July 2023 W.I.S.H. Thread, Hello Sunshine!☀️

TGIF!! It's been a good week to come back to work since it was only a 3 day work week for me, but still glad it's Friday!

There's been some movie talk lately and DH and I saw one last night - Sound of Freedom - it was definitely eye opening. The man the lead in the movie portrayed is a real American hero!

On a much lighter note, we're going to go see No Hard Feelings tonight and then probably the Indiana Jones movie on Saturday. I hadn't heard of the Past Lives that @Oneanne mentioned, but that sounds really good too. It's only on in a couple of small theaters in our area, but we might try to see it during the week next week at one of those. It looks really good too.

For the weekend I have an acupuncture appt early Saturday and then think I'll go into to the old town area of Poulsbo, 45 minutes away, and wander thru some antique stores. With any luck I'll hit the 11am opening of the Hood Canal Bridge, when they let boats thru... if you're on the bridge when this happens its really cool to be able to get out of the car and mill around.

I discontinued using the new calorie logging app. With it I felt like I was way under in calories every day but according to FitBit I wasn't, and it wasn't giving me anything new and more helpful. I still haven't really started the cleanse but have made some good adjustments, I'm giving myself thru the weekend to get ready then will do it properly next week.

I'm signed up for a cycling class Sunday morning. Not really sure if this is the thing for me but it is offered in an evening and a weekend class which has been hard to find, so I thought I'd give it a try. Other than that I absolutely need to get out and walk as my step count has been very low due to the hot weather and my sore feet.

Loved seeing Summer's garden pictures yesterday... here's my pride and joy. The pumpkins have really been enjoying the hot weather.

1688743404250.png

For the weekend I have an acupuncture appt early Saturday and then think I'll go into to the old town area of Poulsbo, 45 minutes away, and wander thru some antique stores. With any luck I'll hit the 11am opening of the Hood Canal Bridge, when they let boats thru... if you're on the bridge when this happens its really cool to be able to get out of the car and mill around.

I discontinued using the new calorie logging app. With it I felt like I was way under in calories every day but according to FitBit I wasn't, and it wasn't giving me anything new and more helpful. I still haven't really started the cleanse but have made some good adjustments, I'm giving myself thru the weekend to get ready then will do it properly next week.

I'm signed up for a cycling class Sunday morning. Not really sure if this is the thing for me but it is offered in an evening and a weekend class which has been hard to find, so I thought I'd give it a try. Other than that I absolutely need to get out and walk as my step count has been very low due to the hot weather and my sore feet.

Loved seeing Summer's garden pictures yesterday... here's my pride and joy. The pumpkins have really been enjoying the hot weather.

View attachment 775715
In spite of the app not working out and not getting enough steps in, you have managed to lose weight very successfully. I think you deserve a pat on the back. 😁

Happy Friday! Hubby has the kids in OCNJ and I'm off work, so it really is a free for all here. Plan is to balance getting things done with just chilling and doing whatever I darn well please.

I got my strength training workout in, so that's officially 4 runs and 2 cross trains this week, which I haven't been able to do in a year! Next on the agenda are decreasing my pace and increasing my Sunday miles. I'm running a 10k at the end of September and just put together a training program that should help me with both. Fingers crossed!

Belated thankful "Thursday" - my car is fixed! It had been making a funny noise and I dropped it off this morning. They had everything they needed to fix it and get it back to me today, and it drives soooo much better. :car:

Exercise-wise, I've been a little lazy in the heat, but I'm still on track with my minutes goal because I got ahead the other day, so it will be OK.

And even though we're ordering Italian tonight, I got salmon instead of a heavy pasta dish, so I'm happy with that decision. Heading out now to pick it up.

Well, that was a silly one. I couldn't decide if I should answer what I'd *prefer* to eat in a day or what I'd actually eat on a normal day. I'm pretty sure vacation me would have gotten a very different result, lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230708-084706.png
    Screenshot_20230708-084706.png
    164.1 KB · Views: 0
Happy Weekend!!!! I have been so busy with work this week it has been hard to keep up here! I have been popping in and reading though ☺️

Full weekend of getting DD ready for camp-she leaves Monday morning at 730 and comes back Saturday night! She’s excited but understandably nervous-but just on and off, not overwhelmingly so. We have made lists, packed, repacked, washed, did Walmart runs…I think she is ready!!!

DH and I did 3 hours of big dog walking today at the SPCA…with a real feel temp of 107 🥵 I’m not sure I have ever been so sweaty.

Tomorrow we are going to church and that’s all that’s on the schedule!

I was unable to take the quiz-it just sat and loaded forever! Might try it later!!!

1688856279474.png

I got Fall - it was hard sometimes picking which food - I'm not a coffee or hot drink -drinker, but otherwise, the description is pretty accurate.

We saw No Hard Feelings last night which was a stark difference from Sound of Freedom. Tonight's movie is on hold because DH isn't feeling good - he went to the clinic and they put him on some antibiotics and said he should stay away from people for a few days, so I guess we'll watch something at home instead.

Self-care today started with canceling the spin class. My excuse was wanting to sleep until I naturally woke up and with the class being at 8am, that wouldn't happen. I'm on a mission to get my sleep score up to excellent and I've started doing a guided meditation before going to bed in hopes of getting my sleeping heart rate down, as that is the weakest part of the score. Last night I was just one point shy... sleeping in this morning helped with that as well as the meditation.

I had an excellent session with my acupuncturist yesterday. I've been having digestive issues, despite going on to the healthy eating plan for the cleanse. Gut health is so important to overall health, so we're going after it with supportive needles and an herbal supplement to help rebalance. Plus I need to get 100% on to the cleanse and eliminate gluten because it is a likely suspect. So additional self-care today is to eat to plan.

Other self-care stuff for today is to sit down and force myself to read. I have to retrain my brain to focus and concentrate better and I know reading will do that by lighting up underutilized neuro-pathways.

I enjoyed Asteroid City, it is visually so stunning that it really held my attention plus it really packs some emotional punches despite (or because of?) the highly stylized acting. But I have to confess, this morning I had to read some reviews to understand what the heck it was about. I'm spending this afternoon with Indian Jones. I loved the first movie so much, I saw it five times in the local theater mostly at matinees. I'm hoping for some nostalgic adventurous fun with him today.

I ran 4 miles today! It was ridiculously humid despite the temp not being high, and I debated calling it just a mile in, but I powered through. It's been a year since I was able to run that distance, as distance running was one of the first things I lost when I started feeling sick last spring.

Self care has involved getting out of my head and getting some stuff done. I've been really unmotivated lately and it just makes me feel like crap. If I were avoiding chores to do something fun, ok, but I'm truly just playing dumb games on my phone instead of tackling what turn out to be totally manageable projects. I'm very happy to have a pile of keepsakes tucked away in the girls' "save" bin (certificates for completing dance recitals, birthday cards, etc) and off of my desk. Next up, I'm going to cut up veggies for meals this week so that they're prepped and ready to go when I'm shorter on time in the evenings after work. Nothing huge, but I definitely feel better when I've accomplished something instead of procrastinating for no damn reason. Normally I wouldn't categorize doing chores as self care, but it's definitely helping my mental health.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter