it be and who would your character be?
I love this idea! So fun!

I would love to go with Cinderella to the ball so that I could wear a ballgown, ride in Cinderella's coach, and dance at the ball. I would basically be third-wheeling Cinderella and Prince Charming lol.👸👸🤴

I would immediately teleport to sunny hot Hawaii🌺🌴🌋. (It's cold and rainy today, and my allergies and arthritis are awful.)

I currently have two favorite shows that I would love to be a part of: "This is Us," I would love to be whomever Kevin💕(Justin Hartley) ends up marrying, and in "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel," I would love to play Midge👗👛👠. Her fashion, big mouth, and comedic talent are amazing.

I would live in sunny Southern California for one year in a gorgeous beach house directly on the Pacific Ocean so that I could swim, gaze at the ocean view, and listen to the calming waves every day.
:sunny:🌊🌅

If you could...

Hmmmm... Chip and Tink are my favorites but I'm not sure I'd want to hang out with them? I kind of like Lily James, so I'll say her version of Cinderella and we'd fix ourselves a nice meal in the outdoor kitchen at Swiss Family Tree House and then just sit around and chat.

I think I'll head to Disney World for the day. As predicted it is wet here today, and cold, so spending a leisurely day wandering around EPCOT in sunny 90 degree weather would be delightful way to spend a Saturday.
I'm really enjoying 'Grace and Frankie' right now, so that is what I'll chose. Living on the beach would be lovely, so I'd be a (much younger) neighbor who kind of has a girl crush on both of them.
I'm really interested in France right now and living in a small village within easy reach of Paris.

I love this idea! So fun!

I would love to go with Cinderella to the ball so that I could wear a ballgown, ride in Cinderella's coach, and dance at the ball. I would basically be third-wheeling Cinderella and Prince Charming lol.👸👸🤴

I would immediately teleport to sunny hot Hawaii🌺🌴🌋. (It's cold and rainy today, and my allergies and arthritis are awful.)

I currently have two favorite shows that I would love to be a part of: "This is Us," I would love to be whomever Kevin💕(Justin Hartley) ends up marrying, and in "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel," I would love to play Midge👗👛👠. Her fashion, big mouth, and comedic talent are amazing.

I would live in sunny Southern California for one year in a gorgeous beach house directly on the Pacific Ocean so that I could swim, gaze at the ocean view, and listen to the calming waves every day.
:sunny:🌊🌅
I think I like your idea of going to the ball with Cindy even better!

... hang out with any Disney character, who would it be and what would you do?
If I pick Ariel, does that mean I get to be a mermaid for a day?!

I love the Hawaii answer!!

My first thought was The Brady Bunch - just as a friend of one of the kids, so I could visit the 70s and that house and be immersed in nostalgia whenever I wanted.

Disney World! - I'd like to try out every resort, one by one, over the course of the year.

hang out with any Disney character, who would it be and what would you do?
I would hang out Mirabel...get to know the fam
I would go somewhere warm and relaxing. I have a cold and the weather is gross. I would like to just curl and and chill somewhere above 60.

Tough one. Something silly with a lot of heart. Either Modern Famiy or Home Economics. I'd be some random relative that shows up once or twice a year to hang out for a week
Maybe FL to try out being a snowbird.

-hang out with any Disney character, who would it be and what would you do? I would say Belle, she is my favorite Princess! I would love to visit her and the Beast in the castle and meet the crew there!!

-teleport yourself anywhere today, where would you go? I would go back in time to have one more good day with my Grandmother before she got dementia. Things seemed to go downhill so quickly, she was fine and it seemed overnight she had full blown dementia. She lived happily at a wonderful assisted living facility for many years and I went every week and sat with her, ate meals, did crafts…but one more pre dementia day would be a dream come true for me!

- be part of any TV show, which one would it be and who would your character be? Gilmore girls for sure and a employee at Lorelias inn! My daughter and I always talk about how cool it would be to live in such a small town with so much charm!

-live anywhere in the world for one year, where would that be? Gulf coast of Florida for sure, probably Fort Myers area

Happy mothers day all! The day can bring some complicated emotions and dynamics. But it is nice to recognize the mothers and mother figures in our lives.

Today's self care is DOING NOTHING. The cold has traveled and with everyone sniffling we are staying put. Planting some more veggies, doing some baking, take out for dinner.

Mother's Day can be so difficult. I lost my Mom as a freshman in college, so she missed my graduation, wedding, first teaching job, and the miraculous birth of my daughter. It used to be a day filled with pain and loss. Just the sight of mothers and daughters out shopping together and having lunch used to destroy me. The birth of my daughter after years of infertility treatments helped tremendously in healing my grief. I still cry on Mother's Day, but almost 40 years after her death, those tears are more nostalgic than grief-stricken.

I have two students who were removed from their mothers by DCF due to drug addiction and unsafe homes less than two months ago. I had to handle preparations for Mother's Day very carefully explaining that his Grandma and her Uncle will be celebrated today. Those heroes who took in those confused young children providing loving and safe homes deserve to to celebrated and honored on Mother's Day. They will receive the plants that they grew from seeds, the flower pots they decorated, and the cards they created with love.

Amen to Mother's Day being difficult.
Mother's Day can be so difficult. I lost my Mom as a freshman in college, so she missed my graduation, wedding, first teaching job, and the miraculous birth of my daughter. It used to be a day filled with pain and loss. Just the sight of mothers and daughters out shopping together and having lunch used to destroy me. The birth of my daughter after years of infertility treatments helped tremendously in healing my grief. I still cry on Mother's Day, but almost 40 years after her death, those tears are more nostalgic than grief-stricken.

I have two students who were removed from their mothers by DCF due to drug addiction and unsafe homes less than two months ago. I had to handle preparations for Mother's Day very carefully explaining that his Grandma and her Uncle will be celebrated today. Those heroes who took in those confused young children providing loving and safe homes deserve to to celebrated and honored on Mother's Day. They will receive the plants that they grew from seeds, the flower pots they decorated, and the cards they created with love.
Thank you for all you do for the kids you teach!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter