Marathon Weekend 2024

I think this might be our last hurrah for runDisney. We're not getting any younger. My DW has wanted to do the C2C challenge, and it looks like it should come back. So I'll let her do it, and then she just might hang up her running shoes, at least for the long distances.

A bit annoyed that RD only announced one race weekend for DL, and it just so happens to replace Star Wars Light Side. Does this mean we should only expect the one race weekend in 2024, or might we see another one in the fall? Because that might work out better for me but it depends on when it happens. As it stands I might have to choose between DL and WDW, I can’t do both.

A bit annoyed that RD only announced one race weekend for DL, and it just so happens to replace Star Wars Light Side. Does this mean we should only expect the one race weekend in 2024, or might we see another one in the fall? Because that might work out better for me but it depends on when it happens. As it stands I might have to choose between DL and WDW, I can’t do both.

Looks like only the one DL race, and it's the weekend after MW.

But, you get to register for it next month, based on what they just released.
They only released the schedule through the first half of 2024, so there’s still a distinct possibility of a fall 2024 race, probably over Labor Day Weekend when the DLH races were held. It does, however, mean that a return of Tinkerbell Weekend is likely not in the cards at this point.

They only released the schedule through the first half of 2024, so there’s still a distinct possibility of a fall 2024 race, probably over Labor Day Weekend when the DLH races were held. It does, however, mean that a return of Tinkerbell Weekend is likely not in the cards at this point.

Great point.

The 2024-2025 season may well have some additional options.

I wonder if the DL race is going to be as difficult to enter as MW? May make those ClubRD memberships even more valuable?

We will return someday. The memories of 2020 and DIS friends that year are a strong incentive.

In fact: I think I'll now go spend time outside with Austin and then go for a run.

Great point.

The 2024-2025 season may well have some additional options.

I wonder if the DL race is going to be as difficult to enter as MW? May make those ClubRD memberships even more valuable?
MW hasn’t been typically as difficult to enter as the last couple. The combination of pandemic revenge travel and the 2022 races along with a theme that caught fire on social media for the 2023 races really made those registrations atypically difficult. I’m expecting MW registrations to slow down a good bit here soon.

On the other hand, I expect the first few DL races to make the recent MW registrations look like a pleasant walk in the park(s). There’s a massive pent-up demand for DL races and they’re smaller races than MW and Princess. It’s going to be like buying tickets for a Taylor Swift concert occurring during this year’s MW races. I’m glad to be sitting them out!

I expect the first DL registration to be very bad, particularly if they don’t decide to clarify if there will be other race weekends next year. It’s a good bet that they’ll have something but it would be nice to have that confirmed.

Since the calendar ends with springtime 2024 I would not be surprised if a fall DL event goes between virtual shorts and wine & dine during the previous Disneyland Half’s time slot also will be interesting if they still do castaway challenge in 2024 (because while it did happen when lightside was that weekend I’m sure demand for coast to coast is greater)

I'm betting there will be more. They typically had races in January, May, September and November. And as someone pointed out, this only goes through Spring Surprise.

My platinum membership says WDW races but since DLR mentions CrD registration I’m wondering if it will work.

I'm betting the folks who wrote the Club stuff didn't know DL races were coming back when they opened registration last year. Unless they decide to create a whole other club for west coast, it looks like they are grandfathering us in!

ETA: As I speculated a few months ago, I think next time they do open membership for the next year, there will be another membership tier (with additional cost) that covers both coasts.

Idk if I'll be back for MW next year but following along. I'll probably shoot for DL but I also think that registration will be NUTS. So, depending on how this weekend goes, I may consider it for an undetermined combo of races next year.

MW 2024 registration is on the eve of my departure for Springtime Surprise. I don’t think that I will be able to convince anyone, including myself, that it would be a good idea to register with that timing!

Dang... Now I wanna also do Disneyland the week after the marathon weekend... It will get me 10 medals if the coast-to-coast medal returns

I did that once in 2016 and it was a lot of miles... 67.9 total in 10 days
Add in a Disneyland 5k and have an even 71 miles and 11 medals!

Dang... Now I wanna also do Disneyland the week after the marathon weekend... It will get me 10 medals if the coast-to-coast medal returns

I did that once in 2016 and it was a lot of miles... 67.9 total in 10 days
Add in a Disneyland 5k and have an even 71 miles and 11 medals!

2015 WDW Marathon Weekend had Dream Cruise following with Inaugural MW CC 5K with a beautiful medal for completion of the 5K. Someone here jokingly mentioned about completing a Palindrome MW Weekend of 5K + 10K + 1/2 marathon + FULL marathon + 1/2 marathon + 10K + 5K.

I took up the challenge doing Dopey included my M&M McFlurry stop at McDonald's during the Marathon and on Monday morning I completed a 1/2 Marathon at FW (started at 3AM) then onto the Bus to PC to board DREAM and Tuesday at 4AM on deck for my 10K and on Wednesday we had the CC 5K. Palindrome done with 7days and 71miles. At 64.5yo that was my LAST DOPEY thanks to PCa (Prostate Cancer) diagnosis that March. Being beat down by the PCa and bone/bone knees my last WDW Marathon was in 2019 so now these years later I'd like to try for the 2024 marathon and will get out between now and April to check for progress to get back to some decent Speed Walking if knees permit using the Chi Walking Method.

My PR for WDW Marathon is 2011 Marathon (finale in the then Un-Official Dopey) with a time of 4:56:28 Speed Walking using Chi Walking method.

McFlurry John

p.s. - Good Luck to ALL starting in hours for the 2023 WDW MW events

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter