May Pre-Trip & Trip Reports

Glad to hear you guys arrived Ok. Good pics of the sights. They sure are getting some work done

Maybe I was just not observant before but I just noticed on the Fort map they gave me today there was no 2100 loop shown on the map.
View attachment 165911
Good observation Disneypeach! I hadn't picked that up when I was there. Here's a pic of the map I saved from my 2014 trip.
IMG_20160501_201830203_zpsym888ai5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
That's a really nice and shady site you're set up in.

Jeff - This site (1814) was on my list of sites that looked good in pictures I'd seen online so I was very happy to get one without even having to ask!

Nice to know that I'm not totally unobservant, on the map change that is :)
Peach (aka Lynda)

Looks like an awesome site Peach! Glad you made it.

Yeah, the one who controls the map can just "make things disappear". I've noticed that when hiking and backpacking in the mountains, you might come across an intersection that is NOT on the map. Or find an old collapsed mine entrance that is conveniently missing.

That's why we need spies like you to fill in the gaps that are 2100 or poke that camera inside River Country. They usually hide the good stuff. :scratchin

Bama Ed

We're here! In the 1700 loop and it seems pretty nice. Haven't had much time to explore so we're looking forward to making some rounds with our golf cart tomorrow.
I'd post pictures but all I have is my phone and it says they're too big to upload. Is there a way to re-size iPhone photos?

We're here! In the 1700 loop and it seems pretty nice. Haven't had much time to explore so we're looking forward to making some rounds with our golf cart tomorrow.
I'd post pictures but all I have is my phone and it says they're too big to upload. Is there a way to re-size iPhone photos?

I wonder if you could email it you yourself and choose one of the smaller formats.....?

Oklahoma, where the wind comes rollin' down the plains, Oh wait, that's the movie Twister. Boy that's a drive, hopefully the weather stays dry for your travels. WELCOME TO THE FORT :welcome:
You will have a blast. Try to post pics or a little trip report if ya can, it helps keep the rest of us sane? :rotfl2:

Ruthies...can't have withdrawl going on...a couple of more Fort pics...the canal behind the 1800 loop. Please note that I caught the elusive orange cone on camera...rare to see it out in the grass during the daylight hours. I think it was grazing....
DSCN0067.JPG

I love the 1800 loop! Excellent spot indeed. What are they doing to the 2100 loop?

Melissa, girl, you gotta keep up. :teacher:

This thread had rolled onto page 2 but it has links to other related threads back into early March. 2100 is going to convert BACK to a camping loop (as it once was when it was initially built).

http://www.disboards.com/threads/2100-loop-update-moving-on-out.3504162/

Bama Ed

PS - also see the April Trip Report pages 13 & 14 for pix of cabins rolling down the road.

I haven't been around in a few months. Pregnancy + Homeschool has kept me off the internet. I will check that out - thanks!

Melissa, girl, you gotta keep up. :teacher:

This thread had rolled onto page 2 but it has links to other related threads back into early March. 2100 is going to convert BACK to a camping loop (as it once was when it was initially built).

http://www.disboards.com/threads/2100-loop-update-moving-on-out.3504162/

Bama Ed

PS - also see the April Trip Report pages 13 & 14 for pix of cabins rolling down the road.

I haven't been around in a few months. Pregnancy + Homeschool has kept me off the internet. I will check that out - thanks!

Good evening, Melissa. I have been thinking of you this past week, with the horrible tragedy of the Illinois mom/family returning to Illinois from a weekend at the Dells. Hope this finds you ready for a new little person, and your husband happily planting corn! We finished, and are waiting for a bit more warmth and our alfalfa to grow. Sunday we are heading to Thomson, Il, to the COE campground for a week of relaxing. Even taking our bikes, oh wow!! Stay well, happy and healthy rest of your pregnancy and birth. Say hi to your family, from your "up north" neighbors. Barb & Bill (With the 2100 loop opened for camping, it means you can now purchase that right for your family RV).

Hi Melissa,

Welcome back! I hoped the baby business was going well and that wasn't the reason you were gone. Last we heard, you were having a rough 1st trimester.

Things seem to be hopping at the Fort and WDW. Lots of changes.

BTW, heading towards you in a week. Going to Sangchris SP on the 13th to see the Lincoln stuff around Springfield.

j

Barb - We are all safe and sound, thank you for your thoughts. Glad to know your finished with corn. We have had a great deal of rain here and hubby is 2 days out from finishing corn. It has been wet for a week here (ugh). But this afternoon, things dried off enough for him to hop back on it. He hopes to get the corn finished by Saturday night. We have another few days of rain in the forecast after that. Sure would like him to finish corn and to have him around on Mother's Day sure would be nice :) Happy Mother's Day to you! And Happy Camping!

Jim - Second trimester prove to be even rougher than the first. I had/have about enough energy to keep up the kids school work and to keep them alive, that's about it. Hanging in there, 10 more weeks. Baby is good, strong, and growing well. Really no complaints. We are blessed!
Hope your new 5th wheel is getting some good use!

Good evening, Melissa. I have been thinking of you this past week, with the horrible tragedy of the Illinois mom/family returning to Illinois from a weekend at the Dells. Hope this finds you ready for a new little person, and your husband happily planting corn! We finished, and are waiting for a bit more warmth and our alfalfa to grow. Sunday we are heading to Thomson, Il, to the COE campground for a week of relaxing. Even taking our bikes, oh wow!! Stay well, happy and healthy rest of your pregnancy and birth. Say hi to your family, from your "up north" neighbors. Barb & Bill (With the 2100 loop opened for camping, it means you can now purchase that right for your family RV).

Hi Melissa,

Welcome back! I hoped the baby business was going well and that wasn't the reason you were gone. Last we heard, you were having a rough 1st trimester.

Things seem to be hopping at the Fort and WDW. Lots of changes.

BTW, heading towards you in a week. Going to Sangchris SP on the 13th to see the Lincoln stuff around Springfield.

j

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter