March 2023 W.I.S.H.- Spring Into Health!

Happy Whoooohoooo Wednesday!!! Love the picture by the way-great choice @Oneanne ☺️

A few thing to whooohooo today-I am on week 10 of my workout program and I am scheduled to finish right on time! Hooray! It’s been hard and often it’s the last thing I want to do but I am pushing through 5 days a week and getting it done!

Sun has been out here and it has been mild enough for 10 minute walks around the block a few times a day-and I have to move FAST to keep warm-which is a good thing!

DD and I went to the movies last night for the first time in probably 5 years, due to the horrible condition of our local movie theater. It was bought out recently and they replaced every seat with heater recliners! We had a absolutely wonderful time and saw Jesus Revolution which we both enjoyed very much. If you go take tissues-my nose is still recovering from the harsh snack stand napkins!

Macro counting is going well-it’s been easy and I am pleased with my weight loss so far-it’s minimal but I am not gaining like I was on the “new” weight watchers program (and I was following it with complete accuracy and honesty). I can gain weight on my own I certainly don’t need to pay a monthly fee to do it 😂

I hope everyone has a great day!!

Woowhoo no one got sick last night! DS10 was back at school today and DD has not gotten sick since yesterday afternoon so hopefully she'll be back at school tomorrow....fingers crossed DS7 keeps up with his just having the sniffles. I'm not 100% but am better than yesterday.
Woowhoo temps are forecast to be pretty steadily in the 40s

Topic Tuesday:
I just love art. I used to do something artistic every day when I taught PreK. Now I'm so busy with academics, my para usually gets to do the fun stuff. She was out for a couple of days and because I really felt the need to take my winter themed bulletin board down, I got to do an art project with the kids. It took a few days because I did it in small groups. It was so fun to get out the glue and glitter! I find art to be very therapeutic.

Even though it's not a physical activity, I find reading fiction to be very relaxing. It takes my mind off the stressors in my life and it helps me relax so I can fall asleep. I prefer to read actual books rather than a kindle.

WOO HOO Wednesday:

10 days since I caught the cold, I'm finally better. That was a very bad one. DD is very sick with it now to the point where she tested twice for covid, negative. That awful stomach virus is wreaking havoc through my school and is very active in my classroom. I really hope I don't get it.

I'll also woohoo for Spring coming.. we've had mostly sunshine the past few days and if you stand in the direct sunshine there's just a touch of warmth to it.

Hopefully this will turn into a woohoo... I got sucked into taking the new Noom quiz yesterday and they hooked me by predicting I will actually lose about 30 pounds between now and the cruise if I follow their program. Seems like a lot, but I have been thinking about doing something that will give me structure and force more accountability, so I'm going to do it for 6 months and see. I know Summer, you're getting good results with it, and I did do well with it back in 2020, so I'm optimistic.

And woohoo... I have the naturopath appointment today. I'm starting to feel like I'm coming out of the post-move burnout period, but I'm still looking for her to help me put together a solid supplement/vitamin program for ADHD support so I can move forward.
That's great news! When I do my reading and follow the plan, I do well. The psychological component is key. I have found nothing else that works for me like NOOM has. My only complaint is that my coach quit and this time, she wasn't replaced. I'm at the point where I don't necessarily need one for accountability. I feel like all of you have become that for me. Best wishes for much success!!!

THANKFUL THURSDAY

32522404_s.jpg

What are you thankful for this week?

I am thankful that I've been happy with the support people I've connected with: the Pilates teacher, the Chiropractor, the Massage gal and now the Naturopath, who I really like... a lot. She had some solid ideas of things to do for the ADHD, and I'm excited to give them a try.

I am thankful that when I was packing to move I found my birth certificate and thought to tuck it into my high school annual and to make a mental note of where the annual was packed so it would be easy to find. It sure was nice to just pull it out of the tote it was in, no stress no bother... I've got everything together for my passport appointment tomorrow.

Thankful that I have a girls day planned tomorrow with my sister in law! It came together last minute-literally just a few moments ago! We are going to stop by Crumbl cookie and get one to share and go to the movies then go to hibachi for lunch!! Can’t wait!

Thankful for beautiful sunny days this week and being able to walk outside everyday!

How has this week been for you?
Kind of "fuzzy" - we just got back from vacation Sunday, and I'm still out of my normal routines.

What are the highlights of March so far?
Said vacation :beach:

Any big plans for the weekend?
No. We're planning a quiet weekend on purpose.

This has been a pivotal week for me. I've started to come out of my post-move/post-cold funk, and then having a massage, doctor appt and chiro adjustment has propelled me even further. I had been thinking only about how my ADHD was triggered by the moving stress, but it was really over all exhaustion... mental and physical. I'm only realizing how much now that it is lifting.

And the game is on with Noom, it is already helping me to stop and think about my choices. The accountability of logging your food is a powerful thing. I got in 7800 steps yesterday, partly because I still had the energy after work to go to the beach for a walk.

As has become the Saturday tradition, the weekend starts with a trip to the recycle center to drop off boxes, followed by dropping off an Amazon return at the UPS store. I think I'll go to the place out at the airport for breakfast, which will be new to me. Sunday I think I am finally going to go to Poulsbo to explore and do some shopping which, aside from the trip to the fancy grocery store with my Niece, will be the first time I've left town since moving six weeks ago.

Last edited:
Friday!!!!! We made it 🎉!!! I hope the start to the weekend was good for everyone!!!

Today was a much needed day for me-I ate junk, laughed, cried and feel great about all of it. Had a great day out with my sister in law and I am so glad we were able to spend the day together!

Weekend plans-volunteering at the SPCA tomorrow morning, DD works in the afternoon.

Sunday will be church and my nieces 1st birthday party!! So excited to celebrate a entire year of joy that she has brought our family ❤️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter