Marathon Weekend 2016

I read somewhere that they allow you to change your shirt size after getting the kit, if it doesn't fit well. Is it true?

I would love to know this as well! I just took the time to measure my current shirts (so I can register for the correct size tomorrow) ... and realized that I asked for a size too big for my DL race in September :sad2:

I would love to know this as well! I just took the time to measure my current shirts (so I can register for the correct size tomorrow) ... and realized that I asked for a size too big for my DL race in September :sad2:

Yes you can exchange! I was rapidly losing weight over the last year and went from an XL to a M from when I registered to race date. I had no problems exchanging sizes.

There is a shirt exchange at the Expo,I've never had to change it but I've seen the sign.
Thanks for sharing!

Yes you can exchange! I was rapidly losing weight over the last year and went from an XL to a M from when I registered to race date. I had no problems exchanging sizes.
Thank you! Good job on the weight loss! I'm hoping to follow in your footsteps :thumbsup2

Yep I'll confirm too! Two friends had to switch shirts for the princess in 2013 and one did for the ToT in October.

Well, I did it. I just registered for #Dopey. I really hope that the # will disappear eventually... I was going to wait until noon (6 p.m. over here) to be on the safe side, but the Internet connection in our office has broken down a few times in the morning, so I decided to take the risk and "cheat". Unfortunately, my credit card won't be charged for a few days (overseas payments seem to take longer) - I will definitely spend more than one sleepless night... :worried:

Dopey will (hopefully :o) be the start of my "Coastinent to Coastinent" challenge (not being a native English speaker, I actually do like the sound of that! :rotfl2:), with Tink and Paris completing the set. 2016 is not going to be a cheap year, but at least I'll get some bling to make up for it.

Well as of now you can no longer access registration, wich I can only figure means they are setting it up for noon today....SO now the Real Fun begins....The next 4 hours are going to seem like forever LOL here's hoping that everyone that isn't already registered gets in without any issues....GOOD LUCK ALL!!!

I used the registration confirmation page to pull a list of people from Chicago who are registered. Six of the 29 have # before the race name.

I wonder what the # means

it was on the registration page that became avaible yesterday....our guess is they were place holders to convert over to general registration today but were somehow left active yesterday and some people used them to register yesterday

it was on the registration page that became avaible yesterday....our guess is they were place holders to convert over to general registration today but were somehow left active yesterday and some people used them to register yesterday

Well i figured it out. Called rundisney to confirm. Turns out it was a deferral code and they cancelled my registrations for my mother and I. I need to re-register at 12

So the best plan today is to have your active account ready to go and be online at noon eastern right? Looking forward to registering for our first half!

OMG...now I'm not being able to check my registration anymore.
I have the confirmation email...but I really am scared!
o_O

Did you get an email canceling your registrations?
How do you know for sure that # registrations are going to be cancel by runDisney? I'm afraid of registering in duplicity...:sad:

Did you get an email canceling your registrations?
How do you know for sure that # registrations are going to be cancel by runDisney? I'm afraid of registering in duplicity...:sad:
She told me on the phone but I haven't gotten anything yet. So I'm now afraid of the same thing. But I figured I'd rather have two then fight them later and say you told me you were canceling them than have none?

So the best plan today is to have your active account ready to go and be online at noon eastern right? Looking forward to registering for our first half!

if you have the direct link it should actually go live a little bit early so I would be ready with that link around 1145 and then you should be good to go... The active account isn't necessary but if you have one it may speed you up as it should prefill some of the info for you

Well i figured it out. Called rundisney to confirm. Turns out it was a deferral code and they cancelled my registrations for my mother and I. I need to re-register at 12

something like this is exactly what I was afraid of and why I chose not to use it yesterday....but at least you found out now and can still register today

if you have the direct link it should actually go live a little bit early so I would be ready with that link around 1145 and then you should be good to go... The active account isn't necessary but if you have one it may speed you up as it should prefill some of the info for you

something like this is exactly what I was afraid of and why I chose not to use it yesterday....but at least you found out now and can still register today
Yep! Exactly why I called to confirm. Not a huge deal for me. Glad to know ahead of time. Knew it was too good to be true but wanted to try because for once I wanted to be the bad girl

She told me on the phone but I haven't gotten anything yet. So I'm now afraid of the same thing. But I figured I'd rather have two then fight them later and say you told me you were canceling them than have none?

I suppose you're right!
I really hope all of us get the desired spots today!

i wonder how many people registered yesterday and because of that won't be worried about it today. I'm kind of glad I'm not doing any of the real popular runs this go round. Goofy was around for a while last year. I also wonder if they will still cancel the registrations and when the emails will be sent out

I am pretty sure I remember this happening for Princess one year - people were able to register early and their registrations were canceled.

Those of you who signed up last night - double-check EVERYTHING.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter