KIds riding without adult

I go to Disneyland often alone with my almost 7 year old and my 4 year old. When we ride certain rides my older DD has to ride alone. She'll be 7 in a few months, but I am confident in her maturity and her ability to handle an emergency at this point, so I tell her to tell the CMs she's 7. I've explained to her why it's ok to lie in this case. Some may disagree with me, but oh well. If it helps matters I always bought them a ticket when they were 3!

To answer the OP, DD is small for her age. Everytime the CMs ask her how old she is. She says 7 or I say 7 and the CM has never batted an eye. So I say they will probably be asked but it's not a big deal.

I'm curious. What reason did you teach a 6 year old to lie in this case, but not others, was ok?

Disney expects their Guests to be honest about things like this. Please note that we do not encourage or condone discussion on how to skirt around Disney's policies here on the DISboards.

I'm pretty sure my DS10 would be horribly embarrassed if he was stopped and asked if is 7 years old.

I'm 54 years old and reach a height of five feet on a good day. I am constantly reminded that I am a small person. My reply in those instances is to just say, "I can't do anything about it so I embrace the genes I was given".

In your son's case, he can say that he wants to be like Ryan Blaney, the NASCAR driver. He at least grew to a full height of 4' 11" and is doing very well for himself :)

In your son's case, he can say that he wants to be like Ryan Blaney, the NASCAR driver. He at least grew to a full height of 4' 11" and is doing very well for himself :)

Ryan is actually 5'7." I know the Internet says otherwise, but it's definitely wrong in this case! When asked about it Ryan said that he's actually 4'9," but he was joking. :rolleyes1

I'm 54 years old and reach a height of five feet on a good day. I am constantly reminded that I am a small person. My reply in those instances is to just say, "I can't do anything about it so I embrace the genes I was given".

It's surprising what people think is acceptable. I'm overweight and I'm pretty sure that the people who tell you and my son that you are short in that happy sing-song voice, wouldn't tell me that I'm overweight. But I think you are correct, that it is a good idea for him to have an answer. When he was very young, like 4-6 years old, he told people he was medium. Unfortunately, I think he has now come to grips with his non-medium stature.

Ryan is actually 5'7." I know the Internet says otherwise, but it's definitely wrong in this case! When asked about it Ryan said that he's actually 4'9," but he was joking. :rolleyes1

I "stand" corrected. Never trust Wikipedia for a final term paper :). NASCAR lists him at 5' 7". Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter